Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice clear night for those in its flight path, IL 62 EW-450TR , currently over France on the way back to Shannon tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

A nice clear night for those in its flight path, IL 62 EW-450TR , currently over France on the way back to Shannon tonight.

I am hoping its flying over me tonight (mountains NE of Sneem), watching ADS-B like a hawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I'm looking at two Coastguard helicopter out tonight operating off the Waterford & Cork coast.

Nothing serious I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Both training,also note further north r118 is also out training.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Both training,also note further north r118 is also out training.
    Was wondering. Heard the heli fly over my head in Cork and have been tracking it since. Couldn't see anything on Marine Traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

u

Wasn’t it there on Tuesday too?

Who’s shipping freight to Libya and back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Oi5in

thanks, was wondering what it was, gave house a nice rattle on approach over north cork. sounded very different to what we normally get.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

DL135 AMS to DTW turned around off the northwest Coast and is diverting to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

Spitfire flying east of Leeds at the moment!Nice!

IL62 just about to get airborne out of SNN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

BZ wrote: »
    IL62 just about to get airborne out of SNN

It flew over Cork City on Wednesday night heading north - some noise from it so i looked up its route on flightradar - it flew in from Libya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

kooga wrote: »
    It flew over Cork City on Wednesday night heading north - some noise from it so i looked up its route on flightradar - it flew in from Libya.

It has flown Abuja to Shannon, Shannon to Larnaca, Larnaca to Misrata, Misrata to Shannon and Shannon to Larnaca so far this week. A bit of fun tracking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

Foggy43 wrote: »
    It has flown Abuja to Shannon, Shannon to Larnaca, Larnaca to Misrata, Misrata to Shannon and Shannon to Larnaca so far this week. A bit of fun tracking it.

everyone up in arms about checking US flights for "war cargo" .... yet everyone is just fascinated by an aircraft with movements like this :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

arccosh wrote: »
    everyone up in arms about checking US flights for "war cargo" .... yet everyone is just fascinated by an aircraft with movements like this :pac::pac:

ah here my most excting thing of lockdown 1 last year wasnt C17's or drones , it was some lad ferry flighting a air tractor from the states to kenya!

it wasn't about the plane per se, rather where it's been and why

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭AnRothar

it wasn't about the plane per se, rather where it's been and why
    Not allowed. Get with the programme.
    Shannon Airport is a US warport.:rolleyes:.
    All else is not relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well this is the Aviation forum?

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Well this is the Aviation forum?

it was sarcasm... I'm fascinated too... I just think it's funny how the US get flak all the time when a plane that is obviously being used by the Turkish/Russian backed setup in Libya gets a wave through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

it was sarcasm... I'm fascinated too... I just think it's funny how the US get flak all the time when a plane that is obviously being used by the Turkish/Russian backed setup in Libya gets a wave through

Is this the same IL62 that’s bringing cola concentrate out of SNN?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Is this the same IL62 that’s bringing cola concentrate out of SNN?

Not sure about that, but the cola concentrate was keeping a daily Turkish/ACT B744F busy on SNN-ATL for years after the Coca Cola facility got fattened by a hurricane in Puerto Rico. Might still be what's going on the JFK flights by the same aircraft now.

• Advertisement

HTCOne wrote: »
    Not sure about that, but the cola concentrate was keeping a daily Turkish/ACT B744F busy on SNN-ATL for years after the Coca Cola facility got fattened by a hurricane in Puerto Rico. Might still be what's going on the JFK flights by the same aircraft now.

This near daily 747 movement is fuel stop only but can pick up cargo if required but haven't seen any loaded in quite some time.

Yes the IL62 has done the 3 trips into SNN to pick up the Pepsi concentrate, about 35 tonne each trip

German Beach b200 Super King Air, has a strange flight path.

DIWAW from Donegal https://fr24.com/DIWAW/2780f2d0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

German Beach b200 Super King Air, has a strange flight path.

DIWAW from Donegal https://fr24.com/DIWAW/2780f2d0

There have been several survey aircraft operating over the country lately - at least five this morning. They all have strange flight paths if you want to look at them that way. https://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/001560492.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭roadmaster

there does seam to be survey aircraft in the air everyday and all them appear to be UK based. How come no Irish company's seam to be in that business?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

roadmaster wrote: »
    there does seam to be survey aircraft in the air everyday and all them appear to be UK based. How come no Irish company's seam to be in that business?

Today there are Swiss, Danish and French operators involved, amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Today there are Swiss, Danish and French operators involved, amongst others.

Including Irish. Westair in Shannon, who I believe work for the Ordnance Survey among others, had at least one up today and yesterday, as they do most days with suitable weather

EchoIndia wrote: »
    There have been several survey aircraft operating over the country lately - at least five this morning. They all have strange flight paths if you want to look at them that way. https://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/001560492.html

Thanks, according to a neighbour of mine the aircraft was surveying locations for future wind farms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Seems to have been many mapping/surveying flights over the last few days.
    I guess good weather and so little other traffic makes it a good time to do. Quite a few off shore too. There's been a few night ones in UK too, complained about by residents. The operators cite more stable air at night. So many private planes/gliders etc out in the good weather it's probably less crowded at night.

examples Bioflight, BIO02 BIO05, RVL Aviation REV6AF, Ravenair RVR7ng,
    Private
    DIWAW, FGPXR, N980AE,

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/DIWAW

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Small plane flying around in the last hour or so - overhead Raheny/Sutton. Any ideas what this plane is? thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

G-WKTS (Beech 90 King Air) and HB-GLB(Beech B200 Super King Air) both running race track pattern, most probably both doing survey work. There was a Beech out of EGNX over on a recce flight last evening.

Advertisement