Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looks like an electrical pulse in the air, i see better video quality from 1901
    The footage quality is a joke for 2021
    Makes no sense that in this day and age all you see is a fuzzy noisy mess,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Makes no sense that in this day and age all you see is a fuzzy noisy mess,

If you are referring to the new 2019 footage it was filmed at night using a thermal imaging camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I found this recording from different pilots over Shannon Ireland a few years ago to be interesting. One pilot described the light object to be traveling mach 2 twice the speed of sound. Three different piloted aircraft saw this one.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Just on that Corbell chap I wouldn’t trust him as far as I’d throw him

Everything he says :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I found this recording from different pilots over Shannon Ireland a few years ago to be interesting. One pilot described the light object to be traveling mach 2 twice the speed of sound. Three different piloted aircraft saw this one.

A meteor was mentioned by someone in the conversation, but then that didn't quite add up with the two lights banking to the right & then climbing at speed.

A meteor, or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Mach 2 is about 2,500 kilometres per hour. Voyager left earth in 1977 and is doing about 55,000 kilometres per hour. It will take it thousands of years to get to any planets in other solar systems. If that was some alien craft, it was going very slow to get anywhere in a hurry. But too quick to let anyone figure out what it was. What were they up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Makes no sense that in this day and age all you see is a fuzzy noisy mess

It's frustrating but there are a few things to consider:

This latest footage was taken at night on the sea. So pitch dark. It was recorded using a thermal image camera.
    There may be higher quality footage of this or other events taken by the US military but for reasons of intelligence secrecy or some such it hasn't been released to the public, nor would it likely be released. Bear in mind that the Navy ships that have captured these images aren't carrying the most amazing video or photo camera technology that would be used in the television industry, they are carrying very specific equipment that allows them to track and record enemy craft. They're not designed to record imagery in Imax quality, they have other very impressive functions such as ranging and speed measurement but the "video" quality is not designed to be cinematic.

It's also often said that these phenomena are by their nature difficult to see even with the naked eye and thus difficult to get a clear image of. Some suggest this is because these are either physical phenomena that we don't understand or even interdimensional in nature which is why they are "fuzzy" in appearance. That's all conjecture of course because nobody knows what they are. But it's one potential explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    60 Minutes special on UFO/UAP's coming, all the talk on Twitter. Really going mainstream now. That Charlie Bird report on RTE is not far off now.

Airing tomorrow. By all accounts 60 minutes is a huge deal in America.

The female pilot of the Nimitz encounter is giving her story.

https://twitter.com/60minutes/status/1393250354133970949?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mach 2 is about 2,500 kilometres per hour. Voyager left earth in 1977 and is doing about 55,000 kilometres per hour. It will take it thousands of years to get to any planets in other solar systems. If that was some alien craft, it was going very slow to get anywhere in a hurry. But too quick to let anyone figure out what it was. What were they up to?

You're making the assumption that Mach 2 is the only speed they do.

Your car can do 10 kph, it can also do 150. Maybe these guys can do Mach 2 and Warp 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You're making the assumption that Mach 2 is the only speed they do.

Your car can do 10 kph, it can also do 150. Maybe these guys can do Mach 2 and Warp 2!

The radar operator on the US Nimitz and on other aircraft monitoring the unidentified craft stated that it went 40,896 miles and hour which is around Mach 53.

The pilots also stated that it had instantaneous acceleration to these speeds which is beyond anything we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

So how do we go about suggesting a forum for this topic? My guess is that will happen when RTE discuss this next month when the "do you believe?" Question is not the question anymore but rather "What are they?"

So how do we go about suggesting a forum for this topic? My guess is that will happen when RTE discuss this next month when the "do you believe?" Question is not the question anymore but rather "What are they?"

There's a forum suggestion forum I think! Suggest and I'll back it up.

You mean like a whole forum!

Wow that's ambitious, but maybe it will be needed after next month's monumentus revelations, not just on RTE, but across the board worldwide (fingers crossed)?

When I started this thread this time last year, I wasn't sure if it would take off or if it would be ridiculed, ignored or just dumped, but it's doing alright ......

If you guys think a whole forum is the next step then I'll go along with that and support it too ✓

Picked a hell of a week to quit my online exobiology diploma.

The UFO topic was discussed on Redfm in Cork on Friday. Several people phoned in with their stories.

It all begins at 48:50.

A very interesting story at 58:08 from a man who saw a cigar shaped object only two months ago in east Cork.

Also another interesting case from someone living on the Carlow/Kilkenny border.

Listen here.

https://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/episode/14th-may-20211/?autoplay=1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The radar operator on the US Nimitz and on other aircraft monitoring the unidentified craft stated that it went 40,896 miles and hour which is around Mach 53.

The pilots also stated that it had instantaneous acceleration to these speeds which is beyond anything we have.

I don't accept for a second that the standard issue tracking systems on our earthbound military assets have the ability to track that kind of movement accurately or reliably.

Airing tomorrow. By all accounts 60 minutes is a huge deal in America. The female pilot of the Nimitz encounter is giving her story.

https://twitter.com/60minutes/status/1393250354133970949?s=21

When/how can we get to watch it?

I don't accept for a second that the standard issue tracking systems on our earthbound military assets have the ability to track that kind of movement accurately or reliably.

Then don't. Radar operators seem to. I also doubt that standard issue can be used to describe military issue radar equipment.

Edit: Here's the link for the video where Kevin Day, the radar operator on the US Nimitz explains to Mick West (professional sceptic) about the characteristics of the object tracked by the pilots. It's worth looking at if you're interested in some of the more scientific approaches in UFO studies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv9iKw_Q9xQ&t=4s

When/how can we get to watch it?

It's on CBS tonight at 12 our time.

Watch here.

https://ustvgo.tv/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Didnt one of the pilots say they started to see them after upgrading the radar system?

macnug wrote: »
    Didnt one of the pilots say they started to see them after upgrading the radar system?

Yes as did the radar operator. They could observe objects via radar previously but these were far more advanced.

Most interesting is the fact that the squadron commander, Dave Fravor stated that when he tried to get a radar lock on the thing his system reported that it was being jammed by the object it tried to lock onto. Radar jamming is technically an act of war.
    'This is not like we saw it and it was gone or I saw lights in the sky and it's gone – we watched this thing on a crystal clear day with four trained observers,'

The phenomena committed an 'act of war' by jamming the military's radar when they tried to trace it.

'I’m going to meet it and I’m probably a half mile away and it’s coming across my nose …and it just accelerates and disappears at about 12,000 feet in less than a half second and it’s gone,' Fravor said.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes as did the radar operator. They could observe objects via radar previously but these were far more advanced.

Most interesting is the fact that the squadron commander, Dave Fravor stated that when he tried to get a radar lock on the thing his system reported that it was being jammed by the object it tried to lock onto. Radar jamming is technically an act of war.

not sure you want to be going to war with an enemy capable of mach50+.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

The UFO topic was discussed on Redfm in Cork on Friday. Several people phoned in with their stories.

It all begins at 48:50.

A very interesting story at 58:08 from a man who saw a cigar shaped object only two months ago in east Cork.

Also another interesting case from someone living on the Carlow/Kilkenny border.

Listen here.

https://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/episode/14th-may-20211/?autoplay=1

I think stories like these just trivialise the whole thing. Folksy tall tale sort of vibe.

Sakana wrote: »
    I think stories like these just trivialise the whole thing. Folksy tall tale sort of vibe.

Yes exactly, it's that old wink wink, cue X Files music, break out a smile and let's be silly for a few minutes about something childish & rediculous.

That kinda vibe, very annoying.

not sure you want to be going to war with an enemy capable of mach50+.

The worst case scenario is that these things are from a hostile nation. This is always a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The worst case scenario is that these things are from a hostile nation. This is always a possibility.

in which case we are fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Psychlops

I highly doubt any nation is more militarily advanced with technology than the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

Good article. I'm surprised this isn't getting more traction. Never in my life did I think I'd see the likes of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

If I dont post this now..I never will...10 years ago this month...I saw an UAP...It was also witnessed separetly by someone else which I did not know at the time.

After discussing the situation with others I have decided to contact the IAA aswell to restrospectively report it.

Advertisement