Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hansanter wrote: »
    The designated landing area for St. James' Hospital is on the grounds of the old Kilmainham Hospital. The heli meets an ambulance there, which transfers the patient onwards to James'. The army sports ground nearby in the south eastern corner of the Phoenix Park is often used by Air Corps helis to collect and drop off passengers, more often the Pressie, Taoiseach or government ministers etc. but the odd time a medical transfer.

H./

I figured they were medical transfers alright, but the (non-)proximity to hospitals threw me.

They are regular enough that I didn't think they are political especially seeing it was an AC copter today as well!

Anyway, thanks for that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Not worthy of its own thread but the Bluebird Nordic 737 that goes from KEF-DUB-LGG daily, what is it normally carrying? What is coming off/on in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Not worthy of its own thread but the Bluebird Nordic 737 that goes from KEF-DUB-LGG daily, what is it normally carrying? What is coming off/on in Dublin?

The bloody noise of it, flys over my house most nights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

I think I saw someone say before it's fish but I maybe wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Bsal wrote: »
    I think I saw someone say before it's fish but I maybe wrong.

I was at a fishing port in Iceland and witnessed fish being off loaded onto trucks and straight to kef airport about 20 km away.

I do know at one time the largest tonnage cargo into Cork was fish from Iceland.

It seems a pity when our own fishermen are restricted in the tonnage they can land here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Anyone know what the Ryanair 737 EI-ESN was doing over in Maine in the US? Landed in Shannon a few moments ago.

Edit: Did a bit of research, seems it was stored in Tucson, and recently made its way to Maine and then onto Shannon. Nevermind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The bloody noise of it, flys over my house most nights

Just heard it go over the house. Old girl still plying her trade!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

Anyone know what the Ryanair 737 EI-ESN was doing over in Maine in the US? Landed in Shannon a few moments ago.

Edit: Did a bit of research, seems it was stored in Tucson, and recently made its way to Maine and then onto Shannon. Nevermind!

I think I saw that in an all white livery in Shannon last year so I'd guess it's no longer a Ryanair frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

john boye wrote: »
    I think I saw that in an all white livery in Shannon last year so I'd guess it's no longer a Ryanair frame.

It positioned PIK-SNN last March and sat all summer before heading to Tuscon in October, sat there over the winter before flying back, so suspect as you say it's left the fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

It positioned PIK-SNN last March and sat all summer before heading to Tuscon in October, sat there over the winter before flying back, so suspect as you say it's left the fleet.

Has left the fleet and leaving tomorrow to a new owner on the continent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Volcanic ash (VA) in the Caribbean, will be interesting to see how far this travels and if it starts to impact Atlantic traffic.

549737.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

BA255 LHR to BGI diverted to ANU yesterday. Today's flight has been put back 24 hours to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

I’m amazed that such US military aircraft would appear on FR24, especially since Putin has escalated the situation in east Ukraine by massing forces on the Russian border.

549777.png

They are only seen as the USAF allow them to be seen, very easy to get FR24 to remove them.

ADSBEXCHANGE would still show them which would require them turning off the ADS-B transmitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

pretty regular flights by Forte 10 too, almost daily...

Same with the U-2 flights from the UK and the RC-12 flights from Latvia/Estonia....

All have popped up on ADSB Exchange and some on FR24..

I'm almost certain there are almost daily flights from bases in Alaska and Japan too.

All part of the game playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

If you can see them it is because the US want them to be seen. State aircraft don't have to be in communication with or visible to civilian ATC if operating under Due Regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

HTCOne wrote: »
    If you can see them it is because the US want them to be seen.

Interesting point, so when FR24 clearly identifies the aircraft then the pro Russian separatists can distinguish between a civil or a military aircraft target.

But then again it didn’t help the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

Antonov flying over west cork just now. The different sounding noise prompted me to check my phone

Interesting point, so when FR24 clearly identifies the aircraft then the pro Russian separatists can distinguish between a civil or a military aircraft target.

But then again it didn’t help the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.

weren't they trying to aim at a Ukrainian AF transporter which was working tactically (no transponder) and aimed at the wrong plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Acosta wrote: »
    Antonov flying over west cork just now. The different sounding noise prompted me to check my phone

Where was it headed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Recliner wrote: »
    Where was it headed?

Frankfurt to Chicago

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭AnRothar

smurfjed wrote: »
    Volcanic ash (VA) in the Caribbean, will be interesting to see how far this travels and if it starts to impact Atlantic traffic.

Unlikely to be a major influence as too far south.

Icelandic volcano eruption is in a difference catagory due to proximity to core routes.

Also wind enters the equation. Typical wind from SW will blow ash cloud back over plole.

It's a combination of Icelandic volcano and northern winds that are of the greatest concern.

Unfortunately it looks like that ash cloud has almost reached Africa and is up to 40,000
    Looking at FR24 right now, there doesn’t appear to be any traffic going through it.

549816.jpeg

Source https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/VAAC/ARCH21/GFX/SOUF0013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭AnRothar

smurfjed wrote: »
    Unfortunately it looks like that ash cloud has almost reached Africa and is up to 40,000
    Looking at FR24 right now, there doesn’t appear to be any traffic going through it.
    Don't know if it's possible.
    But a good indicator of the volume of typical traffic likely to be affected would be to examine the relevant airspace on the equivalent rates in 2018 and 2017.
    Suspect it's in the low 100s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

How would a Swiftair flight from dub to east Midlands be allowed to take off just after 4am? Thought they wouldn't be allowed in the middle of the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Flights are allowed take off during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Small 2 engine plane has made 3 low passes over Sutton direction this morning towards Howth. Any idea what the plane is? (It has just headed Howth direction again the last couple of mins). Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

whodafunk wrote: »
    Small 2 engine plane has made 3 low passes over Sutton direction this morning towards Howth. Any idea what the plane is? (It has just headed Howth direction again the last couple of mins). Thanks

Taking pictures perhaps, He's all over the spot really.

549916.JPG

Look like it was doing DUB VOR calibration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

arccosh wrote: »
    Look like it was doing DUB VOR calibration

Registered to Flight Calibration Services out of Shoreham Airport.

Advertisement