Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Height requirements in dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I will sire barbarians and women warriors of incredible strength and beauty that will ensure the bloodline of the wimmins genetics for millenia.

I'm also partial to walks on the beach. Contact me for further information on pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Are you an American teen? I don't know anyone who speaks like this in real life.

Not cool, bruh. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I'm 5'3" and genuinely couldn't give a **** what height a guy is. It's never been a consideration, maybe because I'm short myself, idk

But would you date a guy SHORTER than you.

Key thing I've noticed with women is that many don't mind a short guy but he still has to be taller than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Desperately seeking tall, skinny-fat ectomorph whose little pot belly protrudes further than his chest regardless. Preferably with his face in the clouds

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Desperately seeking tall, skinny-fat ectomorph whose little pot belly protrudes further than his chest regardless. Preferably with his face in the clouds

alien_1.jpg?itok=ejvDjQ0g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

If i had a euro for the amount of times i've seen charismatic, funny & confident shorter guys with taller women id be rich.. on the flip side i've seen plenty of awkward, good looking and insecure tall guys....alone

The cliche specified requirements on dating sites do not always manifest in reality.

being too tall is no better than being on the short side

if your very tall , it sort of defines you as a person, makes it hard for others to relate to you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

When the jaws open wide
    and there's more jaws inside,
    that's a moray

Height is a key characteristic women find attractive, to say it is a "preference" is disengenuous. Nonetheless even short men can learn to be very good with women. There is a quality called "there's just something about him" that has a powerful affect on women. It's a quality you can develop with the right mindset.

only within reason , once you go beyond a certain height , its a disadvantage , im talking not taller than 6 ft 3 and even that is no advantage as you are a lot taller than most women

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

[insert witty comment about the height of ignorance]

I'm a shade under 5ft but I'm not short. I'm just highly concentrated fabulous.

• Advertisement

When the jaws open wide
    and there's more jaws inside,
    that's a moray

When an eel passes by
    And it touches your thigh
    That's a moray

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Why are people so strict on them? I'm a 5ft 5in man and a woman on Tinder told me I was cute but too short. Said most of her friends feel the same way.

She's definitely not alone as this is a sentiment shared by many women. In fact there was a study that showed the height of a partner is more important for women than men.

What are short men supposed to do?

Why do you always play the victim?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭purifol0

Height requirements are rough OP. There isn't really a way around them online at least. If you lie about about your height by more than an inch and you meet in person, your date is going to immediately see you as a liar and we all know it's not best to start a relationship on a lie.

As for height being a personal preference, this is just bull**** woman say and you shouldn't pay them any attention ever. They will never know the struggle of being a short man, never mind being stuck for a date. Dating apps have given them infinite choice, and they don't even have to write a bio, just not be disgustingly fat and even then they'll still get matches.

Life is not fair but women don't ever admit or even realise that they themselves are the ultimate discriminators. The arbiters of who gets to have sex,intimacy and children. And who doesn't.

Male height is a huge factor. There is a reason guys who are 6 foot 4 put that down in their bio, and the inverse is true for women. Who often write "and I love to wear heels" after listing their height.

Basically it ain't fair but they don't care. Forming a connection in real life is actually easier, just don't expect to pull in a nightclub.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm the same height as you OP. You've just to accept it. I was always good at talking to friends and always felt I needed to be tall to get on with women. However you can do it if you sort of believe in yourself and being confident helped or even pretending to be confident.
    However I have encountered women who have a thing about height. Whilst some were just into it for looks.(My face wouldn't have met there standards anyway). I found what was more common they wanted it for protection and safety. IE They'd need a big man to protect them from things.
    Just in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

purifol0 wrote: »
    Height requirements are rough OP. There isn't really a way around them online at least. If you lie about about your height by more than an inch and you meet in person, your date is going to immediately see you as a liar and we all know it's not best to start a relationship on a lie.

As for height being a personal preference, this is just bull**** woman say and you shouldn't pay them any attention ever. They will never know the struggle of being a short man, never mind being stuck for a date. Dating apps have given them infinite choice, and they don't even have to write a bio, just not be disgustingly fat and even then they'll still get matches.

Life is not fair but women don't ever admit or even realise that they themselves are the ultimate discriminators. The arbiters of who gets to have sex,intimacy and children. And who doesn't.

Male height is a huge factor. There is a reason guys who are 6 foot 4 put that down in their bio, and the inverse is true for women. Who often write "and I love to wear heels" after listing their height.

Basically it ain't fair but they don't care. Forming a connection in real life is actually easier, just don't expect to pull in a nightclub.

Best of luck

Couldn't agree more

Best of luck

Thinly veiled "why even bother" prattle. Victimhood certainly isn't an attractive quality.

Thinly veiled "why even bother" prattle. Victimhood certainly isn't an attractive quality.

Why does the truth bother you so much you have to retort with such vehemence?

As for attractive qualities, being tall is very attractive but those tall tall men didn't have to work to achieve their height. A short man will have to work exceptionally hard to get a fraction of the attention from women which a taller man will get just by virtue of his god given verticality.

I found what was more common they wanted it for protection and safety. IE They'd need a big man to protect them from things.

That's why I studied the blade, mastered the blockchain and cultivated inner strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

kowloon wrote: »
    That's why I studied the blade, mastered the blockchain and cultivated inner strength.

I just got an image there of Michelangelo and his nanchucks.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Why does the truth bother you so much you have to retort with such vehemence?

As for attractive qualities, being tall is very attractive but those tall tall men didn't have to work to achieve their height. A short man will have to work exceptionally hard to get a fraction of the attention from women which a taller man will get just by virtue of his god given verticality.

Absolute nonsense. If people went around defining themselves by their height they'd get nowhere. Just move past it and appreciate the other qualities you have and use those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I wouldn't go out with a woman that is taller than me and I guess ladies are the same. Some ladies would only go out with a guy if they are at least 3-4 inches taller. That's just a preference. I don't get the hullabaloo about it.

I'm 5'6 so I'm obviously ruled out of a lot of ladies automatically, fair enough. I rule out ladies for lots of reasons too. That's the game. You win some, you lose some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

But would you date a guy SHORTER than you.

Key thing I've noticed with women is that many don't mind a short guy but he still has to be taller than her.

How many guys are 5ft 2?That's small even for a girl. I dont think she's going to have much problem with a guy she might happen to like being smaller than her

I just got an image there of Michelangelo and his nanchucks.

I was aiming for something rather different. :D

286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No height requirements here.
    As they say, it's easy to climb a fallen tree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...It's such a disgusting bullying behavior by anyone to look down on someone for their height...

I see what you did there, young-fella-me-Honda-50, and I'm watching you. You are on VERY thin ice, sunshine!!

while in a long term relationship , never once found my height of almost 6ft 5 to be an advantage with the opposite sex , i accept that a guy circa 6 ft 1 or thereabouts might be more desirable to a bloke who was 5 ft 4 but when you tower over most women , all they tend to see is someone who makes them strain their neck , didnt mean i never scored but guys who were less long certainly scored more as they had a better pick

being tall is expensive , extra leg room required on planes , not to mention less comfort in most cars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

bb1234567 wrote: »
    How many guys are 5ft 2?That's small even for a girl. I dont think she's going to have much problem with a guy she might happen to like being smaller than her
    I work with two lads who are about 5'2", one of them being very self-conscious about his height. I'm 6'5", and one day I was on the factory floor talking to the self-conscious one when one of the women shouted, from about 30 metres, "Will you stop picking on that man?!?" (me being the man) and thought she was hilarious. I could sense the embarrassment in the lad.

Anyway, now he's happily engaged to a girl who's an inch or two taller than him so it worked out for him.

I work with two lads who are about 5'2", one of them being very self-conscious about his height. I'm 6'5", and one day I was on the factory floor talking to the self-conscious one when one of the women shouted, from about 30 metres, "Will you stop picking on that man?!?" (me being the man) and thought she was hilarious. I could sense the embarrassment in the lad.

Anyway, now he's happily engaged to a girl who's an inch or two taller than him so it worked out for him.

the " how is the weather up there " jokes dont bother me at all , i joke about my own height to other people but you do get tired of it being brought up all of the time , given the chance id much prefer be 5 ft 11 , there is no advantage to being very tall no matter what anyone outside the NBA tells you and countless disadvantages . add to that , i never found tall girls anymore attractive in the first place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbG05ePWRQE

14minute report on American ABC Network from way back in the day about male height & its effects. Bit of an eye opener, and not at all inconclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

Go to Thailand and buy a wife?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement