Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV stick with 2 months pass €12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

wandererz wrote: »
    Are you using a VPN or DNS proxy or such?

Nope. Just double checked. Actually in the process of switching to vm broadband so have no VPN active.

I think it's their site being hammered more than anything.

Not too pushed about the first match but wan to see the city arsenal game later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Got this far, clicked the button and got an Oops something went wrong... message

Can anyone confirm, will this let you watch Disney plus on it? It's for my son and his ps3 doesnt have a disney app.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Luke2513

Can anyone confirm, will this let you watch Disney plus on it? It's for my son and his ps3 doesnt have a disney app.

I don’t think so

Luke2513 wrote: »
    I don’t think so

"NOW TV customers can now download the app from the device App Store and sign into their Disney+ account to start watching all of their family favourites."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzz.ie/amp/movies-tv/disney-app-now-available-now-tv-367613

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Just to update, have been able to complete set up now. Months free sports and cinema added to the account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

It has the Disney plus app

givecredit wrote: »
    It has the Disney plus app

Would you need an active nowtv pass to access the disney app? Have a disney subscription already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Would you need an active nowtv pass to access the disney app? Have a disney subscription already

No.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

SK1979 wrote: »
    Just to update, have been able to complete set up now. Months free sports and cinema added to the account.

Yep, working for me now. I unplugged the stick, plugged it back in and that generated a new setup code. Straightforward from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Have a reservation for the 2 month cinema pass stick at argos Omni (santry) that expires at the end of today if anyone wants send me PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

matchthis wrote: »
    Picked up 2 ordered in. Price gone up, but they honoured the price from the weekend

2 month cinema pass bundle

This happened to me yesterday as well in Tallaght. I think it helped that I had the email reservation showing the original price.

If anyone has a reservation at the €12 I'd suggest picking it up, because any new reservation will probably be at the new rice of €20. Though in fairness, €20 for a 2 month movie or TV pass and the stick isn't a bad price either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is there a time limit on when these passes must be redeemed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

lertsnim wrote: »
    Is there a time limit on when these passes must be redeemed?

A year from the date of purchase according to the back of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

NuMarvel wrote: »
    A year from the date of purchase according to the back of the box.

May as well leave it for the winter months so.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

I have an argos reservation for the 2 month cinema pass with stick for the lower price of €12. Collection is in the St Stephens Green store and expires at 6pm today. If anyone wants it please send me a pm and I will also send on the original email. This was extended by the store as I could not collect last Monday. They should honour the original price shown on the email. Cheers, freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

OP was the multi pass €15 and did that include Hayu?

Looking to get one of these for Black Friday and looks like they have started been reduced already, best I can see is €24 not close to €15 but good all the same.

Tallaght Argos have 3 in stock @ 19.99 (Entertainment pack)

Multipack is 24.99

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

anyone know if netflix can be accessed using the 19.99 nowtv dongle. it says youtube on argos website.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

anyone know if netflix can be accessed using the 19.99 nowtv dongle. it says youtube on argos website.

Yes, Netflix is on the Now TV dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

TinCanMan wrote: »

Yes, Netflix is on the Now TV dongle.

Thanks very much TinCanMan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Tallaght Argos have 3 in stock @ 19.99 (Entertainment pack)

Multipack is 24.99

What passes are actually included in the Multipack?
    The description is a bit vague on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Various versions of the sticks are half price in Tesco at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i reserved 2 on argos just now.

couldn't be clearer what was included .
    To get you started there's a NOW TV 1 Month Entertainment Pass, 1 Month Sky Cinema Pass, 1 Month Kids Pass, 1 Month Hayu Pass and 1 Week Sky Sports Pass that lets you watch all of NOW TVs amazing content.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I got the 2 Months Sky Cinema stick for €19.99. First time user , impressed. Easy to set up and now have movies for 2 months of Lockdown and Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I've signed up for NowTV with the three month half price offer on both sports packages - €37.50 a month.

Harvey Norman is doing the stick with a month's pass for both sports packages for €29. If I buy it can I add the month on at the end of the three I'm signed up for now?

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    I've signed up for NowTV with the three month half price offer on both sports packages - €37.50 a month.

Harvey Norman is doing the stick with a month's pass for both sports packages for €29. If I buy it can I add the month on at the end of the three I'm signed up for now?

Yes, but you may need to wait until the last month to activate the pass to extend.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Yes, but you may need to wait until the last month to activate the pass to extend.

Thanks, does that mean I shouldn't use the stick at all until the end of the 3 months?

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Thanks, does that mean I shouldn't use the stick at all until the end of the 3 months?

No. You can use the stick. It will either auto load the pass to the end of what you have already, thus extending the date when you have to pay them via subscription

or

it will have the passes available to activate in the last month of your existing deal. I've seen it do both in the same scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Can anyone advise on the multipass do all the passes go active at the same time or can you use 1 for the first month and then say another the month after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

I got one recently and if I remember rightly, only the sports pass kicked in straight away and I could activate the others whenever I wanted.

Advertisement