Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,948 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

JIdontknow wrote:
    What’s the story now with ordering firesticks from Amazon, says only delivers to UK address and also doesn’t accept parcel motel address as a UK option. How does one go about ordering a fire stick now or has the ship sailed? Try Amazon in a European location instead?

The can be bought on Donedeal and Adverts. Other posters have bought this way

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Argos seems to be the best bet. Keep an eye out for discounts, I got one reduced to €36 a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

ITV hub, even installed after changing the country of residence etc, is just not playing ball with Nordvpn. Notification keeps telling me Im outside uk. Very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭boardtc

boardtc wrote: »
    After the Eir Amazon prime deal ended I'm now paying for prime, which I watch on the firestick. Incidentally, that seems to mean I've got Amazon prime free postage too which I had not realised.

Has anyone had any issues with the switch from free to pay? I tried to watch The Rental last night and got this message:

cqNRoW.jpg

Just off chat with Amazon about why my firestick has not been able to access prime video this year:

"Due to the brexit starting on January 1, 2021 all customer that was not resident to UK will not able to access the Prime video UK.That's why the alternative ways to access or still able to watch Prime video is though www.Primevideo.com.
    However, this will only able to access through website and not an app.
    This site is built specially to the customer who don't have there Amazon site in their country."

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glen123

Just off chat with Amazon about why my firestick has not been able to access prime video this year:

"Due to the brexit starting on January 1, 2021 all customer that was not resident to UK will not able to access the Prime video UK.That's why the alternative ways to access or still able to watch Prime video is though www.Primevideo.com.
    This site is built specially to the customer who don't have there Amazon site in their country."

My account was set to UK and because I am physically in Ireland, a lot of content stopped working that should have worked for Irish customers (tennis, for example). It took me 2 chat attempts for Amazon (had to be transferred to Digital Team) to change some setting on my account back to Ireland before things started working. First chat kept quoting me Brexit and 1st of Jan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

JIdontknow wrote: »
    What’s the story now with ordering firesticks from Amazon, says only delivers to UK address and also doesn’t accept parcel motel address as a UK option. How does one go about ordering a fire stick now or has the ship sailed? Try Amazon in a European location instead?

Order from Curry's. I ordered last week, had it within a couple of days, no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You have to download a separate prime video app to access the Irish content on your firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cudster

My Amazon fire stick seems to be stuck on the fire tv logo and won’t move to the main menu..tried unplugging/ tried on other tv / tried resetting with remote but seems to be crashed/ stuck on Firetv logo ..anyone know what to do or how to fix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

I'm the same with Express VPN. It's very annoying... BBC IPLAYER is the same.
    Beanstalk wrote: »
    ITV hub, even installed after changing the country of residence etc, is just not playing ball with Nordvpn. Notification keeps telling me Im outside uk. Very frustrating!

AFAIK An Post with their Address Pal service are the only ones offering this UK address facility... it's a bit pricey but it's better than nothing.
    JIdontknow wrote: »

• Advertisement

johnire wrote:
    I'm the same with Express VPN. It's very annoying... BBC IPLAYER is the same.

A smart DNS is much more reliable than a VPN. Another poster (on this thread I think) that has Express VPN says that they have a DNS service included in your subscription

I use Smart dns Proxy and have no issues with UK or US content.

Is TVPlayer just live TV? Thanks.
    Where can I get TVplayer app from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    A smart DNS is much more reliable than a VPN. Another poster (on this thread I think) that has Express VPN says that they have a DNS service included in your subscription

I use Smart dns Proxy and have no issues with UK or US content.

Go to the Bargain Alerts forum and there's a getflix thread. Getflix have DNS for UK content.

Sup08 wrote:
    Go to the Bargain Alerts forum and there's a getflix thread. Getflix have DNS for UK content.

I have lifetime getflix but iplayer buffered a lot & UK NOW TV was unusable for a while. I moved to smart dns proxy and this resolved the issues I was having.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Nord VPN also have a smart vpn but it's still only partially resolving. It's seems that itv hub have blocked some of the common server numbers but theres no way to select a particular server via the firestick app. Hopefully they'll sort it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

anyone using keepsolid vpn with the s sport app,if so hows it working?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

johnire wrote: »
    Is TVPlayer just live TV? Thanks.

Mainly. Does have some on Demand stuff from the like of MTV, NAT Geo, Sky History, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just to say, TVplayer app is so good.

Sorry, how did you get this?
    I changed location and its coming up as unavailable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Nord VPN also have a smart vpn but it's still only partially resolving. It's seems that itv hub have blocked some of the common server numbers but theres no way to select a particular server via the firestick app. Hopefully they'll sort it soon

The Nord Firestick app is poorly designed, but it is possible to pick a specific server.

The Nord server numbers are here. The ones with a UK prefix are the UK servers

https://nordvpn.com/ovpn/

In the Nord firestick app search box type the server number only. Don't type the country prefix.

This will bring up all nord servers (in various countries) with that number. Pick the UK server you want that way.

BTW I just tried 1840 and it worked for ITV Hub.

I'm using Express VPN and it's working fine. I set up an account with them which is very straight forward and then I log in. It is very good for Live TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got it on UK appstore.

bassy wrote: »
    anyone using keepsolid vpn with the s sport app,if so hows it working?.

No issues. Have a look on bargain alerts, there's a lot of ssports chat there. That app has got me hooked on sports I'd have never watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

johnire wrote: »
    AFAIK An Post with their Address Pal service are the only ones offering this UK address facility... it's a bit pricey but it's better than nothing.

Or if you are near Letterkenny or Monaghan you could use thepostalstore.ie - they provide the same type of service as PM or AP. €3 per parcel collected. Plus, Amazon seem to accept them as a delivery address.

PS - am not affiliated with them, just use them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got it on UK appstore.

Got it, wasn't working on the firestick but got it on the browser.

Nice app, now to convince my wife we don't need Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Nice app, now to convince my wife we don't need Sky!

I had a play around with TVPlayer - it seems you can't pause/rewind live TV? Can you record a show or do you have to rely on what'w available "on-demand"?

Unless you pay, TVPlayer is only good for live TV, no pause.
    But if you can use TVPlayer, you have a VPN working so just use the iplayer/stv player/my5 and all4 works without a VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

TheDriver wrote: »
    Unless you pay, TVPlayer is only good for live TV, no pause.
    But if you can use TVPlayer, you have a VPN working so just use the iplayer/stv player/my5 and all4 works without a VPN

Do you mean BBC iplayer there? One it's installed and signed in you can use it without VPN?

Do you mean BBC iplayer there? One it's installed and signed in you can use it without VPN?

Yes bbc. No, VPN must be on for all the UK players AFAIK, except All4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Ok think I f**ked up, I was logging onto Prime and it mentioned something about location. I picked Ireland in the stupid belief it would allow me to watch prime content on my Firestick in Ireland but now I get nothing. Even the stuff that should work. I get error PLR_PRS_CALL_FAILED

I guess this is because the Firestick isn't supported in Ireland? DO I have to get back onto them to switch me back to UK? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Yeah.

Advertisement