Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

I am flying to Chicago next month on EI123 and on my itinerary it has an 11:35 take off from DUB and 14:00 arrival in ORD.

I was having a look at the flight flying today on FR24 and it has same time out but 15:00 arrival. I thought that was weird so I put in the flight today on Aer Lingus app to double check and it was correct but for some reason it gets an hour shorter for my flight in April.

Flight time goes from 9 hours 30 mins to 8 hours 25 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

There is only a 4 hour difference to the east coast at the moment, they changed their clocks a week or so ago, is this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LimaRomeo990

The flight times now have to take into account the time difference between IRL & US. From 7 March - 30 March for example we are 5 hours ahead of Chicago instead of 6. Hence for now it has the later arrival of 3pm.

USA clocks change 1-3 weeks before ours during March and early November so flight times will be altered for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Ah I see. I had a feeling that had something to do with it!

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Keeping that airframe as the spare made perfect commercial sense, choosing it for that livery less so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Daylight saving time is in play. The clocks changed in US few weeks back and only change this weekend in Ireland. So timetables have been changed for the duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LimaBravoTango

Has anybody recently purchased a subscription for the Irish Air Letter? I sent two emails, both over a month ago now but have yet to receive a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

I am receiving the magazine by email as usual and am not aware of any problems. Are you using this email?: ial.magazine@upcmail.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LimaBravoTango

That’s the one. Not receiving any response😕

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

Ei gaj coming back today must have just a small maintenance done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 WindyCity71

Some family members flew EI-125 DUB-ORD yesterday. EI-EAV was the aircraft. 1 toilet out of operation, sink/tap in another out of order for a good portion of the flight. An entire row of seats had broken screens as well. Flight was about 3/4 full so inconvenience wasn't major but not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭sherology

That's weird. It came back from Bordeaux heavy maintenance last week!!!

Yes but maybe the BOD checks do not cover such items?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Aren’t the checks in BOD, those that last 4 or so weeks, very heavy? Everything tends to be taken apart, checked over and put back together again with any issues found in the process sorted out?

It’s quite common to get an aircraft back from heavy maintenance and for a few ‘superficial’ issues to crop up in the following weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Strange I assume since they spent the flight going around checking on things they reported the issues to the crew - just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Crew/maintainence should be catching it before anyone boards tbh, if the IFE gives out in flight that's one thing but it seems like these were all pre-existing issues.

But it does vibe with the Aer Lingus motto "We're simply people who do everything we can for the people who fly with us." "It'll be grand".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anymore word on EI's XLRs and IAG recent withholding investment comments ? Or they just waiting for the labour court outcome ?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭moonshy2022

IAG have told Airbus not to paint the aircraft and decision needs to be in by end of April. IAG are serious about moving it to another airline.

Not a great industrial relations strategy by the company, if true. As a party to WRC/Labour Court proceedings, they don't get to dictate the timelines. The maxim that all IR disputes get settled in the end needs to be borne in mind and the company, rather than the pilots, has a lot to lose reputationally if they were to pull the whole A321XLR programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoisFharraige

It's shocking stuff from IAG management. I think this will end up setting the tone for the foreseeable in terms of industrial relations, and both sides know it. If the union ends up folding (which I don't think it will) IAG will see this as a feasible way of dealing with its crews. The COO of EI has already shown similar tactics of threatening crews last summer. I hope they meet in the middle either way, as I think the pilots' request is on the high side.

• Advertisement

If that’s true, and a decision needs to be made by April, then things are pretty bleak for Aer Lingus in IAG.

It would be seriously embarrassing for Aer Lingus and its reputation. Not only that, it doesn’t bode well for its long term prospects within the group; no XLRs, no wide body replacement, stalled short haul fleet renewal and minimum investment elsewhere which already feels very bare bones.

Some might say this is still an empty threat but it’s starting to look quite real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WindyCity71

Going round checking on things how? They were on the plane for 9 hours. The broken toilet was announced at the start of the flight. You don't have to be checking on things to notice an entire row of seatback screens that's inoperable. The busted sink was reported, it took several hours to be fixed - in flight.

They were also on a different plane than they booked. They reserved a row with the 2-3-2 config so 3 of them could sit together, they're seats were in a row of 4. I know this is common that AL switch out the 330s but my family aren't aviation enthusiasts so for them to notice means all this was obvious and not impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭moonshy2022

if it’s true ?

the story is now in the business section of the IT. I have posted a link but boards says it’s invalid even though separately it takes you to the article.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/2024/03/29/aer-lingus-moves-to-end-pilot-pay-row-and-secure-new-planes/

Well, thank you for sharing the link confirming.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Predatory behaviour by IAG and Embleton which shows shockingly poor leadership and which is bound to have a negative impact within the culture of EI in particular but also the group as a whole. It is very disrespectful of the Industrial Relations process and the Labour Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

If Aer Lingus get the XLR is there any indication where they'd fly it?

And what new routes it might open up if for example if it was to take over a route that normally something like an A330 previously flew allowing them to use that somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭sherology

It's scheduled to take over the MSP route from September, so if not arriving, that'll change things up a bit. No other info on route expansion but it has the legs to go to the Carolinas, Midwest and further into Canada.

MSP was publicly announced as going daily in the winter with the XLR. They’ll now have to compete with Delta’s 4 weekly (I think) 767 service.

It’s yet to be put on sale for winter would likely be the first casualty if the XLR isn’t delivered.

I imagine Airbus aren’t too happy either, the arrival of the first in service XLR is now being tainted by an industrial dispute so any marketing and planning on their part is being delayed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

to make an approach to make efforts to resolve the matter in advance of any hearing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

The threats mean nothing to pilots and currently has zero bearing on their position. It doesn’t make a lick of difference if they get the XLR or not. I mentioned before that it’s an odd position to take for IAG as it does nothing other than sour relations even more. It’s good a meeting has been scheduled but I wouldn’t expect any movement. It’s a terrible show of management skill that an industrial relations dispute process is being interfered with by IAG in this manner!

Advertisement