Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Madeleine McCann

13567164

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65


    I hope nothing ever happens to them when you're out having dinner like it did with the McCanns.

    Oh I just leave her here at home alone when we go out to dinner. I wouldn’t dream of bringing her with me, she never stops moaning.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue


    splinter65 wrote: »
    The German police think they may have a very serious lead in the case. Is that not good news?

    Excellent news. It won’t stop people continuing to try to pin it on the parents though. In fact, I imagine even with a full confession and admittance of guilt from the suspect there will still be people saying the McCann’s were involved.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts


    ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I can't even begin to imagine what she has been subjected to if she is alive. Honestly I'm not sure that would be preferable to the alternative.

    Well, I don’t know. Elisabeth Fritzl (and her children) and Natascha Kampusch and Jaycee Dugard might be very happy to be alive. I don’t know them so can’t say that with any certainty but you just never know. I doubt McCann is alive but if she is, depending on the conditions she was held in, she might be able to cope with being released.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65


    SusieBlue wrote: »
    Excellent news. It won’t stop people continuing to try to pin it on the parents though. In fact, I imagine even with a full confession and admittance of guilt from the suspect there will still be people saying the McCann’s were involved.

    Yes. Once people buy into the conspiracy theory on any subject it’s very hard for them to accept the truth when it’s finally proven.
    Your asking people to accept that they were wrong, sometimes for many years, about something regarding which they were utterly convinced, even when presented with mounting evidence.
    Myths that they swallowed hook line and sinker willingly at the time have been debunked over the years but they put their fingers in their ears and shout rhubarb rhubarb till it goes away.
    People confuse their feelings and opinions with facts too.

    Add to that the lynch mob buzz some people seem to enjoy and a good big helping of stupidity and here’s where you end up.
    How long will it be before someone mentions
    A. The 40 questions and
    B. The shutters.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287


    My brother in Germany said German TV are saying they have serious evidence but can’t disclose it. This is the first of the “suspects” that has gotten this sort of seriousness about them I think.

    They must have something big alright

    Very strange giving out phone numbers and cars regs

    They must want a little more evidence to pin them/put heat on

    Think this it

    Always wanted 2 answers before I went

    Are we alone

    What happened Madeline


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Needs Must


    Was this chap considered before as a suspect or how did they come across him all these years later


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3


    splinter65 wrote: »
    Why wouldn’t they have custody of their twins?!?


    You'll have to ask the dogs that.......;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole


    Do a lie detector test on the prisoner and a lie detector test on the parents, do it live on prime time tv.
    Lie detector test or polygraphs are bunk science. There is no credible evidence that they can correctly tell if a human is lying.

    Do your research.

    In this case I was of the opinion that the parents covered up her accidental death but this lead seems to fit. Hopefully a full confession is gained. Tragic all round. I remember this case on the news like it was yesterday. Horrible.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65


    washman3 wrote: »
    You'll have to ask the dogs that.......;)

    Oh yes the dogs. The dogs don’t lie.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65


    Lie detector test or polygraphs are bunk science. There is no credible evidence that they can correctly tell if a human is lying.

    Do your research.

    In this case I was of the opinion that the parents covered up her accidental death but this lead seems to fit. Hopefully a full confession is gained. Tragic all round. I remember this case on the news like it was yesterday. Horrible.


    But people saw lie detectors on CSI Miami so it must be evidence.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3


    splinter65 wrote: »
    Oh yes the dogs. The dogs don’t lie.


    Only when it suits a particular agenda.....


  • Registered Users Posts: 35,124 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde


    SUch a weird case. And time is no friend for solving it. Could have been solved in first 2 days with a little bit of cop on.

    The parents needed to be accompanied 24/7 ie watched. The travels of Gerry for miles in his hire car, wtf. The dogs who signalled the smell of death in this boot of that car.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me


    Is it possible there is a connection between the Mccanns and this German fella. Or is that known either way?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287


    Needs Must wrote: »
    Was this chap considered before as a suspect or how did they come across him all these years later

    Good read it on it here

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/madeleine-mccann-detectives-closing-in-on-new-lead-in-portugal-disappearance


  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lockheed


    2u2me wrote: »
    They are mentioning a car and a van.

    What person, knowing that they owned a vehicle registered to them which may be implicated in a murder, would not right away destroy the vehicle and all evidence relating to it? I don't get how they're only finding this evidence now. I think its spin


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me


    Lockheed wrote: »
    What person, knowing that they owned a vehicle registered to them which may be implicated in a murder, would not right away destroy the vehicle and all evidence relating to it? I don't get how they're only finding this evidence now. I think its spin

    "But Portuguese authorities say it is more likely a second suspect they are investigating—an alleged accomplice of Ney—will prove more useful."
    That dailybeast article linked earlier.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65


    2u2me wrote: »
    Is it possible there is a connection between the Mccanns and this German fella. Or is that known either way?

    No. What’s your thinking on this one?


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65


    Lockheed wrote: »
    What person, knowing that they owned a vehicle registered to them which may be implicated in a murder, would not right away destroy the vehicle and all evidence relating to it? I don't get how they're only finding this evidence now. I think its spin

    Why would the Germans be spinning?


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65


    SUch a weird case. And time is no friend for solving it. Could have been solved in first 2 days with a little bit of cop on.

    The parents needed to be accompanied 24/7 ie watched. The travels of Gerry for miles in his hire car, wtf. The dogs who signalled the smell of death in this boot of that car.
    The parents were accompanied 24/7 for about 6 weeks.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me


    splinter65 wrote: »
    No. What’s your thinking on this one?

    No idea! Just reading everything being said, complete speculation. The weird smiling of Gerry at in appropriate times has always left me asking questions.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65


    2u2me wrote: »
    No idea! Just reading everything being said, complete speculation.

    Would you not think that if there was a connection between this guy and the McCanns that it would have been uncovered by now? What kind of questions do someone’s facial expressions cause you to have?


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Strumms


    The parents, left two two year olds and a three year old, asleep and alone, in a ground floor apartment, in a public holiday block of apartments while they went to the restaurant with friends...

    If I’m a friend I’m thinking that’s fücking weird and irresponsible.. to the point where I’d even be questioning it, to the point where I’m saying...

    “hey just so you guys aren’t worrying why don’t one of us take a rain check on food, sit in with your kids, you can relax, eat with the others, not be worrying about the clock and the kids and get back when you like, we don’t know the lye of the land round here but this way you get to relax and the kids are being watched and you guys don’t have to be getting up constantly and worrying”. 99% of people would accept that offer.

    The weird thing is, Kate and Gerry McCann are intelligent people. You cannot become a doctor and not be. They will in their careers especially when learning their trade , been placed in a&e, been taught about abuse, and various psychological parameters and behaviors of people who are of the mind to carry out abductions , sexual crimes on children etc...would or could they BOTH be that careless ? It just seems strange, very strange that on the face of it that ‘caring’, ‘professional’ and ‘intelligent’ people would just fûck off with their mates for a couple of hours, leaving their kids unsupervised in a ground floor location, 2 year old twins and a 3 year old, alone, in a ground floor apartment.... that’s FÛCKING NUTS... no parent would do that, NOBODY.

    They were doctors, smart, intelligent people... it’s the weirdest story ever... the most bizarre unsolved crime that may end up just remaining unsolved unless her body is discovered or a deathbed confession from whichever psychopath is responsible.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue


    SUch a weird case. And time is no friend for solving it. Could have been solved in first 2 days with a little bit of cop on.

    The parents needed to be accompanied 24/7 ie watched. The travels of Gerry for miles in his hire car, wtf. The dogs who signalled the smell of death in this boot of that car.

    In fairness Sky News among a myriad of other international media were outside their apartment within hours of Madeleine disappearing. Their every move was followed, analysed, and reported on.

    If they had done anything remotely suspicious I’m sure it would have been immediately picked up one by the press who wouldn’t give them a minutes peace until they left Portugal a few months later.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me


    splinter65 wrote: »
    Would you not think that if there was a connection between this guy and the McCanns that it would have been uncovered by now? What kind of questions do someone’s facial expressions cause you to have?

    Why are you so interested in me asking a question? There's new evidence coming to light even now, so I don't see your point.

    Have you ever heard of duping delight?


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,044 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious


    2u2me wrote:
    Is it possible there is a connection between the Mccanns and this German fella. Or is that known either way?

    Sounds like grasping at straws.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me


    spurious wrote: »
    Sounds like grasping at straws.

    Look like you got that wrong.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65


    2u2me wrote: »
    Look like you got that wrong.
    The only person got anything wrong is you.
    Be honest. The German police say they almost have enough evidence to charge this guy with the abduction of the little girl.
    You’re going to find it impossible to accept that you’ve been absolutely wrong about this case for years. You’ve swallowed all the rubbish and spouted your meaningless amateur psychological theories at anyone who will listen.
    Looks like Maddie was abducted like her parents always said she was.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Are they looking for the owner of the second telephone number as they are a witness or a suspect?


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,887 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    This is beyond bizzare, are we to believe this suspect has just appeared out of nowhere. It either gross incompetence on behalf of those investigating or just clutching at straws. I doubt any investigation ever has had so much resources put into it. It just seems extraordinary that after all this time a new suspect has been found.

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Advertisement
  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    I think news reports said new information was presented after the ten year anniversary appeal in 2017. They must have been working on it since then to have the intel on phone numbers, geo locations, duration of call, the vehicles and where they are now.


Advertisement