Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angry men on the Internet.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

That’s the “origin” of the term, alright, but not all involuntary celibates are “incels”. It really only applies to the ones who, really, hate women. Like on here.

It’s the same with the term “neckbeard”, you can get some young lads with the affliction of a weak moustache and bald, ruddy, cheeks who don’t play computer games or have an unhealthy obsession with Japanese cartoons.

I guess it’s easier explain with the old “adage”: it’s not the size of the fedora that counts, it’s how you tip it.

But with the “incels” it would be more a case of: it’s not the lack of attractiveness, or a healthy sex life, that counts, it’s how you rage and wail online against women and, normal, lads.

This is interesting.

I always thought an "incel" was a male who couldn't attract enough female attention to develop the possibility of having sexual intercourse.

Fascinating.....as Spock would say.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an internet veteranet. I was writing code to develop screensavers for Apple Mac when most on here were mere sperm. But I'm puzzled .

Help needed for a mangy ZORK and Kermit lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I think big-platform algorithms have a lot to do with creating 'communities' of people that might not be too good for their members' psychological well-being.

Sometimes when you read posts you can sense their authors are channelling Paul Joseph Watson, that Sargon guy, Ben Shapiro, and other assorted reactionaries.

I'm kinda old-school, I believe in burying emotions for decades until you blow a vein, or ventricle, and collapse into a heap of lifeless blubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

That poster seems to think that anyone he disagrees with is angry, and any criticism of women is mysogynistic.

I only wish to have a horse so high to ride in on when I get my white knighthood.

I love this tik tok can't find the actual link to the video now but it completely epitomises After Hours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/niceguys/comments/expfh0/found_this_just_scrolling_through_tiktok/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I love this tik tok can't find the actual link to the video now but it completely epitomises After Hours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/niceguys/comments/expfh0/found_this_just_scrolling_through_tiktok/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

That is bloody hilarious! And incredibly “accurate”. Excellent contribution.

The tide is turning…

Advertisement