Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV stick with 2 months pass €12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Thanks very much to the two posters for that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Just tried to reserve the 12 euro ones in arklow but none in stock, entertainment showing out of stock and i was able to reserve a cinema for collection next wednesday or that, was able to reserve the 15 quid one for today so on route to get it now.

Anybody know is it possible to get the PlayTo app onto these in Ireland? its about the only app which is missing from the irish list that i could see myself using.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,695 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

fdevine wrote: »
    For anyone looking for more than a week of sport you can get NowTV passes for Sky Sports for €23 pm for six months or BT & Premier Sports for €17 pm or €40 pm combined pass
    Thanks for the heads up, checked two days ago and it was full price but I was holding off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭bamayang

Thanks for the heads up, checked two days ago and it was full price but I was holding off :)

Can’t get this to work. Can google it and find it online but when I click on using the stick, it shows as €39/month. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,695 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

bamayang wrote: »
    Can’t get this to work. Can google it and find it online but when I click on using the stick, it shows as €39/month. Is there something I’m doing wrong?
    You can buy it online and it'll add to your account, then use the stick. I think that should work? I'm no expert though

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭bamayang

You can buy it online and it'll add to your account, then use the stick. I think that should work? I'm no expert though

Finally got it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

bamayang wrote: »
    Finally got it!!

Is the sports pack activated automatically when you use now tv or can you activate it yourself later when needed? When does the six months start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

shocksy wrote: »
    Thanks very much to the two posters for that info.

While you can have 2 simultaneous users, you do need to watch one thing - for some reason if you want to use a Chromecast, this counts as 2 devices. Otherwise it's no problem - when I got my dongle I was able to give it to my nephew for his use and I could sign on via the NowTV app in my Hitachi TV. Of course it meant when I went to "continue" on say GoT I got HIS next episodes lined up and had to go back a few to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

Check your reservation before going. I didn't bother reading mine but it turned out to be a ghost reservation. There was no reservation code. They had none available. And all the ones that are due in this week are already reserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 xxrichixx

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    Great deal. Can anyone see any better than €25 for the sports bundle ? Be handy to have it when soccer is back

Can't see how long this is for on the site. Is it a month?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Quackster wrote: »
    Just ordered it in Killarney. Only the one in stock. Thanks OP!
    Picked this up yesterday. There's also a €3.99 voucher for the Sky Store in the box so even better again. Managed to bag a cinema pass stick in Tralee today so that's both TVs sorted now.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8109075/Trail/searchtext%3ENow+tv.htm

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

fdevine wrote: »
    For anyone looking for more than a week of sport you can get NowTV passes for Sky Sports for €23 pm for six months or BT & Premier Sports for €17 pm or €40 pm combined pass

I just bought a stick with 1 month Sky Sports on it the other day. Can I buy this and only activate it after that month is up, or does it activate as soon as I buy it?

xxrichixx wrote: »
    ruddy1987 wrote: »
    Great deal. Can anyone see any better than €25 for the sports bundle ? Be handy to have it when soccer is back

Can't see how long this is for on the site. Is it a month?

Yeah, it's for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Zaph wrote: »
    I just bought a stick with 1 month Sky Sports on it the other day. Can I buy this and only activate it after that month is up, or does it activate as soon as I buy it?

It will kick in after your month has expired.

givecredit wrote: »
    It will kick in after your month has expired.

That's good to know, thanks. So do I just buy it and NowTV apply the purchase to my account and it shows as 7 months, or do I wait until the month has expired and then apply a code or whatever myself? The latter would be preferable as there's probably going to be a bit of a break between the end of this football season and the beginning of the new one so I'd be able to maximise the benefit of the deal.

Zaph wrote: »
    That's good to know, thanks. So do I just buy it and NowTV apply the purchase to my account and it shows as 7 months, or do I wait until the month has expired and then apply a code or whatever myself? The latter would be preferable as there's probably going to be a bit of a break between the end of this football season and the beginning of the new one so I'd be able to maximise the benefit of the deal.

Now TV will apply the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

FYI, as most Argos are out of stock of this.

Curry's/PC World have one for €20 with a 2 Month Entertainment or a 2 Month Movie pass.
    So for the extra €8 you get an extra months pass compared to the Argos deal.

Essentially you are getting a 2 months pass for €15 (that's their current half price offer) plus you are getting the NowTV stick for an extra €5 rather than €39

The entertainment pass gets you Sky TV Entertainment Channels, Live TV plus you can install Netflix & YouTube and run those from one stick.
    There are also other UK channels available subject to sign-up (i have a UK NowTV stick).

Well worth it at this price.

wandererz wrote: »

Essentially you are getting a 2 months pass for €15 (that's their current half price offer) plus you are getting the NowTV stick for an extra €5 rather than €39

The argos deal is also with a 2 month pass. Just collected my 2 month movie pass stick for 12 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

I just cancelled my Sky account-hoping they will come back with a decent offer. Currently have entertainment package with Sports paused. Can you add Sports to the Entertainment Pass on the Currys Now TV Stick offer?

• Advertisement

Baoithin66 wrote: »
    I just cancelled my Sky account-hoping they will come back with a decent offer. Currently have entertainment package with Sports paused. Can you add Sports to the Entertainment Pass on the Currys Now TV Stick offer?

Yes. You can add sports, kids tv

FYI, as most Argos are out of stock of this.

Curry's/PC World have one for €20 with a 2 Month Entertainment or a 2 Month Movie pass.

The entertainment pass gets you Sky TV Entertainment Channels, Live TV plus you can install Netflix & YouTube and run those from one stick.
    There are also other UK channels available subject to sign-up (i have a UK NowTV stick).

Well worth it at this price.

in lidl with the 2 month cinema for 20 as well.

the argos ones with 2 month passes were only 12 but sold out everywhere, got the other one with a month of everything for 15. would have preferred the 2 month entertainment bundle though although i mainly bought this to bring spotify into another room.

givecredit wrote: »
    The argos deal is also with a 2 month pass. Just collected my 2 month movie pass stick for 12 euro.

Ahhhh, i see... the Argos one is a 2 month Entertainment Pass plus a 1 month Cinema Pass... for €12.

That's 3 passes at €4 each plus a free NowTV Stick.
    Bloody marvelous!

Now, although their advertising says that it is a "portable way to get NOW TV on a compatible TV at home or away", i notice that they do not allow a UK registered stick to access NowTV when in Ireland. Third party apps like Netflix etc work OK but NowTV itself does not work without a Smart DNS Proxy.

I assume the same would apply if these Irish registered sticks were to be used in UK or the rest of Europe when on holiday etc.

Not a big deal at this price, but just to note.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Ahhhh, i see... the Argos one is a 2 month Entertainment Pass plus a 1 month Cinema Pass... for €12.

That's 3 passes at €4 each plus a free NowTV Stick.
    Bloody marvelous!

Now, although their advertising says that it is a "portable way to get NOW TV on a compatible TV at home or away", i notice that they do not allow a UK registered stick to access NowTV when in Ireland. Third party apps like Netflix etc work OK but NowTV itself does not work without a Smart DNS Proxy.

I assume the same would apply if these Irish registered sticks were to be used in UK or the rest of Europe when on holiday etc.

No, the argos deal for €12 was 2 months entertainment pass OR 2 months cinema pass. There was also a multi pass one for €15.00. You weren't getting 3 passes for €12.

As for being on holiday, download what you want to watch to a phone or tablet before you go. Then it works fine.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

No, the Argos sticks are the same as those in Currys and elsewhere. You have a choice of sticks with two months entertainment, two months cinema or one month of everything.

The NowTV will work in UK and rest of Europe. Just make sure you activate it in Ireland before you leave.

"As well as watching all over the Republic of Ireland with no restrictions, you can take your NOW TV Passes with you to many European countries too, for up to 30 days at a time. To enjoy roaming with NOW TV outside the Republic of Ireland, you must: Have an Irish payment card registered on your account."

shocksy wrote: »
    No, the argos deal for €12 was 2 months entertainment pass OR 2 months cinema pass. There was also a multi pass one for €15.00. You weren't getting 3 passes for €12.

Aha, then the Argos ad is a bit misleading.
    See attached pic. The product title is for a NowTV stick with 2 months entertainment bundle.

Then the description mentions a 1 month Sky Cinema Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Can you put BBC iplayer on this and a Vpn?

No

• Advertisement

If you order one from the UK, or via amazon, then you get a UK version.
    This will have BBC iplayer etc already installed and can be used via a VPN.
    You will just need to register a BBC iplayer account with a UK address - no big deal.

Advertisement