Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

The Kinross Incident - 1953

Fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

Give it a rest. The book of invasions were a Christian fabrication. But let’s take all this hoop jumping’ mental gymnastics, History Channel crud and what ifs seriously.

This is not entirely correct. Forgetting time they wrote the book (11th century) time in the past, no internet existed,.. The monk/priests are retelling stories that got told to others through the centuries. The stories are pagan since the Tuatha de dannann supposedly landed in Ireland during the bronze age. Historians argue about the nature of the people. Some historians will argue they may have been sea explorers from somewhere in the Mediterranean, they may be right? The language in the book, not christen in anyway, talks of things that are essentially supernatural and would have thought would be danger to write about. back then? Does it mean the version of the stories in the book are real, absolutely not.. The monks felt the tradition was so powerful among the people, felt and had a need to talk about in a book. Motivations for the monks to do this in is also compelling, least for me.

you're idea of "clear" is different to mine.

It’s obvious viewing the video that object does not resemble a jet, plane. Missing contrails, lack of wings at the sides and back, no heat signatures when the pilot switching modes in the cockpit. It looks like a oval/saucer shaped object 19,000 feet in the air. Pilot advanced tracking system lost it when the object decided to move away to the left. That should be impossible since the jets are best sky craft around and are build to chase down commercial airliners and most flying objects with simplicity. Plus the object was in a secure military zone where all airline is instructed to avoid. The mere fact that object there is a national security concern. From what i know the pilot reported in his statement the object jammed his onboard systems, there apparently some light/marker that appears on his screen to tell him that. Whatever this object was controlled by some intelligence.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Mick West told 6 fighter pilots with over 4000 hours of flight time that they didn't understand their controls. He also told the radar operator that the radar was malfunctioning. His opinions are at odds with what the experts say on this.

Mick West fully aware the USS Princeton, did a complete shutdown of its systems and did a reboot to see if it was a error. The objects did not go away.

The Nimitz UFOs was tracked by radar plane, seen by multiple ships radar, and also pilots in three different jets got an eyes on view of it.

Fravor and Chad Underwood incidents did not occur at the same time and place either, there was a hours and day apart i believe ( not exactly sure about the time and date) but it was not at the same hour.

Mick explanation make no sense. The same aircraft was doing loops in the sky for days, hardly? Plus aircraft with a human pilot must have a call sign if there flying from an airport.

Mick also ignoring the object (fravor) saw was hovering over water and then when Fravor banked to go have a look. The object accelerated upwards in front of his craft at an impossible speed. Pilots in another plane watching this (the wingman) saw all this.

I like the idea of a breakaway group but I wonder if they "vamoosed" a little further.
    Perhaps the ones who seemed to be able to "morph" huge rocks all over the world.

Historians will tell you the Baalbek stones weighing 1650 tons was moved by humans? Make no sense of it any level considering the time period here. I'm a firm believer there missing information about the past.

Cranes would have hard time moving a few hundred tons around, yet the historians want you to believe men with ropes hauled this stone through deserts for miles to get on some imaginary boat that could carry it down the river/lake.

• Advertisement

Space and time is immense, even if it doesn't look big on a graphic, it's bigger than words can describe and incomprehensible to most. To say aliens wilfully travel to earth, play chasing in the sky in their aircraft is beyond ridiculous. If there are aliens, we will never meet them. Space and time is too big. Sci-fi is just that. Whatever UFO's are, they are not aliens. And no technology can traverse it, even technology we can't imagine., The size and difficulty of travelling through space and time and the astrophysics' involved is impossible.

So if you rule out aliens, the only other explanation, that doesn't involve natural phenomenon which I don't believe for a moment, would be a breakaway group of humans who advanced far quicker than the rest of the world, and are hiding in a giant pod in the Atlantic, invisible to sonar. Like I say, ridiculous.

Immense to our understanding of how to get to A to B and back again. It not impossible to get to A and B way faster with unknown methods. If you think that way humans would never went to the moon. There always will be advancements beyond our understanding at a certain time. For a people living in 1730 travelling and men walking on the moon surface and sending unmanned probes to the Mars planet would seem like fantasy. Yet we got there in time. Can we rule out, the objects are not probes send from another area in space to seek out new life and materials? Plenty of unknowns here.

Maybe non humans have already interacted with us in the past at a larger level and for whatever reason decided to end that major contact on earth ( like just decided to let us be for awhile and watched from afar.) There lot of weirdness we overlook, myths and folklore of the interactions between sky gods and humans. The fact we have modern interactions since 1947 and it seems to never go away, and are people seeing different craft of all sizes you have to be open your mind that the story of earth may be entirely different one. But i understand that not everyone ready for that until that science and solid proof provided to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Cheerful S wrote: »
    Historians will tell you the Baalbek stones weighing 1650 tons was moved by humans? Make no sense of it any level considering the time period here. I'm a firm believer there missing information about the past.

Cranes would have hard time moving a few hundred tons around, yet the historians want you to believe men with ropes hauled this stone through deserts for miles to get on some imaginary boat that could carry it down the river/lake.

Obviously I was referring to advanced ancient technology (note use of the word "morph")

It would be very unimaginative to discount an earlier, human, peak civilisation.

Obviously I was referring to advanced ancient technology (note use of the word "morph")

It would be very unimaginative to discount an earlier, human, peak civilisation.

Göbekli Tepe was buried under sand and was unknown and became a major site in the 90s. So far, the current estimate on build 12,000 years ago. Only a small section of the site has had excavations. It changes our understanding of human history in many ways. Around this time in history, very few historians believed man/woman build large monuments and towns. There likely many human civilizations that began, disappeared and got forgotten.

The UFOS are probably ancient technology since we do have plenty of folklore and myths about objects in the sky back then. I don't see the phenomenon as anything new really. I see this as the real missing link to our past and we lack crucial information that would open our eyes. I think there will be a reckoning eventually and US government maybe be reacting to some development outside of their control?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Göbekli Tepe was buried under sand and was unknown and became a major site in the 90s. So far, the current estimate on build 12,000 years ago. Only a small section of the site has had excavations. It changes our understanding of human history in many ways. Around this time in history, very few historians believed man/woman build large monuments and towns. There likely many human civilizations that began, disappeared and got forgotten.

The UFOS are probably ancient technology since we do have plenty of folklore and myths about objects in the sky back then. I don't see the phenomenon as anything new really. I see this as the real missing link to our past and we lack crucial information that would open our eyes. I think there will be a reckoning eventually and US government maybe be reacting to some development outside of their control?

I agree mostly, but wasn't there a definite start to the "modern times" reporting of such phenomenon, circa the 1950's ?
    I believe the term "Foo Fighters" dates from that era.
    ( Obviously I'm aware that the Roswell incident was a few years earlier, in 1947 I think )

The term "foo fighter" was used by Allied aircraft pilots during World War II to describe various UFOs or mysterious aerial phenomena seen in the skies over both the European and Pacific theaters of operations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It’s obvious viewing the video that object does not resemble a jet, plane. Missing contrails, lack of wings at the sides and back, no heat signatures when the pilot switching modes in the cockpit. It looks like a oval/saucer shaped object 19,000 feet in the air. Pilot advanced tracking system lost it when the object decided to move away to the left. That should be impossible since the jets are best sky craft around and are build to chase down commercial airliners and most flying objects with simplicity. Plus the object was in a secure military zone where all airline is instructed to avoid. The mere fact that object there is a national security concern. From what i know the pilot reported in his statement the object jammed his onboard systems, there apparently some light/marker that appears on his screen to tell him that. Whatever this object was controlled by some intelligence.

the only thing you can see on the video is an indistinct blob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Well there's certainly more chance of them being real than a God like Zeus, Janus Ops or Venus.

So yes, do I believe they've visited Earth or been near it? No. Until somebody is able to catch a decent picture then there is no reason to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Probably enough to tell what planet it’s from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Well there's certainly more chance of them being real than a God like Zeus, Janus Ops or Venus.

So yes, do I believe they've visited Earth or been near it? No. Until somebody is able to catch a decent picture then there is no reason to believe it.
    Ever stop to consider the possibility that maybe they WERE these gods, be it Zeus, Odin, Jupiter, etc? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

jaxxx wrote: »
    Ever stop to consider the possibility that maybe they WERE these gods, be it Zeus, Odin, Jupiter, etc? :cool:

Yes, then the Xanax wore off.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

This June revelation is all nonsense in my opinion.

The 'fuzzzy' bits and pieces we are seeing in the sky are just anomalies science hasn't quite figured out yet.

As I have stated in earlier posts, I have no doubt what so ever, that there is other life out there.

Is some of that life intelligent? Probably...

Can that intelligent life communicate with us (if it wanted to)? Almost definitely not!

We can't even communicate among ourselves... How many of us can speak English, Spanish, Italian, Portuges, Dutch, German, French... Blah Blah Blah..

There are around 6,500 spoken languages in the world today... I can speak one, and can get by on about half a dozen others

Lets face it, we have zero signals hitting Earth (well none we can identify anyway) So, where are they???

I agree mostly, but wasn't there a definite start to the "modern times" reporting of such phenomenon, circa the 1950's ?
    I believe the term "Foo Fighters" dates from that era.
    ( Obviously I'm aware that the Roswell incident was a few years earlier, in 1947 I think )

The modern wave of UFOs, asked an American ufologist began early 1947 with the sightings of Kenneth Arnold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Arnold_UFO_sighting

During WW2 pilots saw balls of light, different colors, plasma ball type things? From what i gather they did not seem to be made of a metallic solid, We think oval/saucer shaped UFOs surface is a metal? There was reports of rocket ships in the 30s inside Sweden, its ongoing all over the world really pre WW 2.

I can understand this view and the object isn’t as clear as day to the eye. Still, the pilot locked his radar on an actual object. There something there between the radar bars at 19,000 feet in the air.

In case like this, have to look at all the information. Fravor incident earlier, reportingly saw an object that had no wings, tail, or exhaust, the entire surface was just a type of metal?. Resembled a Tic Tac"

Chad Underwood a Navy Pilot, was in the air, and was directed later to a suspicious object in the sky location and when he locked onto it.

This what the radar system/targeting pod saw, when he switching and changing modes in the cockpit.

551320.png

While it would not be best image quality, i agree, still has appearancees and features the object Fravor saw. The object locked onto has no wings at the sides, heat signature exhaust, no contrails coming out the back, or anything that would mark it as an known plane. It has to real since you can see later in the video, the target breaks the lock and takes off at speed. The object must have a driving mechanism inside that craft to allow to speed up like that and evade targetting pod radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This case from Canada, the Falcon lake incident is interesting

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/news/podcasts/Pages/ufo-falcon-lake-incident.aspx

He claims not only to have witnessed an unidentified craft land at short range but to have physically touched the craft and then suffered injuries when the craft flew back into the sky.

He says it emitted gas/rays which caused him to feel disorientated, headaches, pains, and burns from the crafts emissions.

his hair and upper chest was burned and singed, there was a checkerboard pattern of chemical burns or thermal burns on his abdomen.

In addition, there was the radioactive soil and debris that was found at the site itself.

flanna01 wrote: »
    This June revelation is all nonsense in my opinion.

The 'fuzzzy' bits and pieces we are seeing in the sky are just anomalies science hasn't quite figured out yet.

As I have stated in earlier posts, I have no doubt what so ever, that there is other life out there.

Is some of that life intelligent? Probably...

Can that intelligent life communicate with us (if it wanted to)? Almost definitely not!

We can't even communicate among ourselves... How many of us can speak English, Spanish, Italian, Portuges, Dutch, German, French... Blah Blah Blah..

There are around 6,500 spoken languages in the world today... I can speak one, and can get by on about half a dozen others

Lets face it, we have zero signals hitting Earth (well none we can identify anyway) So, where are they???

The report is coming out to remove the stigma of talking about UFOs in a military and political settings. Very few understand there was little collaboration between US agencies regarding this topic. The Navy and Pentagon are trying to enlighten the mainstream and stop the ridicule. Don’t expect any major revelations like Roswell in this report. If there is a super-secret agency buried deep in the DOD, has alien technology, very unlikely would open the doors and books for all the information to be shared. There still concerns over the security of nation state sharing this stuff with enemies like Russia and China. I expect a sanitized report, for the public, and classified report for higher ups in other agencies ( with eyes only- top secret information)

There plenty of good cases in Ufology anyhow that show this phenomenon very interested in what our military is up. In England in the 1980s, 30 service personnel experienced a UFO blitz over two nights at the Bentwaters Nato base in Suffolk county. UFOs dropped down beams into storages hangars where nuclear weapons got stored to be rolled out in case of an attack by the Soviet Union. Triangle shaped objects came over the base with lights . One object a smaller triangle landed inside the forest allegedly, soldiers allegedly finding it. Ball of lights turned up and down in the sky at high speed, and proceeded through the forest outside the base area. Men on duty, years later reported illnesses due to the interactions with the unknowns objects.

Seems fanciful,,but when you hear Col Halt tape recorder of some of it, you realise you open your mind.

All recorded in actual time in the 80s as they went into the forest to see what the hell was happening near a farmer house Col Halt was not ordinary soldier, he was deputy commander of the entire base. With lot of responsibility on his shoulders to debunk this.

If you haven’t heard the tape, it really interesting listening to their emotions and experiences as it all happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Space and time is immense, even if it doesn't look big on a graphic, it's bigger than words can describe and incomprehensible to most. To say aliens wilfully travel to earth, play chasing in the sky in their aircraft is beyond ridiculous. If there are aliens, we will never meet them. Space and time is too big. Sci-fi is just that. Whatever UFO's are, they are not aliens. And no technology can traverse it, even technology we can't imagine., The size and difficulty of travelling through space and time and the astrophysics' involved is impossible.

So if you rule out aliens, the only other explanation, that doesn't involve natural phenomenon which I don't believe for a moment, would be a breakaway group of humans who advanced far quicker than the rest of the world, and are hiding in a giant pod in the Atlantic, invisible to sonar. Like I say, ridiculous.

This is very blinkered. I mean 30 years ago humanity could not have imagined what the Internet would become and how it would advance us. Also sci-fi has actually predicted a lot of human advances. The old adage of if we can imagine it we can create it, eventually.

So if we can imagine and infact are already flying through space ourselves, then it can absolutely be achieved. Also other civilisations could have had huge headstarts on humanity which makes its very plausible theyre travelling through space the way we currently travel to the ISS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I believe that it is foolish to dismiss stuff that is not yet fully understood or explained.

Scepticism is fine but flat dismissal is foolish.

This also goes for the paranormal, the occult and other related areas.

It would take thousands of years to reach Earth from the nearest habitable planet. So the aliens would not be biological. Even then, why would they bother doing that journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

• Registered Users Posts: 33,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's 2021, why do these billion dollar fighter planes have displays like something from a ZX81 game?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

NIMAN wrote: »
    It's 2021, why do these billion dollar fighter planes have displays like something from a ZX81 game?

because they were designed in the 1980s/early 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It would take thousands of years to reach Earth from the nearist habitable planet. So the aliens would not be biological. Even then, why would they bother doing that journey?

Just because a planet isn't habitable to us doesn't mean that it isn't habitable to other types of life forms.

Earth is the only planet that we know of that can support our type of life but if there is life out there, it's more than likely not going to be like us. It's bound to be something different.

My personal belief is that there has to be some sort of life out there. Space is just too big for there not to be. Are we seeing them here now and again in the form of UFOs? No. I very much doubt it. If they have the technology to get here, they have the technology not to be seen by us (assuming they don't want to be seen by us).

And yet we're witnessing something unknown and unexplained. Unknown aerial phenomenon that seems to disobey the laws of physics, attaining incredible speeds with changes of direction that would kill a human pilot, such would be the G-Force.

So what are they?

Some kind of meteorological phenomenon like ball lightening, or an advanced undescovered lifeform?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Just because a planet isn't habitable to us doesn't mean that it isn't habitable to other types of life forms.

Earth is the only planet that we know of that can support our type of life but if there is life out there, it's more than likely not going to be like us. It's bound to be something different.

My personal belief is that there has to be some sort of life out there. Space is just too big for there not to be. Are we seeing them here now and again in the form of UFOs? No. I very much doubt it. If they have the technology to get here, they have the technology not to be seen by us (assuming they don't want to be seen by us).

Life has evolved on Earth because of a quirk in the DNA molecule whereby every generation has "mistakes" when compared to the previous generation.
    This reproduction quirk would unlikely be mirrored in another life generating molecule not constructed of carbon/hydrogen/oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

https://youtu.be/5RGiFqxrNx4
    Sightings in Tipperary in 1969

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Psychlops wrote: »

I've heard, read and watched tons of cases, never heard of this one.
    Cheers mate!

Advertisement