Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

speckle wrote: »
    If I dont post this now..I never will...10 years ago this month...I saw an UAP...It was also witnessed separetly by someone else which I did not know at the time.

After discussing the situation with others I have decided to contact the IAA aswell to restrospectively report it.

If you don't mind me asking but what part of the country did you see this. Can you explain what exactly did you see. How high up was it. Was it during the day or night.

By the way, the IAA didn't say anything to the public about the 2018 incident off the South Coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    So how do we go about suggesting a forum for this topic? My guess is that will happen when RTE discuss this next month when the "do you believe?" Question is not the question anymore but rather "What are they?"

A forum sounds a bit much for a thread that only has 140 pages after a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

lawred2 wrote: »
    A forum sounds a bit much for a thread that only has 140 pages after a year.

I think the theory behind a dedicated forum is based on what might happen next month. Revelations & disclosure by the US government might prompt a massive jump in all such posts, hence the suggestion for a UAP forum, although it remains to be seen what disclosure there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think the theory behind a dedicated forum is based on what might happen next month. Revelations & disclosure by the US government might prompt a massive jump in all such posts, hence the suggestion for a UAP forum, although it remains to be seen what disclosure there is.

how many times this year have we been told that something massive is coming?

In June . . .

Drip drip feed of revelations for the last six months or so, leading up to the official US Government disclosure in June. Let's wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

In June . . .

Drip drip feed of revelations for the last six months or so, leading up to the official US Government disclosure in June. Let's wait and see.

I'm not sure what to make of all this hype of what's going to happen next month. You would think if it's going to be official disclosure it would be done through the UN and other countries would say what they know.

If you leave America and all it's celebrity Ufologists out of the equation, you have the Belgian Air Force holding a presser after the 1990 incident admitting they chased craft not of this world. We also have incidents with Iranian, Czech, Yugoslavia, Russian, Mexican, Chilean, Peruvian air forces on record.

Not sure how much evidence people need.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,376 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Folks just on this big bombshell disclosure report that people seem to be so excited about ...

This “disclosure” report was legislated for in one of trumps last acts - is that right? And it was proposed by one of the republicans senators?

Is there a possibility that the Biden administration will either water down whatever goes in the report

or maybe even cancel the publication altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

The question is do people want to know, most people I know wouldn't be able to handle it, whatever "it" is, they'll either just ignore it and get on with their lives or just rubbish it. Look at the Belgian air force press conference for example, it didn't change anything, most people went on with their lives because that's what they wanted to do. Ignorance is bliss n all.

Personally I think the truth of it we will never know and that these UFO's are just a modern manifestation of things we have seen since the dawn of humanity, gods, demons, etc. rather than extraterrestrials that come from a specific space time location.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

macnug wrote: »
    The question is do people want to know, most people I know wouldn't be able to handle it, whatever "it" is, they'll either just ignore it and get on with their lives or just rubbish it. Look at the Belgian air force press conference for example, it didn't change anything, most people went on with their lives because that's what they wanted to do. Ignorance is bliss n all.

Personally I think the truth of it we will never know and that these UFO's are just a modern manifestation of things we have seen since the dawn of humanity, gods, demons, etc. rather than extraterrestrials that come from a specific space time location.

As opposed to doing what?

Seriously!?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Folks just on this big bombshell disclosure report that people seem to be so excited about ...

This “disclosure” report was legislated for in one of trumps last acts - is that right? And it was proposed by one of the republicans senators?

Is there a possibility that the Biden administration will either water down whatever goes in the report

or maybe even cancel the publication altogether?

No this was a bipartisan issue. Harry Reid, Democrat and former senate majority leader organised the majority of this with collaboration with the republicans. It is very much bipartisan. In fact the democrats expected push back from the republicans on this but the opposite seems to have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

If you don't mind me asking but what part of the country did you see this. Can you explain what exactly did you see. How high up was it. Was it during the day or night.

By the way, the IAA didn't say anything to the public about the 2018 incident off the South Coast.
    I am writing it up first in detail after recently contacting the other person to re-affirm what they saw also at the time ..then will post here at the same time I ring the IAA..as well as contacting a local td so no one can wash their hands of it until it is... hopfully fully scientificaly explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

lawred2 wrote: »
    As opposed to doing what?

Seriously!?

I'm not going to say what should or should not be done, I'm just observing that nothing came of it, just like there's a good chance nothing will change from the June report.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Mach 2 is about 2,500 kilometres per hour. Voyager left earth in 1977 and is doing about 55,000 kilometres per hour. It will take it thousands of years to get to any planets in other solar systems. If that was some alien craft, it was going very slow to get anywhere in a hurry. But too quick to let anyone figure out what it was. What were they up to?

When you are in a car park you are going to drive slow so you dont hit anything even though the car is capable of really high speeds normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,615 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The ones recently are military without question

The US are doing the whole " oh god we don't know what these things are ",Eh yes yes you do they are you ,

I can take a clear picture of the moon on my phone but the military cant get a clear picture of one of these , It's because they don't want to ,

Have the tried to shoot any of them down NO why because they own them , You telling me if something flew into American airspace they wouldn't try to take it our encase its Russian or from Chain ,

Look people know there object up there , so the military just agree and say "oh jez ye look I wonder what that is "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The US are doing the whole " oh god we don't know what these things are ",Eh yes yes you do they are you ,

I can take a clear picture of the moon on my phone but the military cant get a clear picture of one of these , It's because they don't want to ,

Have the tried to shoot any of them down NO why because they own them , You telling me if something flew into American airspace they wouldn't try to take it our encase its Russian or from Chain ,

Look people know there object up there , so the military just agree and say "oh jez ye look I wonder what that is "

how do you shoot down something that can move at mach50+ and change direction immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Have you not seen the footage where it breaks the lock, essentially an act of war. They can't even lock onto it, it moves so fast in different directions.

I would say the green nightime "pyrimid UFO" is nothing but an out of focus night vision camera with a triangular appature, but leaving that aside, what about all the other video & visual evidence?

What did Cmdr Fravor witness?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

Will we see first contact in the next fifty years?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,860 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sakana wrote: »
    Will we see first contact in the next fifty years?

Yes.

On April 5, 2063 Zefram Cochrane will fly his converted nuclear missile starship at warp speed to the outer solar system, where it will be spotted by a passing Vulcan vessel.

They will divert to Earth to greet the people who sent up the ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    So how do we go about suggesting a forum for this topic? My guess is that will happen when RTE discuss this next month when the "do you believe?" Question is not the question anymore but rather "What are they?"

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=446

That was the original one, and you'll more than likely be pointed there if you suggest it.

• Advertisement

Have you not seen the footage where it breaks the lock, essentially an act of war. They can't even lock onto it, it moves so fast in different directions.

Do you honestly think something could get here form another Galaxy and not be capable of staying out of our view, ?

How come none have ever been picked up or sighted in Space ?

Its military to think other wise is naive

Here.

Let me guess no decent picture,

It's 2021 if you claim your seeing something that you can't get a decent picture of with todays camera's ( plus your military not like a Nokia camera phones is the height of your budget ) you either don't want a picture ore your lying ,

So maybe Fravor & Dietrich are lying.

But why?

So maybe Fravor & Dietrich are lying.

But why?

No idea I don't know them ,
    They don't even have to be lying they could just not know what there looking at,

How in this day an age can you honestly believe there are no good quality picture's , come on that is nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭I see sheep

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

E1pBFSrVIAIv7YX?format=jpg&name=small

The report was commissioned so that the intelligence services would asses the threat presented by unidentified aerial phenomenon. The report should only assess what it thinks these objects are, what threat they pose and based on these it should issue recommendations in dealing with them.

Do you honestly think something could get here form another Galaxy and not be capable of staying out of our view, ?

How come none have ever been picked up or sighted in Space ?

You see these are questions. You don't use questions to explain observations you use available data and make judgements based on that.

Could you back up your claim that these are military with facts?

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    You see these are questions. You don't use questions to explain observations you use available data and make judgements based on that.

Could you back up your claim that these are military with facts?

I seen Big foot , look at my pictures , see somethings there in the woods ,
    Wait what you don't believe me because I have no clear pictures but sure why would I lie ?

Ok it must be a giant ape so,

No clear videos or pictures...…….. no space crafts

Advertisement