Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Are people really suggesting EI don't have to adapt to the current market conditions because the government should/would make up the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Graham wrote: »
    Are people really suggesting EI don't have to adapt to the current market conditions because the government should/would make up the difference?

No they are suggesting that staff shouldnt be expected to work for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Kcormahs wrote: »
    But also opting for making the staff take all the pains when during the profitability time Of millions for the last 5 years, this same staff shared zero of that same profit

This is the main problem, management even bragging about having so much cash at the start of the year that they are well shielded. 9 billion in cash, yet wont pay their staff, its a absoloute disgrace that they can even contemplate asking staff to work for free.

If theres no jobs or work, pay redundency and let people get on with their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭donkey balls

My crowd are doing the same thing we need to.cut here there every f**king where, The MD even named companies who would be customers of ours saying they are letting people go or taking massive wage cuts.
    Yes part of our business has being really impacted by the lock down while other parts made more money.
    Even with some of the restrictions lifted we have seen a jump in one sector that was more or less dead during the lockdown.
    Its typical big business with their union IBEC holding their hands, Never waste a good crisis to slash and burn employees T&C.
    We are also one of the most profitable operations throughout the world within the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I saw an AL payslip recently. From AL ; just over €110 for a fortnight + €700 from the government and there was no tax rebate ( Tax was W1 whatever that is and the tax+ Parsi still has to be paid on the €700). Nowhere near 30% of normal basic. I agree with Kona, pay redundancy to staff you don’t need and work the remainder as normal or as normal as can be for now. And recruit again as required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

kona wrote: »
    This is the main problem, management even bragging about having so much cash at the start of the year that they are well shielded. 9 billion in cash, yet wont pay their staff, its a absoloute disgrace that they can even contemplate asking staff to work for free.

If theres no jobs or work, pay redundency and let people get on with their lives.

I didn't see anything about staff working for free, may have missed it. Does anybody have a link to anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

imfml wrote: »
    I didn't see anything about staff working for free, may have missed it. Does anybody have a link to anything?

It was a situation if by some miracle this summer you worked 100% of your hours then you still would only get 75% of your pay. Something like that was in the original failed proposals.

Look up ingrid Miley’s tweets she posted the full document, or you can search this topic it may have been here too.

Basically what the previous poster said. You could in effect work a lot more hours than you were being for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Look up ingrid Miley’s tweets she posted the full document, or you can search this topic it may have been here too.

Basically what the previous poster said. You could in effect work a lot more hours than you were being for.

Auld Ingrid is not exactly a beacon for reliability!

Auld Ingrid is not exactly a beacon for reliability!

On this subject she was, I had seen and read the document by the time she had tweeted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EIK will join DAA and GEY at CQM over the next few days also entering long-term storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Has anyone managed to figure out if EIK is actually on EI's books?

LAX is still in Shannon

EIK has been on the AOC since May.

DUO on her way for to SNN for storage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭sherology

Jack1985 wrote: »
    EIK has been on the AOC since May.

DUO on her way for to SNN for storage now.

So that's all the -200s gone to long-term storage and likely gone from EI for good (thelingussource list is a bit hard to read on a phone)?

The only confirmed exit from the fleet is EWR. Everything that's in CQM or headed there is entering long-term storage and no further decisions have been made as of yet. DUO/LAX are staying in SNN for the time being, obviously things may change LAX is aging but that's where it stands now.

5 A330's will be kept operating to avoid storage with the remaining ones being stored on a rolling-basis in DUB.

ICN was cancelled again for Sat

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Hilarious Ingrid must be on the internal email chain

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Somebody should tell her that a nearly 14 yr old plane isn't brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

Somebody should tell her that a nearly 14 yr old plane isn't brand new.

I noticed that alright. The irony is they actually do have a new plane in storage in LRD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

john boye wrote: »
    I noticed that alright. The irony is they actually do have a new plane in storage in LRD.

It is minus a winglet so not currently flyable, unless that has changed in the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

EchoIndia wrote: »
    It is minus a winglet so not currently flyable, unless that has changed in the past few days.

Can they not fly minus a winglet with a performance penalty like the 330?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Any updates on the new EI regional routes out of Belfast? Confirmed or not?

HTCOne wrote: »

A320/A330/A340 winglet/wing tip fence there is a performance penalty on weights but its good to fly

A320 sharklet missing => grounded. If you removed both that might work but the sharklet is a big lump of wing area

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

Jack1985 wrote: »
    The only confirmed exit from the fleet is EWR. Everything that's in CQM or headed there is entering long-term storage and no further decisions have been made as of yet. DUO/LAX are staying in SNN for the time being, obviously things may change LAX is aging but that's where it stands now.

5 A330's will be kept operating to avoid storage with the remaining ones being stored on a rolling-basis in DUB.

Only 330 in SNN is LAX. I believe her next flight will be her last. Bit of work going on #2 Eng on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

knockon wrote: »
    Only 330 in SNN is LAX. I believe her next flight will be her last. Bit of work going on #2 Eng on Thursday

EI-DUO flew DUB-SNN on 17 July.

1123heavy wrote: »
    Any updates on the new EI regional routes out of Belfast? Confirmed or not?

I read on some paper that Stobart Group wouldn't be funding any expansion plans which included Belfast.

I believe it was removed on LRD due airframe vibration, they may be delaying a fix as it's not currently needed at the moment anyway.

The sharklet is a more integral part of the wing than the wing tip fence

A321Neo out of Dublin to the US is marginal at best until the new runway opens so any kind or performance penalty would mean insufficient range

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

EI published 7 regional routes out of Belfast on Thursday but quickly took them down

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

Jack1985 wrote:
    I believe it was removed on LRD due airframe vibration, they may be delaying a fix as it's not currently needed at the moment anyway.

Extensive damage from a lightning strike I heard, probably no rush on getting a replacement

Advertisement