Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

JackTC wrote: »
    I don't think it's illogical to assume that there is other sentient life in the universe. That's not what I've been talking about.

Some of these people talk about objects moving at impossible speeds which are outside the laws of physics. That's what I don't believe.

It's very possible that there's life out there, but I'm not convinced on these videos where things are moving in supernatural ways.

Outside our understanding of the laws of physics. We can do things today that people thought would never be possible 100 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Bob Lazar's interview with Joe Rogan for anyone interested. Fascinating. He seems quite genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Elessar wrote: »
    Bob Lazar's interview with Joe Rogan for anyone interested. Fascinating. He seems quite genuine.

And the George Knapp one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Love him or hate him, Corbell has his connections
    https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbell/status/1397621632072503297?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

This evening @8pm (Thursday)!

Better be something good as I'm fed up with fuzzy blurred and out of focus stuff. Give us something clear and in focus please :cool:

Rediculous that we have to wait for this fella Corbell anyway, any relevant data should just be released without all this theatrical build up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Lots of stuff debunking lazar on line

1 thing that made me laugh is apparently when he first went public he had all sorts of dramatic stories about aliens on the base killing staff etc etc - he quietly dropped all the really dramatic stuff when people rightly were sceptical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Lots of stuff debunking lazar on line

1 thing that made me laugh is apparently when he first went public he had all sorts of dramatic stories about aliens on the base killing staff etc etc - he quietly dropped all the really dramatic stuff when people rightly were sceptical

Show me where Bob Lazar ever made a claim like that he saw aliens killing staff. Absolute nonsense.

People make up claims to discredit that actual claims he made.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Its 8pm lads. Where this new UFAPO drop

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

buried wrote: »

At his twatter. Radar footage of UFOs swarming warships. I know nuttin about radar so don’t know what to make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

US2 wrote: »
    Show me where Bob Lazar ever made a claim like that he saw aliens killing staff. Absolute nonsense.

I haven't seen anything to that effect either so it sounds like a nonsense claim.
    There's a timeline of Bob Lazar's life here which aims to separate the fact from the fiction as much as possible.

One thing that really stands out to me is that on the 19th of April '86 he married a woman called Tracy Anne Murk whilst already being married to another woman, Carol Lazar. 2 days later Carol is found dead of suspected suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning. A week later Bob and his new wife move into Carol's house (where she died).

There is something exceptionally strange about that sequence of events and it makes me very uneasy about Bob as a character and skeptical of his claims.

• Advertisement

Can somebody give us a link please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

These things are just flying about the USS Omaha and all they do is just glawp at them? Why don't they shoot the f**king things?

US2 wrote: »

Google it. He genuinely made all sorts of ridiculous claims when he first went public ...

Look it up and research it and you will see he’s absolutely full of sh1t

Here’s a link to some of Lazars mad rubbish

http://paul.rutgers.edu/~mcgrew/ufo/bob.lazar

And this is a good aul read on him....

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Robert_Lazar

Lots of stuff online blowing holes in his claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Drexel_3

Why has all this ufo stuff popped up again after years of hearing nothing? Why are military suddenly releasing all this footage?

I'd love more than anything for some sort of big discovery to be made in my lifetime regarding this sort of stuff but I'm skeptical of why all this is being released now

55 knots? lol Why don't they Shoot the things! Then find out what these "UAPS" are. You can bet your arse that if the USS Omaha was in the Persian Gulf and some Unidentified Aerial Yoke came at them from the direction of Iran, at only 55 knots, it would be shot to pieces in a matter of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

These things are just flying about the USS Omaha and all they do is just glawp at them? Why don't they shoot the f**king things?

Where to start. You could be looking at something a million years more advanced and your first thought is shoot at them. Why would any rational person shoot at something that you cannot comprehend and posing no threat.

It would be like a caveman firing rocks at an Apache helicopter.

There has been cases of some air forces shooting at UFOs and in return got shot down which in my view is fair enough. Don’t fcuk with what you don’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Drexel_3 wrote: »
    Why has all this ufo stuff popped up again after years of hearing nothing? Why are military suddenly releasing all this footage?

I'd love more than anything for some sort of big discovery to be made in my lifetime regarding this sort of stuff but I'm skeptical of why all this is being released now

The military isn't releasing it, people are leaking it and some has been got via freedom of information. The fact that it's going through Robert Bigelow buddy George Knapp makes me wary.

• Advertisement

Where to start. You could be looking at something a million years more advanced and your first thought is shoot at them. Why would any rational person shoot at something that you cannot comprehend and posing no threat.

It would be like a caveman firing rocks at an Apache helicopter.

There has been cases of some air forces shooting at UFOs and in return got shot down which in my view is fair enough. Don’t fcuk with what you don’t know.

lol Show me where this has happened, and show me right now

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well I'll be very clear here. I wasn't always into this sort of thing but like a lot of people I am more convinced that there's a mystery here that we currently can't explain. This is due to the reports of unidentified craft by pilots, radar reports and FLIR images. There's no evidence to say what this is but I think we have plenty of evidence of what they aren't.

That said there are certainly a huge amount of chancers in this area and they make it a lot harder for some people to take this seriously. I would be tempted to put Bob Lazaar in that category. I used to work at the same place he worked (DOE - Dep of Energy labs) and some of the things he stated don't make sense.

Leaving Bob Lazar aside . . . .
    Leaving Jeremy Cornbell aside . . . .

It now seems that officially UAPs do exist, but what are they & where do they come from?

The military isn't releasing it, people are leaking it and some has been got via freedom of information. The fact that it's going through Robert Bigelow buddy George Knapp makes me wary.

That's not exactly right S. They were indeed leaked but we know who leaked them. It was the former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Chris Mellon.

Chris met with the pilots, radar operators and navy officers involved in each incident and became convinced that this wasn't being taken seriously. The fact he held such high positions in defense and intelligence departments meant that he can put pressure on the right people to release these videos.

The Pentagon has since come out and stated that these videos are genuine and they show objects that they haven't been able to identify.

I share your concern about the named individuals but you couldn't ask for a more sober minded investigator than this guy.
    Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Chris Mellon, has revealed that he was the source who provided the New York Times with the three UFO videos it famously published in 2017.

Mellon, who served in the senior intelligence role under the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush administrations, made the bombshell admission in a recently released documentary, The Phenomenon, which is directed by James Fox.

The 63-year-old told Fox that he met with an unnamed individual in the parking lot of the Pentagon months earlier and was handed a package containing three videos of ‘unexplained aerial phenomena’ captured by Navy pilots between 2004 and 2015.

Here's a clip of Chris Mellon and the retired US Navy Chief Master-at-Arms discussing the issue with CNN. The Navy chief, a witness himself states that the aircraft are up to a thousand times more advanced than anything they have.

The military are very much at the centre of this and they're working with some of the best minds on the planet.

It now seems that officially UAPs do exist, but what are they & where do they come from?

Probably the Military Industrial Complex AKA The MIC.

I have no idea but if it was a hostile nation we are f-ed. The idea that pilots, radar operators and FLIR images are mistaking unknowns with weather balloons is f-ing stupid. I'm glad experts are calling people out on this theory.

lol Show me where this has happened, and show me right now

I would like to see that link too but I doubt anything in our capabilities could shoot something that can travel 80k feet a second at instantaneous acceleration (Kevin Day, radar operator during the Nimitz incident).

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I would like to see that link too but I doubt anything in our capabilities could shoot something that can travel 80k feet a second at instantaneous acceleration (Kevin Day, radar operator during the Nimitz incident).

Yeah but the footage dropped tonight shows the USS Omaha tracking objects that are only travelling at 50 knots, not 80k feet a second, and they still can't shoot them down or even get clearance to engage them whatsoever? Why is that? Like I said already, if the Omaha was in the Persian Gulf and some unidentified object came swarming at her at 55 knots, the crew of the Omaha would not only track it but they'd shoot the thing down. So why no clearance to do the same in this footage released?

Hostile Nation?

And do we know of a hostile Nation that possesses that kind of technology displayed by these UAPs?

The characteristics displayed are so far advanced as to be many generations ahead of current US tech, add to that the fact that the kind of G-Force involved would kill a human pilot, so they must be super advanced unnamed drones, yet without any obvious propulsion systems (no wings, jets or rotors) :cool:

Dead end.

• Advertisement

Yeah but the footage dropped tonight shows the USS Omaha tracking objects that are only travelling at 50 knots, not 80k feet a second, and they still can't shoot them down or even get clearance to engage them whatsoever? Why is that? Like I said already, if the Omaha was in the Persian Gulf and some unidentified object came swarming at her at 55 knots, the crew of the Omaha would not only track it but they'd shoot the thing down. So why no clearance to do the same in this footage released?

I have no idea. I am not going to speculate on that with any credibility. The Nimitz case was unique as we had multiple trained observers describing observation with various methods (visible spectrum, multiple radars, FLIR). We need more context here.

All I can say is it is extremely strange the way they weren't shot down. It isn't a matter of seeing them as a threat or not. The fact is that they seem to have been in restricted airspace, near a Naval vessel.

Advertisement