Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Take a listen here of Obama speaking last night on the subject.

https://twitter.com/foiaboi/status/1394736321722191879?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

^^^ He certainly wasn't saying that before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Luis Elizondo, a former DOD official who investigated UAP for nearly a decade, says these vehicles display technology far superior to anything in any nation's inventory. "Imagine a technology that can do 600 to 700 G-forces, that can fly 13,000 miles an hour, that, that can evade radar and can fly through air and water and possibly space, and oh, by the way, has no obvious signs of propulsion, no wings, no control surfaces and yet still can defy the natural effects of Earth's gravity. That's precisely what we're seeing."

Link with full text; https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-military-intelligence-60-minutes-2021-05-14/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That Elizondo fella doesn’t come across as believable

Out for publicity similar to the Corbell lad

And Obama?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I don't accept for a second that the standard issue tracking systems on our earthbound military assets have the ability to track that kind of movement accurately or reliably.
    Yes they do. It's a simple matter of subtracting one radar frequency from another. Technically all you have to do is measure the beat frequency from an oscillator.

Without checking I can't confirm if that ship was calibrated to re-entry velocities, but the accompanying guided missile ships are, and if there are any doubters the US Navy has shot down a satellite.

GPS only works because ground stations determine the precise orbit of the satellites which then advertise it to the receivers which then do the hard maths.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In June . . .

Drip drip feed of revelations for the last six months or so, leading up to the official US Government disclosure in June. Let's wait and see.
    Remember the Life On Mars announcement ?

https://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/snc/clinton.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

What Obama says is significant. It also leads me to believe that they don't think it's technology from a foreign nation. Otherwise they wouldn't admit that there is unknown foreign craft in US airspace.

I was looking at 60 minutes and I'm absolutely amazed by the sea change in relation to UFO reports. The main take away I took for it is that the pilots who had these encounters felt happy that there was less stigma involved in these events. They also encouraged other pilots to make their reports public too.

On the converse to that is the fact that some of the sceptics are hardening their opposition to this in the form of ridicule. They're literally holding back research into this topic because they're making it harder for people to come forward through fear of ridicule.

From my point of view I think it's also not good to leap to conclusions as to what these things are. The fact some people do this also can make it harder for people to report these things.

I'm happy to that the US government are stating that there's unidentified objects in US airspace and they don't know what they are. The fact that radar operators and pilots are giving us details as to the capabilities of these things also allows us to rule out conventional aircraft ect.

Finally, I'm surprised to see that even Newsnight has even covered the story soberly.

That Elizondo fella doesn’t come across as believable

Out for publicity similar to the Corbell lad

Well I'm not very fond of him but he is an ex intelligence official who had top clearance within the Pentagon.

You can't compare him with Corbell who's a extremely self promoting.

The pilots and radar operators are key for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well I'm not very fond of him but he is an ex intelligence official who had top clearance within the Pentagon.

Why does any of that make you believe you can trust this gadge?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    Why does any of that make you believe you can trust this gadge?

I wouldn't on his own TBH but every incidence he reported has since been confirmed by pilots and radar operators.

So just leaving the characters aside for one moment, I think it has now been officially accepted that there are unexplained aerial phenomon in our skies. Phenomon that acts in ways & behaviour inexplicable to our understanding. Obama.

Not saying it's aliens, definatelty not saying it's aliens, but then the window for explanation is very very small, because if this phenomon is not man made or alien, then what the hell is it?

1 atmospherics/ball lightening?
    2 another earthbound lifeform?
    3 another dimension?

There is something unexplained, but what is it?

I wouldn't on his own TBH but every incidence he reported has since been confirmed by pilots and radar operators.

All under the watch and clearance of the likes of the Pentagon and the nefarious watch of the likes of the United States Intelligence agencies, a crowd of psy-op towergrids I wouldn't trust to give me the time of day given their worldwide and widespread acts of global criminality and lies. Unless you know any of these pilots and radar operators personally, you'd really want to take anything that's coming out of the mouths of these characters, who you do not even know or cannot even verify, very, very sceptically.

No idea I don't know them ,
    They don't even have to be lying they could just not know what there looking at,

How in this day an age can you honestly believe there are no good quality picture's , come on that is nonsense

I think the "picture argument" is disingenuous. There is no picture that dogmatic "this doesn't exist therefore it can't" sceptics won't say is fake.

The latest photos (below) which were discussed on 60 minutes were taken from a cockpit of a fighter jet. They pilots also stated that these objects moved in ways far superior to their aircraft. The Pentagon also confirmed that the objects in this photo are unidentified.

41669028-9463375-image-a-74_1618256309128.jpg

knapp1-e1618416514543.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=756

There is no photo that could be taken that someone like yourself wouldn't accuse of being faked.

So just leaving the characters aside for one moment, I think it has now been officially accepted that there are unexplained aerial phenomon in our skies. Phenomon that acts in ways & behaviour inexplicable to our understanding. Obama.

Not saying it's aliens, definatelty not saying it's aliens, but then the window for explanation is very very small, because if this phenomon is not man made or alien, then what the hell is it?

1 atmospherics/ball lightening?
    2 another earthbound lifeform?
    3 another dimension?

There is something unexplained, but what is it?

It was discussed on Newsnight the other night.

The three possibilities were listed as

1. Secret US projects
    2. Foreign powers
    3. Extraterrestrials

Your options, particularly the first two certainly account for a huge amount of strange sightings.

I think the "picture argument" is disingenuous. There is no picture that dogmatic "this doesn't exist therefore it can't" sceptics won't say is fake.

The latest photos (below) which were discussed on 60 minutes were taken from a cockpit of a fighter jet. They pilots also stated that these objects moved in ways far superior to their aircraft. The Pentagon also confirmed that the objects in this photo are unidentified.

41669028-9463375-image-a-74_1618256309128.jpg

knapp1-e1618416514543.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=756

There is no photo that could be taken that someone like yourself wouldn't accuse of being faked.

I hate to quote my own post but looking at the top picture you could conceivably say it could be some new high altitude drone. I have no clue what the second picture could be. The pilots stated that this object was a metallic cube in a transparent energy shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

1. Secret US projects
    2. Foreign powers
    3. Extraterrestrials

Your options, particularly the first two certainly account for a huge amount of strange sightings.

I’d say a combination of 1 & 2, with 1 even being tested on their own team. UFOs provide a nice cover like they did for area 51 when they were doing their thing.
    3 is not impossible, I just think unlikely and should only be considered after every possible earth bound explanation is exhausted and can’t be embraced because of things like trained observers. I think it will only be completely proven when they say howiya. Way too much nonsense to wade through these days.

1. Secret US projects
    2. Foreign powers
    3. Extraterrestrials

But what about the Mach 15 speed?
    The ability to then come to a full stop!
    To dive from 80k feet to ground level in 0.79s.
    To be able to travel through air & water.
    To change direction like a ping pong ball.

It's all very odd and surely beyond manmade ability, no? Certainly can't be manned craft, as apparently a human pilot would be turned into jam such would be the G force of such manoeuvres, and if it drone technology, then where the hell has it come from?

Anyone got a link to the Newsnight chat?

I’d say a combination of 1 & 2, with 1 even being tested on their own team. UFOs provide a nice cover like they did for area 51 when they were doing their thing.
    3 is not impossible, I just think unlikely and should only be considered after every possible earth bound explanation is exhausted and can’t be embraced because of things like trained observers. I think it will only be completely proven when they say howiya. Way too much nonsense to wade through these days.

You're very right, however, I would doubt the 1st option to some degree (although still likely as an explanation) as pilots are supposed to be informed when there's test flights in the area. It's still a possibility though!

I'm glad right now that we're at a stage where we can state that there's some unidentified objects in our atmosphere with a collective set of aerodynamic characteristics.

• Advertisement

It's all very odd and surely beyond manmade ability, no? Certainly can't be manned craft, as apparently a human pilot would be turned into jam such would be the G force of such manoeuvres, and if it drone technology, then where the hell has it come from?

Maybe it's nothing but lies. Ever think of that? The same sort of lies that Agent curveball AKA Rafid Ahmed Alwan convinced the almighty Pentagon to go invade Iraq 20 years ago. A lot of those lies were based on Hollywood made motion pictures too.

But what about the Mach 15 speed?
    The ability to then come to a full stop!
    To dive from 80k feet to ground level in 0.79s.
    To be able to travel through air & water.
    To change direction like a ping pong ball.

Anyone got a link to the Newsnight chat?

You're very right H. I have no explanation for these.

The fact that it seems to have instantaneous acceleration and thousands of miles and hour means that whatever it is moves far, far in advance of what we know about aeronautical engineering.

I have my own beliefs and deep down I would find it hard to believe these are made by anyone we know.

Here's the NN link.

Maybe it's nothing but lies. Ever think of that? The same sort of lies that Agent curveball AKA Rafid Ahmed Alwan convinced the almighty Pentagon to go invade Iraq 20 years ago. A lot of those lies were based on Hollywood made motion pictures too.

TBF every major power has made these claims.

TBF every major power has made these claims.

What claims?

What claims?

That their pilots witness craft with capabilities far in excess of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Perhaps Obama wasn’t given the full story

Very much doubt the intelligence agencies were giving the full story to trump or ol man Biden.

That their pilots witness craft with capabilities far in excess of their own.

You would have to show me exactly where these major powers have claimed so, and in the exact timeline. The US Military had prototypes for the likes of the Stealth Bomber back in the 60's so its highly likely that if the soviet states, lets say, encountered anything like that back then, they wouldn't know what the Hell those birds were either. I'm talking about LIES, and the USA's notorious and undeniable effort to spread lies and "known unknowns" throughout its existence to perpetrate its own global hegemony. Which, IMO, this is exactly what this new UFO/UAP craic is all about. From a known historical viewpoint, this is what makes the most sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zivanz

I don't have time to watch the sky, and when I do my eyes start to water

Ah, many thank for that, and hosted by the most wonderful of earthbound beings, the radiant and beautiful Emily Maitlis, who is definatelty not an alien.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Season 2 is out now but not in Europe yet?

Advertisement