Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

knockon wrote: »
    Only 330 in SNN is LAX. I believe her next flight will be her last. Bit of work going on #2 Eng on Thursday

Wasn't it only in Toulouse before March?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Wasn't it only in Toulouse before March?

Bordeaux for a month in March, running of engines form part of storage at intervals. EI had to actually fly an empty A320 down and back from DUB to bring the 330 pilots to position LAX to SNN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

DUZ has just arrived in SNN for storage as well. Parked up behind DUO/LAX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

DUZ has just arrived in SNN for storage as well. Parked up behind DUO/LAX.

:(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Hilarious Ingrid must be on the internal email chain

I expect she actually is. No way she covers that beat without well placed internal sources.

EG. A Indo journalist used to work in check-in at the same time as a current senior Exec in EI. They joined together back in the late 90s. One left for journalism, the other stayed and climbed the ladder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI-ELA is 30 minutes out from Seoul in South Korea on a PPE mission

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI9031 EI-ELA is on the way home from ICN, eta 1445

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Anyone know what's been going on with YYZ? People over here have had bookings moved and cancelled multiple times, just noticed they took the first 2 weeks of September off the booking system too, starts on the 14th now but it's hard to trust their dates anymore. AC have commited to 3 flights a week, can't see why EI don't do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Doylers wrote: »
    Anyone know what's been going on with YYZ? People over here have had bookings moved and cancelled multiple times, just noticed they took the first 2 weeks of September off the booking system too, starts on the 14th now but it's hard to trust their dates anymore. AC have commited to 3 flights a week, can't see why EI don't do the same.

They (EI) might not yet know which aircraft will be available, in that decisions on how many 330s to mothball and for how long are likely still ongoing. They’re currently running 3 Trans Atlantic routes, only two of them on the 330. There’s only 4 A321LRs, decisions on where to send them are likely still being made too.

It's due to come back but being operated by an A321LR. They'd prefer to see Canada green-listed to allow travel, as such this is not the case so return of DUB-YYZ is being delayed inline with all other transatlantic routes excluding BOS/JFK/ORD.

14/09 is a provisional date as the schedule is amended in blocks of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

With no end to the current situation in sight, I do wonder how many aircraft will actually be needed over the winter, and whether any 330s at all will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

It's due to come back but being operated by an A321LR. They'd prefer to see Canada green-listed to allow travel, as such this is not the case so return of DUB-YYZ is being delayed inline with all other transatlantic routes excluding BOS/JFK/ORD.

14/09 is a provisional date as the schedule is amended in blocks of weeks.

Was the A321LR always planned or is that COVID related?

Was the A321LR always planned or is that COVID related?

For YYZ? No, it was a very busy route pre-Covid. In relation to addition to the fleet yes, it was an investment to allow Aer Lingus offer greater frequencies to some US Cities thus freeing up A330 aircraft for further growth opportunities.

The A321LR will now actually be crucial in allowing a build-up of US and Canadian routes post pandemic restrictions being the right size for the smaller market that will exist as it returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The A321LR will now actually be crucial in allowing a build-up of US and Canadian routes post pandemic restrictions being the right size for the smaller market that will exist as it returns.

Interesting enough the A321LR were constantly being used on the LHR morning and evening rotation. Possibly giving crews stick time to keep them current for when those aircraft are needed for TA ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Interesting enough the A321LR were constantly being used on the LHR morning and evening rotation. Possibly giving crews stick time to keep them current for when those aircraft are needed for TA ops.
    Can all the A320 (family) pilots not fly the A321 LR or is there a separate longhaul/short haul split in Aer Lingus?

Can all the A320 (family) pilots not fly the A321 LR or is there a separate longhaul/short haul split in Aer Lingus?

All A320 cockpit crew can fly on all A320 family aircraft (A320, A321 and A321LR) there is no specific licence to each airframe within the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

All A320 cockpit crew can fly on all A320 family aircraft (A320, A321 and A321LR) there is no specific licence to each airframe within the family.

I think the question was more related to the pilot pool. Would a short haul pilot do a T/A sector on the LR or is the pilot pool ring fenced?

I think the question was more related to the pilot pool. Would a short haul pilot do a T/A sector on the LR or is the pilot pool ring fenced?

They fly both European and East Coast on the A320 family fleet.

I stand corrected so. I thought I was told before that you had to qualify for TA ops.

I stand corrected so. I thought I was told before that you had to qualify for TA ops.

There's specific training for operating across the North Atlantic. There's no such rule with the later, A330 is associated with TA but also has previously operated intra-European service especially during peak summer.

Generally in EI, SFO's are placed on TA flying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Yes, that was my question, I know there's no physical difference between the family from a pilot or engineering point of view, I just wondered was there an operational difference from a crewing point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Yes, that was my question, I know there's no physical difference between the family from a pilot or engineering point of view, I just wondered was there an operational difference from a crewing point of view.

There are a few significant differences between them from a engineering point of view, theres even some significant differences between the 320 classic and enhanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

kona wrote: »
    There are a few significant differences between them from a engineering point of view, theres even some significant differences between the 320 classic and enhanced.

Are the engineers rated on individual types 320/321 in the family or is it one rating for all 320 family?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Are the engineers rated on individual types 320/321 in the family or is it one rating for all 320 family?

Theres 2 , one for 318/19/20/21 and another for the neo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

A friend of mine works for EZY and their pilots have to do a CBT course before they can fly their A21N, I'd imagine it's the same for EIN pilots.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Bsal wrote: »
    A friend of mine works for EZY and their pilots have to do a CBT course before they can fly their A21N, I'd imagine it's the same for EIN pilots.
    its generally called differences training, the number of differences will dictate how long the training takes. This applies to all aircraft and not just the 320 family, for example B777-200 and B777-200F.

As for the North Atlantic, due to the MNPS airspace, training is required, this used to be a couple of hours of ground school, but the airline might also incorporate it into their LOFT training.

Something we all knew. Cargo not pax but the politicians love a scape goat.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-lingus-services-to-us-full-of-cargo-not-people-says-ceo-39406389.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

smurfjed wrote: »

As for the North Atlantic, due to the MNPS airspace

I'll correct you there. Its not called MNPS, now its called NATS HLA!!

Admittedly I only found this out yesterday when I was "forced" to do the cbt before the 30th.:D:D

Now to do the Polar ops and South Atlantic cbt's........:eek:

https://ops.group/blog/did-you-know-mnps-is-over-meet-hla-the-new-north-atlantic-airspace/

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Growler!!! wrote: »
    I'll correct you there. Its not called MNPS, now its called NATS HLA!!

Admittedly I only found this out yesterday when I was "forced" to do the cbt before the 30th.:D:D

It's hard to keep up and also remember the differences with T9/T290 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

It appears EI got off lightly compared to other airlines within IAG. Less of a reduction than I would have expected

Advertisement