Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

JackTC wrote: »
    Right but you didn't explain how the person in the video I posted is wrong.

OK, I will admit I do have reservations about two videos in particular, and they are Gofast & night vision Pyramids. That said, there is such a massive list of accounts from pilots, radar contacts etc over several decades, that there is still certainly something to look into.

The green pyramid is just an airliner as viewed through an out of focus night vision camera with a triangular appature, and yet we are being told this is a UFO, why :cool:

All that being said, I do believe Dave Fravor & Alex Dietrich 100%

Let's wait for the report in about ten days time, then we can all look and see what officialdom says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

OK, I will admit I do have reservations about two videos in particular, and they are Gimbal & night vision Pyramids. That said, there is such a massive list of accounts from pilots, radar contacts etc over several decades, that there is still certainly something to look into.

The duck theory (for Gimbal) and the pyramids (night vision-green) do raise questions, as I suspect both of them to be totally identifiable, but then why they are being sold to us as UFOs :cool:

The green pyramid is just an airliner as viewed through an out of focus night vision camera with a triangular appature, and yet we are being told this is a UFO, why :cool:

All that being said, I do believe Dave Fravor & Alex Dietrich 100%

Let's wait for the report in about ten days time, then we can all look and see what officialdom says.

I think you're getting Gimbal and GoFast mixed up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_UFO_videos

But yes, there is nothing we can do until the report next month.

With regards to Dave Fravor & Alex Dietrich, I have no idea myself. I hope they're wrong, I want there to be a logical explanation.

I think you're getting Gimbal and GoFast mixed up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_UFO_videos

With regards to Dave Fravor & Alex Dietrich, I have no idea myself. I hope they're wrong, I want there to be a logical explanation.

Yes, I meant Gofast (the duck) ✓

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Have a look at the below video (start at 5:35) and watch until the end.

Tell me why you think this sceptic is wrong

I don't think he's wrong about that particular video myself. Never was impressed by the "GoFast" video. It's pretty obvious that parallax is playing a part in the speed illusion there. I don't know why the Pentagon haven't said as much.
    What I don't like in that guys analysis is that he ridicules the likes of Luis Elizondo for saying that the counter argument to weather balloons is that the objects move in inexplicable ways and seem to defy physics.
    Elizondo is clearly referring to the FLIR/Gimbal video and David Fravor's eyewitness report, not the GOFAST video.
    He also conveniently "didn't have time" to address the FLIR or Gimbal video, though half of his lengthy debunk was duck noises and memes.

I don't think he's wrong about that particular video myself. Never was impressed by the "GoFast" video. It's pretty obvious that parallax is playing a part in the speed illusion there. I don't know why the Pentagon haven't said as much.
    What I don't like in that guys analysis is that he ridicules the likes of Luis Elizondo for saying that the counter argument to weather balloons is that the objects move in inexplicable ways and seem to defy physics.
    Elizondo is clearly referring to the FLIR/Gimbal video and David Fravor's eyewitness report, not the GOFAST video.
    He also conveniently "didn't have time" to address the FLIR or Gimbal video, though half of his lengthy debunk was duck noises and memes.

Part 3 below (skip to 20:45) he looks at GIMBAL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWWGmiZs4JA&ab_channel=Thunderf00tThunderf00tVerified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

What do you guys think of Biden's response last night? He leaves very abruptly, even forgetting to remove his mic
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1395872243931140096?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Part 3 below (skip to 20:45) he looks at GIMBAL.

With the FLIR video he's not really giving us a good option for what that is. It's unexplained. He goes on about how it's not moving at incredible speeds and that's true, I think most can see that clearly. I don't agree with Corbell et al who say it speeds off at the end. I would agree with him that the large movement is most likely to do with the camera rather than the object. Whatever about the video, there's no way to explain what the four military pilots describe what they observed with their own eyes that day. Again I think he's kind of muddying the discussion by talking about the video alone and rubbishing claims that it is moving erratically or fast. That is not claimed of the video, it is claimed by the pilots who observed it.

The gimbal video is space junk? Come on. Any kind of space junk as hot as this object is will have a visible trail of heat behind it, even at this small an FOV. Also, it just looks too tidy and the movement is almost perfectly horizontal. At that altitude, if a piece of space junk managed to make it through the atmosphere, it would be moving more vertically than horizontally given the momentum it will have lost dur to drag at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Hmm something that unites humanity ....alien over lords. I think America needs this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Why do you think its illogical to assume that there is other sentient life in the universe? If the universe is indeed infinite as physicists say then surely it's logical to assume that there is life somewhere?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Why do you think its illogical to assume that there is other sentient life in the universe? If the universe is indeed infinite as physicists say then surely it's logical to assume that there is life somewhere?

I don't think it's illogical to assume that there is other sentient life in the universe. That's not what I've been talking about.

Some of these people talk about objects moving at impossible speeds which are outside the laws of physics. That's what I don't believe.

It's very possible that there's life out there, but I'm not convinced on these videos where things are moving in supernatural ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

You hope they’re wrong? jaysus, if the tic-tac is indeed alien craft that would be the most monumental of news stories IMO at least.

Imagine a potentially vibrant and living galaxy with different cultures, different stages of development and bat-sh1t crazy technology... I’m all for it. Not like they’d want us obliterated into the abyss either or they would of done it by now ( I think 😁 )

Personally I don’t know what to fookin think. I’m glad this is happening though, I love a good mystery and better than hearing the C word.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Hmm something that unites humanity ....alien over lords. I think America needs this.

Funny you say that. This issue has united a lot of republicans and democrats. Members from both sides of the divide are trying to find out what this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

This thing in the Ocean looks Alien to me. Looked interesting from afar and got more interesting when it approached the camera. When it got closer see colors, different spectrums.. Is that real I was thinking?

Cheerful S wrote: »
    This thing in the Ocean looks Alien to me. Looked interesting from afar and got more interesting when it approached the camera. When it got closer see colors, different spectrums.. Is that real I was thinking?

What was that?

Presumably a known variety of squid, do we know what type, depth, context, size, etcetera etcetera ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'd say some of these will turn out to be incredibly advanced drones launched from a new class of submarine.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

What was that?

Presumably a known variety of squid, do we know what type, depth, context, size, etcetera etcetera ...

Have no clue. But if you watch the thing whatever it is morphed shape to something else.

16 seconds it looks different.
    appears to go through a morph of shape at 40 seconds.

Have no clue. But if you watch the thing whatever it is morphed shape to something else.

16 seconds it looks different.
    appears to go through a morph of shape at 40 seconds.

Probably a ctenophore, comb jellies. They can look awesome and very alien alright. Cool vid of one, until I think the propeller minced it.

Probably a ctenophore, comb jellies. They can look awesome and very alien alright. Cool vid of one, until I think the propeller minced it.

If it is a type never witnessed before. Can Ctenophora morph shape to something else? Its almost seems it did the morph so it could head towards to the camera and have a look. Seemed/least felt intelligent to me. A mystery.

If it is a type never witnessed before. Can Ctenophora morph shape to something else? Its almost seems it did the morph so it could head towards to the camera and have a look. Seemed/least felt intelligent to me. A mystery.

Not unique. Other older videos called them 'Batman of the Deep', there dark red blood belly can appear black and may look like they 'morph' because they are invertebrates. Probably did they an interest in the camera. Sea creatures have often been curious of human devices. Probably trying to figure out if it was a food source.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I see Legion is back posting on the thread again. Doing what he does best, trying to get it closed down :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,215 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

no mystery. Its a comb jelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,581 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its just a jelly fish we don't see often & all of a sudden people are saying its a Aliens ,

It's like these video are the obvious options are over looked because people want to believe so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Have a look at the below video (start at 5:35) and watch until the end.

Tell me why you think this sceptic is wrong

That was a hard watch, guy doing the analysis is a massive massive co*k.

I've only taken an interest in all this since it started hitting MSM. But ill lay my bias on the table and say I definitely want to believe. I've always answered yes if asked do you believe in aliens. That doesn't mean I belive Barbra from Utah is getting probed every other week but I believe in the vastness of space there has to be other life etc.

Why would the US military not be saying yes these are our videos, no theyre not UFOs , they're birds/balloons etc?

Like if they're that easily shown to be when the footage is reviewed with all the info there to be checked? Even accounting for pilot error on the day etc. Once reviewed they'd be able to say ah yeah thats a duck lads.

Its just not making sense to me wjy the US military would want to claim they don't have the capability to decipher between a duck and machine?

Or do the people making these debunk videos actually believe the entire military don't know how to work out what they're working out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

These videos were leaked or released via Freedom of Information via what seems a bunch of hobbyists/Tom DeLonge types who seem to have terrible quality control (one of the people involves in the current publicity helped popularize Yuri Geller and was involved with nonsense like remote viewing), also they are not the videos of what eye witnesses claim to have seen. Just because they are out here now doesn't mean the US military is clueless about them.
    As far as members of the military being infallible witnesses, check out what Mike Flynn is up to these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Regarding the upcoming report I don't think we should expect anything. The government certainly won't say what these things are as they likely don't know. The best thing that could come out of it would be if they can encourage more pilots to come forward with sightings.

Jen Psaki has just confirmed at a White House press conference that there are unidentified aerial phenomena in their air space.

Is it not now time for this topic to have its own forum? It's not a matter of belief anymore.

https://youtu.be/7yBbMROonHE

It's very telling that Obama spoke out about it in a serious manner. He is of course friends with Biden. YouTube and general news seems to be giving it to everyone on a plate recently. It feels like the world is being prepared for big revelations.

Oh that giggle gives it away, ha ha ha :pac: :pac:

Maybe this will never be taken seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rte aren’t talking about this so the announcement won’t be that big!

Advertisement