Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Odhinn wrote: »
    You're entitled to an opinion. It strikes me as very odd that you can't state it.

You're going round in circles here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You're going round in circles here.

Not really. You've been extremely evasive, which has prompted multiple posts by myself and others for you to give your own take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    The vast majority are African-American so theres no real need to point it out.
    Actually black people make up less than half of the US' non-white population.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You tried to score cheap points when there was no need to.
    Just like youre doing again.
    Just like youve been doing throughout the thread.

By constructively adding about correct use of the term Black, vs African-American?

You clearly have some problem with me best ignore my posts so.

Actually black people make up less than half of the US' non-white population.

I believe he meant the vast majority of blacks are african-american, so thus IHO its okay to stereotype the lot as african-americans.

• Advertisement

Not really. You've been extremely evasive, which has prompted multiple posts by myself and others for you to give your own take on it.

I already gave my take as much as I have an opinion on it so I'm sorry, I just can't give you what you want no matter how hard you try.

As for being evasive, I'm seeing a lot of people lately saying they need to do more "listening and reading" about the Black persons perspective Not the White perspective. There's not enough of that going around and I'm sure you would agree this is a big part of the problem. You don't seem interested in the Black perspective here.
    Perhaps you should take a leaf out of this book and start enquiring about Black man who posted the tweets perspective, and ask him or others about how they feel about this.

I already gave my take as much as I have an opinion on it so I'm sorry, I just can't give you what you want no matter how hard you try.

..which in itself is illuminating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Overheal wrote: »
    I believe he meant the vast majority of blacks are african-american, so thus IHO its okay to stereotype the lot as african-americans.

Try not put words in my mouth that came from yours.

Cheap point scoring again.

..which in itself is illuminating.

Why is it illuminating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Who is this the Jewish person running the BLM movement?

• Advertisement

Try not put words in my mouth that came from yours.

Cheap point scoring again.

It came from yours - if I'm wrong in my interpretation please clarify.
    The vast majority are African-American so theres no real need to point it out.

Why is it illuminating?

It suggests that the poster in question is wary of posting their honest opinion on the subject.

It came from yours - if I'm wrong in my interpretation please clarify.

I didnt stereo type anyone like you said.
    The reason I said no need to point it out is because it was a cheap shot by you.
    The vast majority are African-American so saying that in the context of the BLM movement isnt really worth pulling someone up over,unless you want to virtue signal to try score cheap internet points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Imagine going out against Martin Luther king's observation of a man being judged by his character and integrity etc

Undermining a whole race of Black people saying they're the only one's who suffer from racism.

What about the other race's, do they matter ?

This is a cluster fck, if anyone gets or spreads Covid 19 and passes it onto others then biproxy they're murderer's... that's if someone dies

It suggests that the poster in question is wary of posting their honest opinion on the subject.

They did post their opinion though.
    They said a black man will know more about BLM than he would so his tweet was interesting.

I didnt stereo type anyone like you said.
    The reason I said no need to point it out is because it was a cheap shot by you.
    The vast majority are African-American so saying that in the context of the BLM movement isnt really worth pulling someone up over,unless you want to virtue signal to try score cheap internet points.

So I'm correct you just want to stereotype all blacks as African Americans.

Plenty of people have called them African Americans. I chose to bring it up now because it was showing up multiple times in multiple recent posts.

Speaking of putting words in peoples mouths: you, and all this discussion of scoring "internet points."

So I'm correct you just want to stereotype all blacks as African Americans.

Plenty of people have called them African Americans. I chose to bring it up now because it was showing up multiple times in multiple recent posts.

Speaking of putting words in peoples mouths: you, and all this discussion of scoring "internet points."

No youre wrong,again.

Posters are saying African Americans trying to dance around whateve PC term is acceptable these days not because they are stereotyping all blacks...the only reason Im saying blacks now is because I was told it ok...Im sure next week some moron will tell me saying black is racist:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

nthclare wrote: »
    Imagine going out against Martin Luther king's observation of a man being judged by his character and integrity etc
    These days Malcom x is more fashionable. Unfortunately.

Undermining a whole race of Black people saying they're the only one's who suffer from racism.

What about the other race's, do they matter ?

This is a cluster fck, if anyone gets or spreads Covid 19 and passes it onto others then biproxy they're murderer's... that's if someone dies

Yeah go #alllivesmatter.... /s

This line of thinking has been done to death on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

owlbethere wrote: »
    I read online that the man had a criminal conviction but is that for real? Did he threaten a pregnant woman? Did threaten to shoot her in the belly?

Apparently so.

I just heard that in the game the police finally catch up with George when, in a hurry to get to a shoot, he stops at a convenience store and tries to pay for some Uberlube with a $19 bill.

• Advertisement

Did anyone see that clip of young ladies cleaning off graffiti from a building being called racist's and being told they should be ashamed of themselves...

Absolutely nuts...

These people are what your dealing with, angry ignorant and stupid.

Dangerous bastard's to be around, imagine sharing a house with one of these psychos.
    You've a White toothbrush, you're a racist.
    You've a black tooth brush, you're racist..

Give my head peace for feck sake

Yeah go #alllivesmatter.... /s

This line of thinking has been done to death on this thread.

I know I'm just the echo in the chamber.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread.

What's your simple solution for all this ?

AG Barr

Extremist agitators, Antifa, other extremist groups and foreign actors playing all sides in the demonstrations.

Foreign actors ..interesting.

https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/idOVCGYOAFZ

Did anyone see that clip of young ladies cleaning off graffiti from a building being called racist's and being told they should be ashamed of themselves...

Absolutely nuts...

These people are what your dealing with, angry ignorant and stupid.

Dangerous bastard's to be around, imagine sharing a house with one of these psychos.
    You've a White toothbrush, you're a racist.
    You've a black tooth brush, you're racist..

Give my head peace for feck sake

You know you don't have to be on the internet, it's a choice right? Going by the last 3 statements it seems you could do with a wee break.

I know I'm just the echo in the chamber.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread.

What's your simple solution for all this ?

Next sunny day we all head to phoenix park, bag of drink in tow I'll bring a football we have a kick about then get ****faced afterwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump must think people are trying to storm the White House with all the barricades he's putting in place, so deluded, they want him to come out and march with them. That's what they want, geez.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Red for Danger

Its terrible that so many on here were brought up to think black lives dont matter

No youre wrong,again.

Posters are saying African Americans trying to dance around whateve PC term is acceptable these days not because they are stereotyping all blacks...the only reason Im saying blacks now is because I was told it ok..

That's fine, but that's also why I posted a clarification/FYI about it. To make you more at ease here is more (video too):

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/breaking-the-news/african-american-or-black-which-term-should-you-use/89-0364644d-3896-4e8b-91b1-7c28c039353f

Black is an acceptable term.

I wasn't going to keep policing the thread if someone didn't say black, or anything like that! I just thought it would be useful to insert into the thread while the term was popping up more frequently in a string of posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Its terrible that so many on here were brought up to think black lives dont matter

What makes you think that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

owlbethere wrote: »
    I read online that the man had a criminal conviction but is that for real? Did he threaten a pregnant woman? Did threaten to shoot her in the belly?

Original court documents are there as posted at black gossip site Lipstick Alley:

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/george-floyd%E2%80%99s-conviction-of-robbing-a-woman-receipts-inside.3560861/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement