Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Yeah. Have only seen this showing as Rada once. They just show as IL62-MGR. The Russian Air Force ones often show the reg RA8xxxx.

Just taxiing for departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Cheers, still a no-show on FR24.

Edit: Just popped up on take-off

Interesting one possibly on finals to SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bluezulu49

I've never seen a drone before on Flightradar24. New feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

OLIVE55 from Mildenhall https://fr24.com/OLIVE55/2723624b

• Advertisement

Anyone know why EI have 2 x A330s currently en-route to Atlanta from Dublin?
    EI-EIM & EI-EIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

EI-EIM & EI-EIN.

Operating cargo services.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If you put the flight numbers into the EI website it will list the flight

Any 4 digit EI flight number starting with 9 is freight only and the last 3 digits will match with the normal flight numbering schema

EIM/EIN flew out to Munich first

GAJ made the trip on Saturday

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

EI-EIM & EI-EIN.
    This will explain it;

https://flyinginireland.com/2021/03/aer-lingus-to-operate-cargo-flight-from-germany-to-the-usa/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Interesting.
    Munich = BMW
    Stuttgart = Mercedes/Daimler
    Both have factories in South Carolina which is next door to Georgia.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

TUI are also flying their 787s between the US and UK/Europe for the car manufacturers for months now just with cargo which is keeping them surprisingly busy.

2 Norwegian B738s en route from Dublin to Kazakhstan.

2 Norwegian B738s en route from Dublin to Kazakhstan.

These must be the 2 that were grounded there over the last 2 years.
    New operator I assume

Tenger wrote: »
    These must be the 2 that were grounded there over the last 2 years.
    New operator I assume

I thought they were MAX8s that were grounded in Dublin?

I thought they were MAX8s that were grounded in Dublin?

Bugger. Bad reading on my part. The post said "B738", my brain made the wrong connection to the 2 MAXs grounded in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

Fairly sure they had NGs in Dublin the last while too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭roadmaster

According to abs exchange a psni helicopters is over lough rea the reg is Reg.:G-PSNO. I presume this is an error?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

roadmaster wrote: »
    According to abs exchange a psni helicopters is over lough rea the reg is Reg.:G-PSNO. I presume this is an error?

Been showing that reg for a while now. It also appears to have made a trip to the Galway area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Forgot to add pic.

Spotted an An-12 on its way to Shannon over Newfie around 2pm today. Kinda expecting it to pop back ont radar any minute now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Alot of chatter fake news I guess that the aircraft operating into Belfast has been up-gauged due to extra demand in and out of Belfast due to RoI travel restrictions. Is there a wide-body operating LHR-BHD?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Spotted an An-12 on its way to Shannon over Newfie around 2pm today. Kinda expecting it to pop back ont radar any minute now...

Cavok?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Recliner wrote: »
    Cavok?

Answered my own question.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

theguzman wrote: »
    Alot of chatter fake news I guess that the aircraft operating into Belfast has been up-gauged due to extra demand in and out of Belfast due to RoI travel restrictions. Is there a wide-body operating LHR-BHD?

This morning's BA service was operated using an A321, but you won't find any widebodies in BHD.

An Air Corps Casa of the North East must be chasing British subs as it has a very erratic flight according to abs exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Ireland doesn’t have anything capable of finding submarines, even the naval vessels don’t have proper SONAR. Likely doing some kind of fishery patrol or training.

roadmaster wrote: »
    An Air Corps Casa of the North East must be chasing British subs as it has a very erratic flight according to abs exchange

Not generally their tasking

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Regular visitor to the park, whether CG or Air Corps copters most days at this time.

This was the lowest I've ever seen one fly in over the apartment.

Anyone know why it lands in there so often? St Mary's Hospital? Garda HQ? El Presidente?

549018.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hansanter

The designated landing area for St. James' Hospital is on the grounds of the old Kilmainham Hospital. The heli meets an ambulance there, which transfers the patient onwards to James'. The army sports ground nearby in the south eastern corner of the Phoenix Park is often used by Air Corps helis to collect and drop off passengers, more often the Pressie, Taoiseach or government ministers etc. but the odd time a medical transfer.

H./

• Advertisement

it seam to do a run to ballyjamesduff in cavan, could it of being a medical lift to the mater?

Advertisement