Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I don't know which is stranger. Aliens visiting earth or the fact that here we are on the crust of a round ball of a planet rotating on its axis around the sun every 365 days of the year in space and all other planets doing the same thing just like an electron rotating around an atom. It's all fecking weird :)

We’re a virus living on a cell in a monster’s brain. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

We’re a virus living on a cell in a monster’s brain. :eek:

That's brilliant that is, reminds me of something Lister might have said in Red Dwarf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

60 Minutes special on UFO/UAP's coming, all the talk on Twitter. Really going mainstream now. That Charlie Bird report on RTE is not far off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭new92

To answer the title, I do believe UFOs are out there (largely because of government studies and revelations).
    Whether they're aliens, or extra dimensional beings, or even us from the future, I can only say that I want to believe. I want to believe there's more out there.

The Ophanim as described in the old testament (I'm not a religious person) are like spacecraft. The bibles intentions and accuracy have been lost in translation and over time. I believe, though, every story has a kernel of truth. The ancients either met Starmen; Gods, or had great imaginations.

I must be crazy also.

Jacques Vallee's new book is coming out in June. Speculation is that it will have a detailed analysis of the metals he mentioned on Joe Rogan's show, supposedly from a crash in 1945.

Lou Elizondo also mentioned last week he believes we will soon hear evidence of pre-Roswell encounters with UAPs.

https://twitter.com/EngagingThe/status/1390485186748485634?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

They look like engine or suspension components from a 1940s Oldsmobile, or Chevrolet, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I think considering the amount of planets and stars out there it would be unbelievable if there was no other life. There absolutely is life out there. Now the question is have they visited here?

I don’t know. We are too far away and probably not interesting enough. It’s not a coincidence that many UFO sightings are near military bases where secret technology is tested.

• Advertisement

Hmm :cool:

So Mr Jeremy Cornbell is the star of the show, and we're all waiting for him to release the latest UFO news.
    Not sure about this, like it's becoming a soap opera with Mr Corbell, Jacques Vallee, Lou Elizondo etc being the UFO salesmen.

I won't be happy until the truth is released by the official US authorities next month, these guys are becoming too prominent.

Hmm :cool:

So Mr Jeremy Cornbell is the star of the show, and we're all waiting for him to release the latest UFO news.
    Not sure about this, like it's becoming a soap opera with Mr Corbell, Jacques Vallee, Lou Elizondo etc being the UFO salesmen.

I won't be happy until the truth is released by the official US authorities next month, these guys are becoming too prominent.

I know what you mean about those guys but they are at least pushing for more transparency.

I think the best we'll get next month, if it's not delayed, is:
    We don't know what these are (maybe along with another grainy radar video).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

A bit of insight into the recent headlines, also NBC is releasing a tv show on UFOs soon. Some of the news from a few years ago coincided with a new "History" Channel series.
    https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-vicious-circle-the-small-group-of-believers-behind-recent-ufo-news

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbell

It's up. Like how it drops into the water

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

A bit of insight into the recent headlines, also NBC is releasing a tv show on UFOs soon. Some of the news from a few years ago coincided with a new "History" Channel series.
    https://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-vicious-circle-the-small-group-of-believers-behind-recent-ufo-news

What insight did that blog give exactly? It didn't deal with the issue only resorts to calling those reporting the phenomenon "believers".

Interesting, any theories?

It was also caught on two types of radar apparently. I think there's enough evidence to conclusively say there's mystery aircraft in our airspace. What they are goes into speculation I'm not prepared to make without more evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,322 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is that the big announcement?

Interesting, any theories?

Hermetically sealed anyway if it can do that

Is that the big announcement?

For the moment anyway. Still waiting for the June report from the US government

• Advertisement

Hermetically sealed anyway if it can do that

Who would have thought grainy footage would be so common now with all these videos. It's basically become a circus for one side to get excited about while Mick West calls it a sliotar or something.

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Who would have thought grainy footage would be so common now with all these videos. It's basically become a circus for one side to get excited about while Mick West calls it a sliotar or something.

Mick West is a complete idiot in this regard. I wasted 5 minutes of my life watching him tell US pilots who witness UFOs that they misunderstood their controls.

If the US military do indeed want to reveal the truth this is indeed a slow drip in these videos. My guess is there is an ocean of evidence in high quality photos and videos but they do not want to put all their cards on the deck.

It is very likely they will claim this to be a new phenomenon to avoid scrutiny over the decades long cover up.

If the US military do indeed want to reveal the truth this is indeed a slow drip in these videos. My guess is there is an ocean of evidence in high quality photos and videos but they do not want to put all their cards on the deck.

It is very likely they will claim this to be a new phenomenon to avoid scrutiny over the decades long cover up.

But there is no picture that would be evidence enough to prove anything. Radar is far more informative in terms of raw data regarding the object's speed ect.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    But there is no picture that would be evidence enough to prove anything. Radar is far more informative in terms of raw data regarding the object's speed ect.

True but for the average person, a clear photo will be more convincing. Most people are not even aware of the post 2017 revelations. I made a remark at work recently and not one of the 9 people knew what I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Is this the thread or is it elsewhere ...for potential sightings of so far unexplained scientifically aerial phenonmen?

speckle wrote: »
    Is this the thread or is it elsewhere ...for potential sightings of so far unexplained scientifically aerial phenonmen?

I'm calling for a vote for this topic to have its own forum. This has gone far past some redneck from Alabama making strange claims.

Examples of threads:
    - US military videos
    - Unexplained sightings
    - Sightings in Ireland
    - Interdimensional theory
    - Historical cases

• Registered Users Posts: 15,420 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just on that Corbell chap I wouldn’t trust him as far as I’d throw him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I'm calling for a vote for this topic to have its own forum. This has gone far past some redneck from Alabama making strange claims.

Examples of threads:
    - US military videos
    - Unexplained sightings
    - Sightings in Ireland
    - Interdimensional theory
    - Historical cases

that might help as I thought it was only a thread for yes/maybe/no re belief per title and not a place to report sightings... but it seems to be everything thrown together...which fine but I found very difficult to search for what I am specificaly looking for...

a general chat thread could be added and no reply/info only thread like the weather forum.. and by the looks of things this topic possibly might become buzy next month? Even add a investigational and skeptic thread for balance?

Would someone please post a link to air traffic control or where ever someone can report officially any sightings? Thanks

Anyhow back to my reading only got to page 30 :D

Advertisement