Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV stick with 2 months pass €12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

Can someone please advise me as to what apps are available on the Irish registered Now TV Sticks please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

wandererz wrote: »
    Can someone please advise me as to what apps are available on the Irish registered Now TV Sticks please.

There's a list on their website - https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick.

NuMarvel wrote: »
    sugarman wrote: »
    For catch up TV just RTE Player, Virgin Media player, All4.

The few others like Youtube, Netflix, Spotify, Disney+, Youtube.

Not great, fairly limited device and very (completely) locked down in terms of hacking/side loading.

Just for comparison, i've managed to add these on the UK registered one:
    Netflix
    Disney+
    Youtube
    Roku Channel
    TuneIn
    BBC News
    Sky News
    My5
    BBC iPlayer
    ITV Hub
    BBC Sport
    Sky Sports news

No RTE etc but i get that off basic Virgin media

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I picked up two of these today despite showing none in stock on the website for my local store (I just asked at the till when picking up something else and they had 2 left). Quick question - and apologies if this has already been asked - do I have to use both sticks one after the other or can the passes (virtual or real) etc. be transferred between sticks?

I picked up two of these today despite showing none in stock on the website for my local store (I just asked at the till when picking up something else and they had 2 left). Quick question - and apologies if this has already been asked - do I have to use both sticks one after the other or can the passes (virtual or real) etc. be transferred between sticks?

If the voucher i embedded on the device (which i believe these are) then there is no option to transfer them.

• Advertisement

If the voucher i embedded on the device (which i believe these are) then there is no option to transfer them.

Thanks! That's what I thought....seems a bit daft......but I'm sure they have some reason.

I assume you can use the same account with multiple sticks though, right?

Thanks! That's what I thought....seems a bit daft......but I'm sure they have some reason.

5 devices registered to one account.
    Max 2 devices can be used simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

You can use both sticks at same time using same account. The passes from second stick will be stacked on top of original stick passes, giving you 4 months.

Thanks guys, I think I get it now. Awful waste of a spare stick though.

Thanks guys, I think I get it now. Awful waste of a spare stick though.

Not entirely. Useful if you have TV in a second room or bedroom.
    Afterwards, just pay for one subscription and use in two locations under same account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yeah, my understanding is you have to activate the pass on the stock it came with but then you can use it on any device you log into your account on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

FYI this should work for disney plus as well. It's a cheap alternative to chromecast with a remote, free rental and 2 weeks free entertainment thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

If anyone has dunnes stores shop and save vouchers this count towards the €50 spend. I bought one with one months sports and movies for €25. Then topped it up with some shopping and got €10 of €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bitent

Some people mentioned Spotify is on this.
    I have an Irish one and I don't remember it being in the app store.
    Is it supposed to be there?.

bitent wrote: »
    Should be according to the website
    https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

FYI, for anyone using this with an AV receiver, it can control the volume on the receiver as long as the TV has a HDMI CEC connection to the receiver.

On the Now TV stick, go to "Settings" - "Remotes", select the remote and choose the Control TV Volume option an follow the instructions.

Now TV & Roku say that it cannot control AV receivers but it can indirectly via HDMI CEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bitent

You're right, I just checked store again and it is there.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

bitent wrote: »

spotify running great on mine, can be controlled from any other spotify device in the house you can even open the app if its not running.

very limited app store overall but all the staple paid streaming services are there which is the devices main purpose anyways.

the youtube experience is also very seamless

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

Has anyone received a €12 Now TV Stick from Argos yet? I reserved one then I noticed they had "Out of stock" up, yet they said I could collect 17th or 18th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Mearings wrote: »
    Has anyone received a €12 Now TV Stick from Argos yet? I reserved one then I noticed they had "Out of stock" up, yet they said I could collect 17th or 18th June.

I presume they update their stock to reflect reservations. So you might have reserved the last one?

Someone mentioned earlier there might be ghost reservations, but that as long as you have an actual reservation code, then I'd say you're fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

have another one reserved and they text me as usual but instead of a collection text i got a text saying they would text when it comes into stock.

its a 2 month cinema stick, was hoping to find a 2 month entertainment one, if anybody wants to trade reservations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Picked up one in Waterford yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

lertsnim wrote: »
    Picked up one in Waterford yesterday.
    I'll report back if I collect.

I keep getting this error on chrome and samsung browser, what am I doing wrong

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Having the same issue trying to sign up as well. Just been on to their chat and the guy, who was pretty useless it must be said, just came back to say there's a problem with their website at the moment. Apparently they're working on it and he said to try again later.

Zaph wrote: »
    Having the same issue trying to sign up as well. Just been on to their chat and the guy, who was pretty useless it must be said, just came back to say there's a problem with their website at the moment. Apparently they're working on it and he said to try again later.

Ok thanks Zaph!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I keep getting this error on chrome and samsung browser, what am I doing wrong

That looks like your on the UK site not the Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Picked up 2 ordered in. Price gone up, but they honoured the price from the weekend

2 month cinema pass bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Yep, having the same sign up issue. Picked up a stick in Super Valu thats supposed to have 1 month of Sport and Movies. Cant get past the authorisation code stage at present.

• Advertisement

SK1979 wrote: »
    Yep, having the same sign up issue. Picked up a stick in Super Valu thats supposed to have 1 month of Sport and Movies. Cant get past the authorisation code stage at present.

Are you using a VPN or DNS proxy or such?

Advertisement