Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provided chargers at shops

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Just the right place to catch you walking exercising your way to Ikea

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

KCross wrote: »
    I presume you got lucky with that?
    Normal procedure would be to go into the shop to get them to come out with the fob? Bit of a pain if thats how its going to work.

I’d say normal procedure once the shop is up and running as normal without C19 restrictions. But with the ques outside etc they have staff Permanently present.

He also ran over and activated a 2017 Leaf while I was in the que.
    there was also a 201 M3 charging, one of theism Merc B things and an outlander.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Charging at Decathlon now @23kW. 5 double chargers, had to get Easygo fob inside. Tried my own Easygo fob, but didn't work. Queue to get into shop less than 10 mins. Massive queue at checkout though! Just had a look, now in unreal IKEA queue as I've been tasked to pick up a few specific things there. About 300 people ahead of me though :eek:

^^^

I was longer queuing to pay than I was to get in :)
    Nice bank of chargers alright and 22kw charging is the icing on the cake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

unkel wrote: »
    Charging at Decathlon now @23kW. 5 double chargers, had to get Easygo fob inside. Tried my own Easygo fob, but didn't work. Queue to get into shop less than 10 mins. Massive queue at checkout though! Just had a look, now in unreal IKEA queue as I've been tasked to pick up a few specific things there. About 300 people ahead of me though :eek:

There are plenty of cheap RDIF copiers out there and then you can just write to your own fob to save you the hassle of going in store EDIT with store's permission
    I used to have the software to do this on my phone but it seems to have been lost as I upgraded recently.

This post in no way condones illegal or immoral copying of fobs to circumnavigate externalities

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

slave1 wrote: »
    There are plenty of cheap RDIF copiers out there and then you can just write to your own fob to save you the hassle of going in store.
    I used to have the software to do this on my phone but it seems to have been lost as I upgraded recently, used it to copy Nintendo Amibo's

Maybe don't do that, and instead respect the wishes of the store owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Get the fob, start the charge, go to Ikea next door, do your shop there and have something to eat, come back to a car that has just taken in 60-70kWh :D

Expect to have been clamped for walking off the site!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

There are plenty of cheap RDIF copiers out there and then you can just write to your own fob to save you the hassle of going in store.
    I used to have the software to do this on my phone but it seems to have been lost as I upgraded recently, used it to copy Nintendo Amibo's

As a moderator on this site, where is the integrity in that suggestion?
    Is it not fraud?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Came back to the car 95% charged, it had taken on 59kWh

More than enough to pay for my fuel for the return trip, for the tolls and for the portion of meatballs I had in Ikea :D

There are plenty of cheap RDIF copiers out there and then you can just write to your own fob to save you the hassle of going in store EDIT with store's permission
    I used to have the software to do this on my phone but it seems to have been lost as I upgraded recently.

This post in no way condones illegal or immoral copying of fobs to circumnavigate externalities
    As a moderator on this site, where is the integrity in that suggestion?
    Is it not fraud?

Being a moderator has nothing to do with my personal posts.
    If you are going to Decathlon and don't want the hassle of waiting in a long queue to get the fob then this in a potential option - ask in store or do not do it, some mad queues out there at the minute so could be there quite some time.
    Alluded to below...
    What would be annoying though (most likely only in the short to medium term), would be having to queue up for 20 minutes just to get into the store to get a fob, only to start the charge, and then probably only need another 10-15 minutes actually in the store to buy what you need! (I'd assume you wouldn't need to queue back up again to get back in after leaving with a fob to start the charge)..

Life is about avoiding hassle, like copying the ESB card onto a fob so I don't have to flute around looking for a card when charging up

• Advertisement

Life is about avoiding hassle, like copying the ESB card onto a fob so I don't have to flute around looking for a card when charging up

Copying your own eCars fob for convenience is ok, duplicating a stores fob which was implemented to ensure only customers use the chargers is unacceptable. I don't think it's illegal, but I'm pretty sure Decathlon would not approve of anybody who does so.

The chargers are provided by EasyGo, so it's clearly a choice the store has made, and a person would be actively abusing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Came back to the car 95% charged, it had taken on 59kWh

More than enough to pay for my fuel for the return trip, for the tolls and for the portion of meatballs I had in Ikea :D

Poor Decathlon subsidising the government (Westlink) and Ikea!

I used to love Decathlon in London. Like a warehouse full of sports things that you’d almost dream didn’t exist.

Just to be 100% in my previous posts, I am in no way condoning the illegal or immoral copying of a stores fob without their permission, that is in my previous post but maybe not clear to posters.
    End of.
    Back on topic.....

I just walked straight to the door, asked the security guy about charging. He told me to go to the customer service desk just inside the doors to get a fob. There were people queuing there too, but I asked straight away for a dongle and got one 2 seconds later. Went back to car, started charge and then queued to go into the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rotary939

Gumbo wrote: »
    I’d say normal procedure once the shop is up and running as normal without C19 restrictions. But with the ques outside etc they have staff Permanently present.

He also ran over and activated a 2017 Leaf while I was in the que.
    there was also a 201 M3 charging, one of theism Merc B things and an outlander.

The M3 was me. Skipped the queue to get a fob from the returns counter and was told they'd pop out. Waited 10 mins and no sign, went back in and was given the fob. Then queued as normal to get back in, store was nuts, no regard for distancing once inside. Returning everything I got as sizes all over the place lol . And yes, I gave the fob back :)

Rotary939 wrote: »
    The M3 was me. Skipped the queue to get a fob from the returns counter and was told they'd pop out. Waited 10 mins and no sign, went back in and was given the fob. Then queued as normal to get back in, store was nuts, no regard for distancing once inside. Returning everything I got as sizes all over the place lol . And yes, I gave the fob back :)

I was wondering as I seen you plugged in when I got there.
    Then I seen you at your car.
    Then I seen the car still there.

I just pulled up and the fella ran over. He must have been in the look out after you’d just been in with them.

Wasn’t you towing a trailer on the M2 this evening was it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hope the Facebook post isn't true and that people are actually returning the fobs after use and that they are not down to the last few.

Hope the Facebook post isn't true and that people are actually returning the fobs after use and that they are not down to the last few.

Didn’t see anything mentioned about dons on their page. What happening?

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Gumbo wrote: »
    Didn’t see anything mentioned about dons on their page. What happening?

They had 22 fobs when they opened, they now only have 2 because people are not returning them. Shameful stuff. This is why people can't have free things. They just abuse it until the courtesy has to be removed.

IEVOA facebook mentioned it in a comment around how to charge there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

They had 22 fobs when they opened, they now only have 2 because people are not returning them. Shameful stuff. This is why people can't have free things. They just abuse it until the courtesy has to be removed.

IEVOA facebook mentioned it in a comment around how to charge there.

They didn't have 22

• Advertisement

Felexicon wrote: »
    They didn't have 22

How many did they have?

I'm just repeating what I read on facebook.

How many did they have?

Even if they only had 3 it's still a ****ty thing to steal a fob when you've just got a free charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

How many did they have?

They had 10 to start with

Felexicon wrote: »
    They had 10 to start with

Fascinating.

Fascinating.

So 8 ****ers then.

So 8 ****ers then.

Maybe we should of cloned them like slave1 totally wasn't suggesting. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

get slave1 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Get the fob, start the charge, go to Ikea next door, do your shop there and have something to eat, come back to a car that has just taken in 60-70kWh :D

Where is your personal and social/ community integrity with that suggestion?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Hey! That's our line we use when charging spots are iced! :p

• Advertisement

You would have stopped the charge when you came out of Decathlon and driven the 50m across the road to Ikea, to park there, would you?

If you answer yes, I don't believe you :p And if you really did, you'd be a right fool to do so, particularly when most of the chargers were empty...

I did of course hand the dongle back (to the security guy), but Decathlon are very foolish to have chosen a system like this. Why not have them free vend? This dongle setup is only going to cost them more and it is inefficient and not customer friendly.

Advertisement