Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming the Trouserless.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Wallace and himself would be similar. They both look like they got dressed in the dark using clothes they found in a skip behind a charity shop.

Yea I know, and PeeWee Flynn looked like he was dressed every morning by Louis Copeland - didn't make him any less of a slimy cunt though, did it?

Lads like you are too focused on optics when it's substance you should be after - now just to be clear before you accuse me of being a fan of theirs - I am in no way saying Ming or Wallace have any substance themselves. I just don't judge them solely on how they look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

christy c wrote: »
    It's good that you are not claiming high ground because you don't have any. You've posted plenty of sh1te including in this thread and whether you regret it or not is irrelevant.

Fair enough. Take whatever view you like. Like I said, very few regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yea I know, and PeeWee Flynn looked like he was dressed every morning by Louis Copeland - didn't make him any less of a slimy cunt though, did it?

Lads like you are too focused on optics when it's substance you should be after - now just to be clear before you accuse me of being a fan of theirs - I am in no way saying Ming or Wallace have any substance themselves. I just don't judge them solely on how they look.

It does matter though. Ming looks like the sort of lad who would run a struggling vape shop in Roscommon town. Not a politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

This actually rather funny. My SIL would call it 'morto'. And more of it next time he bumps into her.

It does matter though. Ming looks like the sort of lad who would run a struggling vape shop in Roscommon town. Not a politician.

You don't get to decide what a politician looks like, the electorate does. You live in a democracy, learn to live with it.

• Advertisement

Does it? Why?? :confused:

Tell me then, what should a politician look like? A cartoon character? - like Trump or Johnson? Or a hardy bastard - like Putin??

(Ignoring the fact that what someone looks like is an entirely subjective construct)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

He'll probably get re-elected in 2024 for a 3rd term if he wants it. Especially since Matt Carthy and Mairead McGuinness quit as MEPs and were replaced by 2 lads who have a pretty low profile. Maria Walsh is the other MEP too.

Tell me then, what should a politician look like? A cartoon character? - like Trump or Johnson? Or a hardy bastard - like Putin??

(Ignoring the fact that what someone looks like is an entirely subjective construct)

He can't tell you because he harbours deep prejudices about lots of people, even leaving poltical figures aside. But watch the crib if someone as so much as has a critical word about a member of you know which party.

If you don't, look, think sound and act like JohnnySpice and you're a public figure you'll find yourself the subject of one of his posts and he'll have plenty to say in an oh so not angry way.

I believe politicians should be subject to a business formal dress code, like would be expected in many other professions. You have young civil servants on Kildare Street on less than 30k a year who are expected to wear a suit, shirt and tie, while 'too cool for school' dudes like Ming, Richard Boyd Barrett, and Gino '10 Spot' Kenny used to turn up looking like they didn't get a bed in a hostel the night before.

That auld thing might appeal to some folks, but it doesn't make it right.

Ming wasn't even bothered to put on trousers before turning up for work representing Ireland in the EU parliament. It's slacker behaviour. Nothing cool, edgy, or 'stickin' it to the man' about it. Just lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

arlene moster strap-on strawberry jam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I believe politicians should be subject to a business formal dress code, like would be expected in many other professions. You have young civil servants on Kildare Street on less than 30k a year who are expected to wear a suit, shirt and tie, while 'too cool for school' dudes like Ming, Richard Boyd Barrett, and Gino '10 Spot' Kenny used to turn up looking like they didn't get a bed in a hostel the night before.

Ming wasn't even bothered to put on trousers before turning up for work representing Ireland in the EU parliament. It's slacker behaviour. Nothing cool, edgy, or 'stickin' it to the man' about it. Just lazy.

Same goes for Bono, he turns up at extremely formal meetings about third world debt in leather trousers and wrap-around shades, while everyone else there is wearing a 3 piece.
    Absolute knob.

Guess that leaves the likes of rolled-up sleeves Murphy with unkempt beard in the Ming bracket.

JFK left the WASP poltical class of the US aghast when he was the first American president not to wear a top-hat to his inauguration. JohnnySpice would have dropped his monacle in his cognac I'm sure. This is all about his prejudices and attack dog poltitics.

As for young civil servants and ties and full suits. They are absolutely not required and you'd have a job enforcing it. Pure bunk.

The only lazy things here are your views, Dude. You don't decide what's "right"

It's a fairly shitty pair of glasses you view the world with tbh dude, all style, no substance - unable to see past a flashy suit or a bit of long hair. Honestly, it paints an awful picture into how your opinions are formed - and instantly removes any weight from them.

Have a look at yourself and what you are saying, you come across like the infamous corkman ranting about fambley valdues before the gay marriage referendum. Now that I think of it - he was dressed nice though, maybe he had a point?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Wombatman wrote: »

Ulster says No!!

• Men in suits and freshly polished suits have done far more damage to this world than a stoner in a pair of boxers ever could.

Men in suits and freshly polished suits have done far more damage to this world than a stoner in a pair of boxers ever could.

If johnny was a tree, you could bet your last dollar he would vote for the axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Men in suits and freshly polished suits have done far more damage to this world than a stoner in a pair of boxers ever could.

A stoner in a pair of boxers like Ming has done nothing for anyone, except whine and moan and embarrass the country.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Not claiming any high-ground, I take my cards from mods when I get them without complaints and I regret very few of my posts. But I feel very amused when FG online zealots* (accurate nomenclature to be fair) engage in pearl clutching about online behaviour when you see some of the grot they're posting in this very thread and others. There are no lows they won't stoop to and when they get chirped back at their knees start knocking and they cry foul. Even the fact this thread is the brainchild of an extremely intolerant FG poster who uses any pretext to attack dog any public figure he sees fit.

*Yes there are obvious multiple account posters descending on threads. Up to the mods, but they could do a better job of looking into this.

I know, and I sympathise, it is terrible the way that SFOS operate, isn't it?:D

Seriously, the last poster with delusions of organised FG activity on here got laughed out of town when a hilarious prank was played on him leading to a classic Feedback thread.

blanch152 wrote: »
    A stoner in a pair of boxers like Ming has done nothing for anyone, except whine and moan and embarrass the country.

Sounds good to me, I'd have that over a lad in a suit fleecing us... wouldn't you?

There's an air of British-ness about those type of views - Like all the working class brits with 3 lions on their shirts voting in a bunch of Eton-Schooled Aristocrats to rule them - because they see them as their "better"

Imagine looking at the likes of Ray Burke and thinking - "Yea, he's better than me, he wears nice clothes"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The crowd that sent Ming to Brussels were most likely the same that voted to send Dustin the turkey to the eurovision.

• Advertisement

At 10:47, this was posted:
    The evidence would firmly point to Fine Gael on the struggling for solutions front.

Followed by this one at 11:12
    I'd agree only for the usual FG online Tory Boy commando unit taking it as some sort of opportunity to dribble all over the thread with their nonsense.

Saoirse seems not all that bothered which probably adds to their blood pressure.

I can't wait for the next FG sexual indescration to break to be honest. JohnnySpice's head may finally pop like it's been threatening to.

Finally, this one at 12:05
    Not claiming any high-ground, I take my cards from mods when I get them without complaints and I regret very few of my posts. But I feel very amused when FG online zealots* (accurate nomenclature to be fair) engage in pearl clutching about online behaviour when you see some of the grot they're posting in this very thread and others. There are no lows they won't stoop to and when they get chirped back at their knees start knocking and they cry foul. Even the fact this thread is the brainchild of an extremely intolerant FG poster who uses any pretext to attack dog any public figure he sees fit.

*Yes there are obvious multiple account posters descending on threads. Up to the mods, but they could do a better job of looking into this.

As amusing a collection of ironic posts as I have seen on here.

Posts about Fine Gael, complains then about people posting about Fine Gael, before an almost incomprehensible rant about people posting about Fine Gael, and regretting none of it. I needed a lunchtime laugh after the morning I had, so thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

While I’m in favour of some level of “dress code” in the Dail, Ming’s “get up” certainly ranks higher than Wallace’s sleeveless number and that yellow thing Bertie wore. Granted, that wasn’t worn in the Dail, itself.

I think a shirt, or smart jumper, is the least we should expect from the male members and, maybe, no bare shoulders, or anything too “low cut”, for the women.

The reason being is that you don’t want to open the door to someone like Nathan Carter, or one of those country & western types, turning up sporting a Stetson hat, bolo tie and a “Nudie” suit.

Or, worse still, the type of “character” who thinks nothing of entering the Dail chamber in a pair of those, dreadful, jean shorts.

There has to be a “limit”. Just has to be.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

blanch152 wrote: »
    At 10:47, this was posted:

Followed by this one at 11:12

Finally, this one at 12:05

As amusing a collection of ironic posts as I have seen on here.

Posts about Fine Gael, complains then about people posting about Fine Gael, before an almost incomprehensible rant about people posting about Fine Gael, and regretting none of it. I needed a lunchtime laugh after the morning I had, so thanks for that.

I doubt you took those posts that well blanch, because we all know they referred to your sort of behaviour and they're completely on the money.

Your clubhouse of blue tinged winged monkeys turning every political thread into an anyone outside of FG bashfest is not as popular as you think.

Your delicate sensibilities have been noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Why is this thread so active. Ming is a useless flake. So he made a comment about someone who chose to have her photo taken in the pursuit of publicity or the thrill or whatever. She was probably disappointed no-one else commented. In fact I'd say she was hoping for a "down with this sort of thing" comment so she could bleat about how free and liberated she is but ended up with just poor old Ming.

I doubt you took those posts that well blanch, because we all know they referred to your sort of behaviour and they're completely on the money.

Your clubhouse of blue tinged winged monkeys turning every political thread into an anyone outside of FG bashfest is not as popular as you think.

Your delicate sensibilities have been noted.

Brilliant turn of phrase, thanks again for the laugh. Will use that the next time one of the many Shinners on here get on my nerves. A clubhouse of green-tinged winged monkeys!!! I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Saying he was hacked is pathetic in my opinion. Does anyone actually believe him

While I’m in favour of some level of “dress code” in the Dail, Ming’s “get up” certainly ranks higher than Wallace’s sleeveless number and that yellow thing Bertie wore. Granted, that wasn’t worn in the Dail, itself.

I think a shirt, or smart jumper, is the least we should expect from the male members and, maybe, no bare shoulders, or anything too “low cut”, for the women.

The reason being is that you don’t want to open the door to someone like Nathan Carter, or one of those country & western types, turning up sporting a Stetson hat, bolo tie and a “Nudie” suit.

Or, worse still, the type of “character” who thinks nothing of entering the Dail chamber in a pair of those, dreadful, jean shorts.

There has to be a “limit”. Just has to be.

Richard BB already turns up wearing bootcut jeans. We’ve already crossed the fashion Rubicon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭randd1

There has to be a “limit”. Just has to be*.

Bollocks to that.

I want to see lads turning up in an astronaut suit to give a budget.
    I want to see a female member give a speech in a itsy bitsy, teeny went, yellow polka dot bikini.
    I want to see Micheal and Leo turn up in the suits Harry and Lloyd turned up in at the charity dinner in Dumb & Dumber.
    I want to see someone giving a speech about speeding while dressed up in a tron suit complete with full neon light outlines.
    I want to see the minister of education turn up with a leather jacket with suede patches on the elbows and a two foot wide bow tie.
    I want so see an annual hairy chest day in the Dail. The woman can participate if they like.
    I want to see mullets, mohawks, cornrows, dreads and afro's on show.
    I want to see total disasters on show like and Hawaiian shirt, black slacks and wellies combo from a rural TD just in from a farm.

It would at least liven up Oireachtas Report for a few minutes,

* Obviously this post is in jest. Your idea is probably better in grand scheme of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Wombatman wrote: »

Yes caller, tell me more ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think what disappoints me most is the blunt realisation that behind the hip persona of a dope smoking tree hugging sympathiser, who dresses like an extra working in Ardmore studios.... we are left with the ugly reality that we are paying 6 figure salaries to degenerate sex addicts who have nothing better to do of a Sunday night but get twisted, neck magic mushrooms and knock one out to unassuming feminine cis patriarchs caught up in a political minefield.

Advertisement