Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Ish66 wrote: »
    Why would Aer Lingus send an A330 to London and back {EI 179}. Not that busy is it ? They did it on the 8th of March too. Just curious !:confused:

That's been happening for months - to carry extra cargo, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

EchoIndia wrote: »
    That's been happening for months - to carry extra cargo, I think.
    Thanks. That trip would not even warm her up !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Ish66 wrote: »
    Why would Aer Lingus send an A330 to London and back {EI 179}. Not that busy is it ? They did it on the 8th of March too. Just curious !:confused:

I was wondering that myself. I thought it might have been to allow passengers actually socially distance whilst onboard.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Almost certainly for cargo capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Hogzy wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself. I thought it might have been to allow passengers actually socially distance whilst onboard.

Thats just an added benefit (it is done I believe). There should have been 14 or 15 A330s crossing the Atlantic each direction each day if not for COVID, now there's 2. All that cargo needs to get to the states via LHR with BA now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I was talking to a chap working for Lufthansa and he said they were rotating all their planes so they wouldn’t clock up the houses to require major service work. Wonder if that has any influence.

L-M wrote: »
    I was talking to a chap working for Lufthansa and he said they were rotating all their planes so they wouldn’t clock up the houses to require major service work. Wonder if that has any influence.

Maintenance schedules, leasing ts & cs, power by the hour contracts etc will all feed into it. Rolls Royce are suffering particularly badly right now, power by the hour was their baby and they're very heavily exposed as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

HTCOne wrote: »
    Maintenance schedules, leasing ts & cs, power by the hour contracts etc will all feed into it. Rolls Royce are suffering particularly badly right now, power by the hour was their baby and they're very heavily exposed as a result.

Yeah, he reckoned it was going to be September this year when it was going hit the fan, if things didn’t open during the summer again. It’s a pity really, I’ve already met an aircraft engineer from Shannon out of work. As in job gone, not just on Covid payment

This flight seems to be happening often always off the coast of Waterford and following the same pattern.

BIO02 from Chester https://fr24.com/BIO02/2716c044

It's some sort of survey flight, anyone know what they are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

There's a Qatar A330 on its way from Chateauroux to Dublin. Any idea why? A new plane for Aer Lingus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

ozzy jr wrote: »
    There's a Qatar A330 on its way from Chateauroux to Dublin. Any idea why? A new plane for Aer Lingus?

Yep, looks like it’s already in Aer Lingus livery.

Never saw one of these before on FR24
    Northrop RQ-4B Global Hawk
    https://www.flightradar24.com/FORTE10/2719e692

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

NoDrama wrote: »
    Never saw one of these before on FR24
    Northrop RQ-4B Global Hawk
    https://www.flightradar24.com/FORTE10/2719e692

That's been up a bit. Snooping for the Sputnik vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Is there a reason the STK43D didn't land in Donegal today and returned to Dublin just now?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Is there a reason the STK43D didn't land in Donegal today and returned to Dublin just now?

Likely down to poor weather and unable to get in.
    EIDL 171430Z 28003KT 1700 BR BKN003 OVC007 09/08 Q1038

Likely down to poor weather and unable to get in.
    EIDL 171430Z 28003KT 1700 BR BKN003 OVC007 09/08 Q1038

Hadn't occurred to me on one of the nicest days this year tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

What’s wrong with that weather?

smurfjed wrote: »
    What’s wrong with that weather?

Probably too low of a cloud base for approach at Donegal. Doubt there's even an ILS, probably a non-precision approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Think it’s an NDB only approach up in CFN. Need a cloud ceiling of at least 340’ or higher to be able to land there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Wow, NDB approaches in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

Runway 21 has a LOC and a NDB approach which both require a 340ft ceiling minimum.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Wow, NDB approaches in this day and age.

For an airfield with 4 commercial movements a day pre COVID its probably enough, although if there are any airlines out there willing to pay for an ILS for them I'm sure they'd be delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

An IL62 of Rada Airlines just landed in SNN. Once a very common type to see in irish skies on fuel stops in SNN now only a handful left operating.

HTCOne wrote: »
    For an airfield with 4 commercial movements a day pre COVID its probably enough, although if there are any airlines out there willing to pay for an ILS for them I'm sure they'd be delighted!

I noticed the other day while looking at charts for Sligo airport they've recently changed to GPS/RNP approaches for both runways with runway 10 being LPV capable, hopefully Donegal airport will get it's own GPS/RNP approaches in the near future.

I noticed the other day while looking at charts for Sligo airport they've recently changed to GPS/RNP approaches for both runways with runway 10 being LPV capable, hopefully Donegal airport will get it's own GPS/RNP approaches in the near future.

Possibly due the presence of a SAR helicopter in Sligo? Who knows but interesting, in that someone felt the need to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

BZ wrote: »
    An IL62 of Rada Airlines just landed in SNN. Once a very common type to see in irish skies on fuel stops in SNN now only a handful left operating.

Do you know when its leaving ?

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Do you know when its leaving ?

Last i heard was 0800 tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Last i heard was 0800 tomorrow morning

Their 2 IL62s rarely show up on FR24

Their 2 IL62s rarely show up on FR24

Could be tracked today but no details just that it was an IL62.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Could be tracked today but no details just that it was an IL62.

Yeah. Have only seen this showing as Rada once. They just show as IL62-MGR. The Russian Air Force ones often show the reg RA8xxxx.

Advertisement