Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Looks like it’s just 2 A320neo joining the fleet for the moment. Another 2 expected to be acquired next year.

Pity it isn’t the 6 as rumoured, looks like Aer Lingus is staying true to form with its glacial speeds of progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭sherology

It does say it'll have 186 seats, in full EI livery, and compliment the a321lrs so hopefully they're standardize the brand as the glacier moves 😆.

https://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/aer-lingus-signs-deal-for-two-next-generation-short-haul-aircraft/

Does anyone know if theyll do ORK or SNN - LHR as well? EI says theyll do Ireland - LHR

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭moonshy2022

Im sure they will, but that’ll be up to EI ops and the planners.

They’ll be doing Heathrow as the charges for NEOs are 1/6th of the CEO. So huge savings for operators.

It will absolutely find its way onto SNN sooner rather than later considering two of the three daily flights are operated by Dublin based A320s.

Cork would probably have to wait until one is based there at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

ORK-AGP is also operated by a Dublin aircraft on a W rotation so might appear there in the same vein.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

At Dublin airport earlier waiting for a flight and overheard the Aer Lingus ground staff saying that over 12 flights have been cancelled today as pilots called in sick and there’s no sickness cover planned in and other pilots are all refusing to come in on their days off in an unofficial work to rule until their COVID pay cut is reversed. 

According to the ground staff the pilots are all super peeved with the airline and are passively trying to sabotage the operation until their pay is restored from what I could overhear, no one coming in on their days off when asked. The staff sounded quite bemused and supportive of the whole thing.

Apart from that, it was a total cluster at the airport with angry passengers everywhere, security quite quick though, busy but got through in about 20-25 minutes despite this. Inside the terminal is filthy, clearly all the cleaning staff are being redeployed to help coordinate the security queues, awful last impression of the country for any tourists leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭DubDani

Does anyone know if "Evening Before" check in with Aer Lingus can also be done on flights that will go onward after the EI part?

We are flying with EI to LHR on Thursday morning at 6:30 as part of a bigger trip to SEA with SQ (all one same ticket). As we will have two kids in tow I was planning to do the "Evening before" check in to give us a better chance to get through the Airport mayhem on the actual morning of the flight. Tried to contact EI, but no chance of getting a response from them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,498 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

Total guess here, but I'd say you should be? Worst case, you might need to get your SQ boarding card from transfer desk in LHR but they should be able to take your bags in Dublin and check them thru..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

Anyone now why ei deo was covering the Edinburgh flight this morning instead of the regional

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

LHR-SEA will be an SQ codeshare operated by VS

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi,

First time poster here. Two questions.

Is there a way to tell which aircraft will be used days in advance of the actual departure? For example today the aircraft used for the flight was EI-FNH. Yesterday it was EI-EAV. I'd like to know which aircraft will be used on 20th July.

Regarding the night before bag drop off, can I drop off bags for 5 different people and bring their passports with me? Or do the passengers themselves need to be in attendance when dropping off the bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭DubDani

One person can drop the bags for the whole family. Was there tonight to drop bags formour 6:30am flight tomorrow and was very easy and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's no way to know without working in EI, and there are security reasons why they wouldn't be allowed tell people.

At this stage, its unlikely even EI know for something that far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Cheers. The reason I ask is so I can know in advance/the night before if my flight will be delayed. Its the 7.40am to Malaga. Al use an A330-300 for this flight. But I've noticed the aircraft generally tends to arrive in from a US east coast destination and then on the Malaga. If I could see the night before that it was delayed departing the US, it would save a load of hassle the next morning getting up at the crack of dawn/spending hours hanging around Dublin Airport unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

That's not really how it works. Aircraft can have their schedule changed at short notice if there's a massive delay on an inbound flight for example.

Your theory could end up backfiring on you & you miss the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Phen2206

Indeed if the scheduled aircraft which is supposed to do your Malaga is late departing the US the evening before, they'll simply swap in an A330 which did arrive into Dublin in time for the Malaga and juggle the schedule around that way. I certainly wouldn't gamble not going to the airport, there's a high chance you'd miss your flight taking that risk.

Flight radar does have the aircraft it's going to use from around 10 o'clock the night before but as the others have said it can change which I have seen it change quite I few times

Off to be painted into aerlingus I assume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

EI104 JFK-DUB operated by -DUZ is returning to JFK. It flew past Halifax before making a 180 towards the US. Unknown why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭kindalen

Anyone know if it is likely Aer Lingus will add on more Dub-Nice flights for the week of the Halloween Midterm at the end of October/start of November? Thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Doubtful. They won’t suddenly add frequency unless they get more aircraft .

Summer schedule is as published up until Oct 29th. Then it switches to Winter schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭kindalen

Thanks, any idea when winter schedule will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

Today the Seattle route returned. X5 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I see its reported one -300 (EI-EDY) on UK reg is back on Irish register and the UK arm might swtich to -200s when they come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Noxegon

The five day a week thing caught me out. I have to travel there next week and am connecting through Keflavik because naturally enough I have to travel on one of the days that the flight doesn't operate.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Having 2 based A333s just for a daily MCO never made sense at Manchester for the summer.

Moving the -200s to MAN seems plausible, means DUB can remain an all -300 operation but I’m still of the opinion that a 2x A321LR and 1x A330 base makes more sense in the long run with rationalised frequencies on BGI/MCO + ability to run daily JFK/BOS services which seem more successful at the moment.

Loads on MCO remain abysmal with the British school holidays still over 2 weeks away. JFK on the other hand goes out close to full more often than not which suggests BOS could do well. The US carriers, including JetBlue will be interested in MAN next summer so I expect some decisions need to be made around it’s future at Aer Lingus soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭john boye

Found it odd during the summer how an A330 spent the whole day on Saturdays in MAN, especially on busy weekends like start of school holidays etc.

Advertisement