Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV stick with 2 months pass €12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

corsav6 wrote: »
    Argos selling Now TV stick for €12/€15 with either entertainment pass, movie pass or multi pass, fair deal.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8109082/Trail/searchtext%3ENOW+TV.htm

Great deal. Can anyone see any better than €25 for the sports bundle ? Be handy to have it when soccer is back

https://www.did.ie/now-tv-roi-stick-sports-bundle-black-16738-16738-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

corsav6 wrote: »
    Argos selling Now TV stick for €12/€15 with either entertainment pass, movie pass or multi pass, fair deal.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8109082/Trail/searchtext%3ENOW+TV.htm

Nearly had me with the multi-pass until i realised it was only a week of sports :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Good offer but note.
    Auto renews at €15 per month.

You can cancel at anytime though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cracking deal, you also get access to box sets like Sopranos, The Wire and Game Of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Seems to let you reserve but then says out of stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Can you do anything with these if you don't have a subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Smurts wrote: »
    Seems to let you reserve but then says out of stock

Yes same problem here.

How long of a sports sub do you get with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

What does this give me over my Netflix subscribution?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Seriously lads, read the description in the link and stop clogging up the thread with silly questions

• Advertisement

Seriously lads, read the description in the link and stop clogging up the thread with silly questions
    Where does it say the length of sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Del007 wrote: »
    Can you do anything with these if you don't have a subscription?

Yes. It continues to work on all the All4 box sets, catchup etc - but not live TV - that's a restriction from Ch4, not NowTV.
    The RTE Player, TG4 player and Virgin player all continue to work.

I spend a lot of time watching the Walter Presents channel on All4 which shows foreign series, mainly European, mainly drama.

It's a Roku dongle rebadged. It's a little insensitive for WiFi pickup - you'll need a decent signal in the room, and as it's usually stuck behind the TV a HDMI extender might be useful.

I got mine for Game of Thrones final season last spring (€20 including 2 months Entertainment package), renewed the Entertainment deal for 3 months when I bargained them into a decent deal, but its been running without a NowTV deal since last October I think. That €12 deal is a no brainer. I might just go get one myself, just for the Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I saw these in SuperValu Sundrive the other day at the check-out but they weren't priced. They were gone the next day as well. Maybe they put them out prematurely or moved them to a different part of the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

You can also claim a 2 month entertainment pass is registered with bord gais rewards

https://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/home/now-tv

I have found that you need to cancel in the second month or it will cancel the pass on the on the one month anniversary. I also had an active free pass that came with a pack, bought another pack and it added the next pass to run concurrently. I got the cinema packs as they seem to have a fair collection on them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The last couple of summers, nestle choc bars have had a "competition" to win a month and basically every one wins. Worth keeping an eye out for

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Jesus there website is so bad its like using a windows 95 website

Why cant they have a website like the UK one and an APP for your phone they could increase there sales 10 fold and get rid of them stupid big books they give out!!!

Same as the last posters wont let me order

Seems to be out everywhere.
    Bit sneaky when you go to the page to order and put in phone and email and
    click purchase, it only then tells you "out of stock".
    If you haven't clicked on the box no emails from Argos blah, blah, you will get bombarded.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Seems to be out everywhere.
    Bit sneaky when you go to the page to order and put in phone and email and
    click purchase, it only then tells you "out of stock".
    If you haven't clicked on the box no emails from Argos blah, blah, you will get bombarded.
    Just ordered it in Killarney. Only the one in stock. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

The last couple of summers, nestle choc bars have had a "competition" to win a month and basically every one wins. Worth keeping an eye out for

That promotion isn't running this year. They had it running from around May/June the past 2 years. This year they have a virgin holidays promotion running so can't see them running the NOW TV one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Out of stock?

• Advertisement

iggy wrote: »
    Out of stock?

Yeah it's out of stock everywhere.

Usual sh!te from Argos, never have anything that's on sale in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I reserved mine for Ilac centre tomorrow a couple of hours ago when I spotted the thread (the movie one which is same price as entertainment). Think it was the last in stock mind.

Edit: Just checked also and there's 2 movie passes in stock in Stephens Green shopping centre. Also if you are with bord gais or know someone who is they currently have 2 months entertainment pass for free in their rewards section (credit to another thread I spotted here) so you could get the stick, movies and boxsets for €12 for 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Got 4 in Cork, many thanks OP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

The pass on these is on the stick I presume not a separate card? Anyone know if it will just add another 2 months onto the bord gais 2 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

TriStar6 wrote: »
    The pass on these is on the stick I presume not a separate card? Anyone know if it will just add another 2 months onto the bord gais 2 months?

Correct - Passes are on the stick, not on scratchcards like they used to be.

For anyone looking for more than a week of sport you can get NowTV passes for Sky Sports for €23 pm for six months or BT & Premier Sports for €17 pm or €40 pm combined pass

Had it for six month but didn't renew due to the lack of live sport but will likely reactivate at least until the EPL season wraps up

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Thanks, you wouldn’t happen to know if the embedded pass on the stick will extend an existing pass such as the bord gais one?

Once the pass is activated on the stick and logged into my account, can I make use of the pass on the NowTV app on my phone or is it restricted to just being used on the stick?

What's really frustrating is when you get to the purchase page and it's out of stock, you check another store which shows in stock and then you get "out of stock" when you try to buy it.

Sort it out Argos or people are going to get frustrated with you and you will only just be back in business!

TriStar6 wrote: »
    Thanks, you wouldn’t happen to know if the embedded pass on the stick will extend an existing pass such as the bord gais one?

If you log in and have an active pass then that shouldn't be impacted. Embedded pass doesn't need to be activated straight away AFAIK

• Advertisement

shocksy wrote: »
    Once the pass is activated on the stick and logged into my account, can I make use of the pass on the NowTV app on my phone or is it restricted to just being used on the stick?

That's what I did previously. Shouldn't be a problem

Advertisement