Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow me to explain why the 'All Live Matter' hashtag is awful.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

ELM327 wrote: »
    You dont even need to be a white cop. Just a cop.

The movement is a joke. My bowel movement this morning did more for colored people than they are. They (BLM) are a black supremacist group.

The thing is now that cop is gonna have a heightened sense of danger when approaching black people anymore... and they wonder why cops are over the top sometimes, id be over the top aswell if someone was taken shots at my head!

But rather than point out reasons like this they ll just blanket it as a "racist" cop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Two business owners who had just bought this place were on their way to the property when they were confronted but by two antagonists because the owners removed signs from the of their building. The irony of all this is that they are the only ones who are using racial slurs and calling out colour in such a derogatory way....who are fighting for racial injustice ffs. “Those words mean nothing to you?” The threat paired with the ultimatum given would've been enough to send me over the edge. They resort to threatening to bankrupt their business over a them removing paper from their business shows how infantile and uneducated BLM activist and supporters truly are. Racism from from blacks is becoming more and more apparent in the states at the moment with them being documented on video (by themselves too) is only confirming what we already known was there. The BLM nonsense is allowing them to simply act with any responsibility and thats the worrying thing, given half the chance, certain sh*tehole cities in the states would quickly resemble the situation in the south Africa at the moment, being able to act without impunity and attack/slaughter white people.

https://twitter.com/selfdeclaredref/status/1278368822660079616
    https://twitter.com/selfdeclaredref/status/1278369126742921217

Chris DeVries, 37, is a New Hampshire anti-racist activist who organized a BLM "defund the police" protest last month has been arrested & charged w/6 counts of possessing child sex abuse images, falsifying physical evidence & more.

EdEpNGgXgAE1aJq?format=png&name=medium
    img

Well whiy am I not surprised. Fighting racism to feel morally justified for all the degenerate things they do in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The US appears to be heading towards a race war.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Chris DeVries, 37, is a New Hampshire anti-racist activist who organized a BLM "defund the police" protest last month has been arrested & charged w/6 counts of possessing child sex abuse images, falsifying physical evidence & more.

EdEpNGgXgAE1aJq?format=png&name=medium
    img

Well whiy am I not surprised. Fighting racism to feel morally justified for all the degenerate things they do in their lives.

Appeals to control freaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The US appears to be heading towards a race war.

That a lot of blacks have no interest in...it's being supported in the main by white liberals it seems!!!

I think the Democratic party has lost control of the black vote, defunding inner city police is political suicide!!!

Crime is surging in certain US cities....law abiding blacks won't stand for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Tony EH wrote: »
    The Germans in general, and the nazis, simply didn't view blacks in any different light that than the rest of Europe, or most of the world for that matter. They were just "lesser" people, in much the same way as the average British or French person would have seen them.

This is completely wrong, they treated them as circus freaks, there are Nazi videos showing the captured Black soldiers and they were being paraded as sub humans as they were laughed at. Throw eugenics into the mix and it was a real **** show.

Do you remember NYPD Chief Terence Monahan who took a knee and was BLM'ish last month ?

0bb0e8557d7a9f27431ba5b59f707999?width=650
    img

yeah well he got a good shock today at the blm protests today in NYC

EdB2GPeX0AAPq3d?format=jpg&name=small
    Img

That a lot of blacks have no interest in...it's being supported in the main by white liberals it seems!!!

There's a danger in passing this off on to white liberals. While many black people have no interest in this, a lot more do have their own interests in it. It's best to keep in mind where this all came from....

There's too much effort in pushing everything negative on to white people. White police officers (the black police are ignored), the white government officials (the black ones are ignored), the white activists (the blacks are generally excused), and the white liberals....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

There's a danger in passing this off on to white liberals. While many black people have no interest in this, a lot more do have their own interests in it. It's best to keep in mind where this all came from....

There's too much effort in pushing everything negative on to white people. White police officers (the black police are ignored), the white government officials (the black ones are ignored), the white activists (the blacks are generally excused), and the white liberals....

I think it is the Democratic Party that is driving the protests in an attempt to rescue the black vote, they are empowering the more extreme elements of the black community and taking some extreme positions because if they lose more than 15% of the black vote they are in difficulty....and they have had such a grip on that demographic they are in real long term danger.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-report-reveals-demographics-of-black-lives-matter-protesters-shows-vast-majority-are-white-marched-within-their-own-cities-301079234.html

And even though our media outlets won't inform us of the fact that the current President has been the most effective President for the black community in the US in a long time the locals, the black community have felt it...the Democrats know this, they feel it on the streets.

Again, you won't get this from the media, but the Democrats are in trouble...I don't just mean in this upcoming election, I mean in trouble like the UK Labour Party kind of trouble...they are being torn apart by identity politics, you have elected members of the party in the US advocating for tearing down the entire system!!!...it's why the best they could do was Joe Biden!!!

Just my take, when it comes to hysteria like BLM, all is never what it seems!!

• Advertisement

.it's why the best they could do was Joe Biden!!!

That's pretty much been the case since Bush Jnr came along. There haven't been any really strong candidates to catch the attention of the voters, so they end up reacting to who went before...

TBH I tend to avoid the actual politics within the US. I just don't have any interest, since it just seems to be a game of smoke and mirrors to me.
    Just my take, when it comes to hysteria like BLM, all is never what it seems!!

Nothing in the US is ever just what it seems. I'm not looking at BLM or the current situation from a political angle, since I feel the politics is currently mostly redundant. Events are happening outside of the political arena, and has been since before Obama. That can be seen by the complete lack of confidence that most Americans have about the ability of the government or leadership to do their jobs... A lack of confidence that hasn't improved in over a decade.

TBH I tend to avoid the actual politics within the US. I just don't have any interest, since it just seems to be a game of smoke and mirrors to me.

Myself and the missus were over there last October. We were in California and neither of us could believe how much talk went on regarding Republicans and Democrats, and I don't mean just on the telly. You couldn't have a conversation with anybody about anything without someone bringing either of those up. It's not remotely like that here. We can easily have a talk about football, shopping, work etc. without mentioning FF or FG. The missus couldn't believe it.

Myself and the missus were over there last October. We were in California and neither of us could believe how much talk went on regarding Republicans and Democrats, and I don't mean just on the telly. You couldn't have a conversation with anybody about anything without someone bringing either of those up. It's not remotely like that here. We can easily have a talk about football, shopping, work etc. without mentioning FF or FG. The missus couldn't believe it.

No, I get that. I have American friends, and I've listened to them talk together... everything is connected to the Party politics... but.. i never feel it ever leads to anything. It's simply a constant association.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

I can barely have a conversation with an Irish person in Ireland without the topic of Donald Trump coming up, so I can only imagine what it is like there.

Invidious wrote: »
    I can barely have a conversation with an Irish person in Ireland without the topic of Donald Trump coming up, so I can only imagine what it is like there.

The majority of Californians think Trump is the Antichrist but he's much more popular in the States than the media here lead us to believe.

And as for the media over there, both can report on the exact same story but throw a totally different spin on it depending on who they support. They are a million miles away from being neutral. They don't tell people the news any more, they tell people what to think about the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

The majority of Californians think Trump is the Antichrist but he's much more popular in the States than the media here lead us to believe.

And as for the media over there, both can report on the exact same story but throw a totally different spin on it depending on who they support. They are a million miles away from being neutral. They don't tell people the news any more, they tell people what to think about the news.

Agreed. But the Irish media is really no different from the US liberal media in their attitude towards US politics. They take the stance that everything the Republicans say/do is wrong while everything the Democrats say/do is right. The only difference is that Ireland has no media representing an opposing viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

All Live Matter would be a more real statement to be making about racism, equality in jobs education health and social injustices. Making the case for one particular race will only make a bigger issue.
    All people of all races and religions need to stand together then you will get equality.
    The oldest trick in the book is to have brother fighting brother.

I had the same experience when I was in California a couple of months before Trump was elected. Everyone would ask what were people on this side of the water thinking about it all. I said we all thought it was hilarious that he was running :D

I did ask was there others they could vote for and was told there was but it would be a wasted vote. Don’t they realise that change doesn’t happen overnight? It’s a strange setup that’s for sure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Cornelius Fredericks.

Black Live Matter.

iamstop wrote: »
    Cornelius Fredericks.

Black Live Matter.

It's disturbing that a 16 y/o life can be snuffed out and be treated in the way he was for throwing a sandwich. Dirtbag.

VY5OROY24RFYVJHFLACJDDANEY.png
    img

Heather Newton McLogan, 48: charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter and one count of second-degree child abuse. & Michael Joshua Mosley, 47: charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter and two counts of second-degree child abuse.

Zachary Solis: charged with involuntary manslaughter and child abuse charges

CDTEI5IU5JF2VDAUUSFJK2GT5U.png
    img

Source & Source

• Advertisement

Im sorry, but how can anyone have faith in Mayor Lightfoot after this sh*te. the urban metropolis of Chicago is hardly well known for its cowboys or culture. It's hardly a shout out to their slaughter yards which makes no sense. and where the f*ck is batman, when is that batman going appear ......

https://twitter.com/BethLynch2020/status/1282782087666438144

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BarbBrooklyn

While I can't explain it as eloquently as others have, here's a simpler one... when you hear someone say "Save the rainforest", do you think they mean "**** all of the other trees"? When you see a bumper sticker that says "watch for motorcycles", do you think they mean "ignore everything else on the road"?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

While I can't explain it as eloquently as others have, here's a simpler one... when you hear someone say "Save the rainforest", do you think they mean "**** all of the other trees"? When you see a bumper sticker that says "watch for motorcycles", do you think they mean "ignore everything else on the road"?

yeah...except the people claiming 'save the rainforest' rarely go around burning flowerbeds or stealing Christmas trees to make their point.

Im sorry, but how can anyone have faith in Mayor Lightfoot after this sh*te. the urban metropolis of Chicago is hardly well known for its cowboys or culture. It's hardly a shout out to their slaughter yards which makes no sense. and where the f*ck is batman, when is that batman going appear ......

https://twitter.com/BethLynch2020/status/1282782087666438144

Known world wide for its gun fights.

It's often pointed out but not appreciated by all how violent Black Chicagoans communities are.

Near same rate of population as Cork County but heading for 700 shot dead this year and near 5000 Injured by shots.

It's at such a scale that their should be armed National Guards in every corner block.

It would save countless lives but in the very nice suburbs where the activists live the outrage would be enormous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Danzy wrote: »
    Known world wide for its gun fights.

It's often pointed out but not appreciated by all how violent Black Chicagoans communities are.

Near same rate of population as Cork County but heading for 700 shot dead this year and near 5000 Injured by shots.

It's at such a scale that their should be armed National Guards in every corner block.

It would save countless lives but in the very nice suburbs where the activists live the outrage would be enormous.
    Ah, yes. Because Chicago is a bastion of good social programs, good education, culture and amazing urban renewal. Parts of Chicago are so neglected they genuinely look like parts of war torn countries. What.a lot of activists are looking for in addition to less force by police officers are better education systems, a fairer spread of taxpayer money towards education, social programs and rejuvenation of the "ghettos" of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Ah, yes. Because Chicago is a bastion of good social programs, good education, culture and amazing urban renewal. Parts of Chicago are so neglected they genuinely look like parts of war torn countries. What.a lot of activists are looking for in addition to less force by police officers are better education systems, a fairer spread of taxpayer money towards education, social programs and rejuvenation of the "ghettos" of the city.

It’s a majority black ran and populated city. Hard to blame whitey on all its issues.

The majority of Chicago’s politicians, police and residents are black.

Chicago has problems but the key difference is that the culture and values of the African American community are so toxic and self destructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Danzy wrote: »
    Chicago has problems but the key difference is that the culture and values of the African American community are so toxic and self destructive.
    Thats nonsense. Why are these high crime communities mostly black? Why are the relatively safe Chicago neighbourhoods mostly white? Its because of everything I mentioned above. The lack of access to good primary and secondary education. The lack of good social programmes or hell, even a good social safety net. The lack of culture and the dilapidated placed they live because they or their families can't afford to live anywhere else. All of that is enough for gangs to entice young men to become gang members and either be murdered or jail for the promise of riches they will probably never see.

Crime doesn't just happen..it takes massive inaction for it to happen at that scale.

Thats nonsense. Why are these high crime communities mostly black? Why are the relatively safe Chicago neighbourhoods mostly white? Its because of everything I mentioned above. The lack of access to good primary and secondary education. The lack of good social programmes or hell, even a good social safety net. The lack of culture and the dilapidated placed they live because they or their families can't afford to live anywhere else. All of that is enough for gangs to entice young men to become gang members and either be murdered or jail for the promise of riches they will probably never see.

Crime doesn't just happen..it takes massive inaction for it to happen at that scale.

Poverty is not confined to one group, urban mismanagement, failed educational systems etc also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

There's also an incontrovertible link between African American family structures, poor educational outcomes and crime.

Chronic neglect at an official level is often highlighted by academics, NGO's and media (rightly so). What you don't tend to hear is the fact that cultural aspects particular to the Black community serve to compound their problems and render the fix inordinately more complex than throwing money into Sunday schools and community boxing clubs.

Advertisement