Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming the Trouserless.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

Kilboor wrote: »
    Saying he was hacked is pathetic in my opinion. Does anyone actually believe him

Remember when he had his penalty points deleted and was caught he said it was done without his knowledge.

Exactly like the old conservative politicians he purports to stand counter point to.
    Deny, deny, deny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think what disappoints me most is the blunt realisation that behind the hip persona of a dope smoking tree hugging sympathiser, who dresses like an extra working in Ardmore studios.... we are left with the ugly reality that we are paying 6 figure salaries to degenerate sex addicts who have nothing better to do of a Sunday night but get twisted, neck magic mushrooms and knock one out to unassuming feminine cis patriarchs caught up in a political minefield.

True but harmless. There are much more damaging and sinister forces on the political landscape than poor old Ming

Can we call this "arsegate" yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Truthvader wrote: »
    True but harmless. There are much more damaging and sinister forces on the political landscape than poor old Ming

He is a harmless auld sort. Most people are being tongue-in-cheek about Ming’s cock-in-hand mishap. It’s a bit of light comic relief. Nothing sinister about him. You couldn’t say that about some other Irish politicians that we can discuss in other threads.

I wonder is he getting the old silent treatment at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yurt! wrote: »
    I'd agree only for the usual FG online Tory Boy commando unit taking it as some sort of opportunity to dribble all over the thread with their nonsense.

Saoirse seems not all that bothered which probably adds to their blood pressure.

I can't wait for the next FG sexual indescration to break to be honest. JohnnySpice's head may finally pop like it's been threatening to.

WTF!!!???

You started all this nonsense!!

Ah jaysus...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Naaaaaagh, I had his back over the Gestapo flag nonsense. I actually can manage his hipsterness, he has a human right to be a self-rightous chunt, in fact we all do.

But lots of TD's had a **** over something spurious last weekend and managed to get away with it?

This has become a competency issue imo.

It is sloppy behaviour all in all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

As for young civil servants and ties and full suits. They are absolutely not required and you'd have a job enforcing it. Pure bunk.

I personally know several civil servants on Kildare Street who are fully suited and booted at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

WTF!!!???

You started all this nonsense!!

Ah jaysus...

I supposed it's a mere coincidence ye're all congregated here doing as much tugging as Ming was Sunday night. Like moths to a lighbulb.

Poor jingle, diddums.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I supposed it's a mere coincidence ye're all congregated here doing as much tugging as Ming was Sunday night. Like moths to a lighbulb.

Poor jingle, diddums.
    What do you expect, you're making it too easy.

Put your hand out.....

Laughed at, seriously.

I personally know several civil servants on Kildare Street who are fully suited and booted at work.

And I personally know civil servants at quite a few grades that don't bother with ties, and the jacket is mostly off save for an occasion that demands it. I include what are thought as hoighty-toighty departments like Finance and Foreign Affairs in that.

The poster's assertion that there is a City of London type dress-code in the civil service and that is enforced, is precisely what I said it was, bunk.

Naaaaaagh, I had his back over the Gestapo flag nonsense. I actually can manage his hipsterness, he has a human right to be a self-rightous chunt, in fact we all do.

But lots of TD's had a **** over something spurious last weekend and managed to get away with it?

This has become a competency issue imo.

It is sloppy behaviour all in all.

Yeah but can we still call it "arsegate"? Go on please?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Kilboor wrote: »
    Saying he was hacked is pathetic in my opinion. Does anyone actually believe him

This is the crux of the matter. Remember-Nixon had no knowledge or involvement in the Watergate break-in; it was the lying and scheming afterwards that forced him to resign. I fully expect Ming to be departing Brussels in a helicopter by the end of the week-his position is now untenable.

sabat wrote: »
    This is the crux of the matter. Remember-Nixon had no knowledge or involvement in the Watergate break-in; it was the lying and scheming afterwards that forced him to resign. I fully expect Ming to be departing Brussels in a helicopter by the end of the week-his position is now untenable.

Look someone else has even referenced Watergate already

What do you expect, you're making it too easy.

Put your hand out.....

Laughed at, seriously.

Crap edit jingle. And still doesn't even make sense after it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Yeah but can we still call it "arsegate"? Go on please?

I would go for "Mchugearsegate" but that is not fair on poor Spairse, she doesn't deserve this publicity either, despite her beautiful arse.

This is not about her arse.

I would go for "Mchugearsegate" but that is not fair on poor Spairse, she doesn't deserve this publicity either, despite her beautiful arse.

This is not about her arse.

It’s more about the arse of Ming’s 10 skinner joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Few paranoid delusional types posting in here about a coordinated FG conspiracy. Too much wacky baccy obviously.

As blanch said, the last episode where someone banged that drum, they ended up having virtual pie all over their face. Fell for my ruse hook, line and sinker. Fun times.

Anyway, as Johnny said, I don't think anyone is claiming it's the crime of the century. It's his silly and ridiculous excuse that he was hacked that is the worst part.

I wonder is Ming over in Belgium at the moment? Probably text the wife saying he was off to bed, then went off and bought an eight of Moroccon hash from an Arab. Went back to his (taxpayer funded) flat and proceeded to get baked out of his mind.

Probably slugging on a few bottles of that strong Belgian beer as well. It's powerful stuff. Did me for, more than once.

Still though. Never did I get so blotto that I posted on social media thinking it was a search box.

I'd say he'll be in the dog house when he gets back to Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Same goes for Bono, he turns up at extremely formal meetings about third world debt in leather trousers and wrap-around shades, while everyone else there is wearing a 3 piece.
    Absolute knob.

Not a valid comparison. Bono is not an elected politician. He attends those meetings as a campaigner. And as far as real world economics and realistic solutions to problems are concerned, he's a lot more clued in than Ming, Wallace, Boy Barrett and the other token gesture megaphone mob. Which is why he has been quite successful in his campaigning and has achieved real results.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Tis a curious successful man who carries on like you do.

You seem utterly serene, at peace with yourself and the world *snigger*

Johnny's success is due to his healthy diet which enables him to exercise a Zen like mastery of his bowels. Have you not read his legendary thread on the subject? If we only had 20 more men like him Ireland could conquer the world. He makes Denis O'Brien look like a shoeshine boy.

It's both. And many other factors external to the control of any government.

But, positing leprechaun economic stats (and there are countries ranking below us where the average quality of life as well as income is blatantly superior to Ireland's) as evidence of FG not being f*ckups on many fronts deserves mockery.

Some of the posters here would have you believe FG split the atom and sent men to the moon. They're class-A bullsh*tters and when you put an obvious FG screw up under their nose they'd blame the weatherman for it before broaching any criticism. Jokers to a man.

If it's both, why did you say "the credit for Ireland's development goes to the people"?

The unpleasant reality is FF taosigh like Lemass and Haughey played huge roles in Irish economic success, as much as de Valera impeded it. Government policies matter.

FF, when they were left wing, built huge numbers of social housing and made free secondary education accessible to all. Ahern bringing them economically to the right was a disaster for Ireland.

Your original post was simplistic nonsense.

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Johnny's success is due to his healthy diet which enables him to exercise a Zen like mastery of his bowels. Have you not read his legendary thread on the subject? If we only had 20 more men like him Ireland could conquer the world. He makes Denis O'Brien look like a shoeshine boy.

Thanks for the compliments, dude, but you go too far. I do believe that a lot of the irritation and anger you see on this site is down to the posters being extremely ‘bound up’. I’d suggest they get more fresh fruit and vegetables into their diet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I wonder is Ming in the doghouse with Mrs. Judith Flanagan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

Funny, you can have a subtle dig at blanchardstown just by simply naming the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Kind of like how you drone on about SF incessantly in threads about Fine Gael? Sauce for the goose is apparently not sauce for the gander in blanchland.

The simple and godfearing people of the west of Ireland who like to eat their dinner in the middle of the day and enjoy warming their arses up agin a roaring turf fire have great respect for this MEP - he has more credibility in the tip of his thumb than most other elected representatives have in their whole bodies.

His Twitter was compromised and some gob****e sent out a strange message - so fekkin what ??

He will always get my vote and all the simple folk like myself have great time for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

There are 3 posters on this thread that are clearly the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Kind of like how you drone on about SF incessantly in threads about Fine Gael? Sauce for the goose is apparently not sauce for the gander in blanchland.

An admission of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Meh, Ming is on the right side of the political fence here so very little will be made of this.

Can imagine the same reaction if it had been Mattie McGrath or Ronan Mullen, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

keano_afc wrote: »
    Can imagine the same reaction if it had been Mattie McGrath or Ronan Mullen, obviously.

Can't imagine them being any good for a quarter ounce either.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There are 3 posters on this thread that are clearly the same person.

You’ve made that accusation before about me and Emmet, dude. It’s wrong, but you can continue to make it. It’s heartwarming you spend so much time thinking about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

keano_afc wrote: »
    Meh, Ming is on the right side of the political fence here so very little will be made of this.

Oh can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth about #metoo, toxic masculinity, the male gaze, the patriarchy and other assorted buzz words that would come out if this was anyone but a confirmed lefty. Saoirse would have gone for the jugular, i have no doubt.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    An admission of sorts.

You get wrecked on those threads either way. I'm not trying to dictate what people say on any thread, have at it.

Fine Gael B.O.Ts on boards are sad acts. Oh look, I did it again.

Advertisement