Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

Ei dvl and ei gam heading to Madrid as ei 2592 and 2590 not the usual ei990 today means there is 4 aircraft will be in Madrid that will be 5 aircraft away for maintenance

And now ei dvm aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Aircraft that have gone to MAD have come back with slight cabin refreshes, new seat pockets and dark grey seat covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭sherology

That's good to hear. You think they'll ever put those cool headrest covers on the SH fleet... Would give it an inexpensive brand lift, and a bit of texture. On LH, are they replaced after every flight (I assume not) or do they have a lifetime?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Yes the headrest covers would be a nice touch on SH. On LH the headrest covers are replaced after each sector by the cleaning teams. New ones are placed on for each passenger.

• Advertisement

Seems cork have gone back to 2 aircraft to cover the aircraft that have gone over but surely that should be only a few days

Ah... I guess there is a '€/time/eco cost' on SH then (4+ sectors per day).

The can see why airlines use color beadings/seams in the seat covers and headrest areas. Guess we'll see if EI do this when they do a proper restyle.

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭LimaRomeo990

The 3rd 320 in Cork had spare time anyway to cover. There isnt a full schedule ex Cork for 3 320 until June

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Antimacassars is the name for “cool headset covers”.

Thanks again... I'll never remember that 😀. Antibrylcreme covers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Aer Lingus are to take over the ground handling of BA @ DUB, and also Iberia/Vueling.

Could we ever see EI moving to T5 @ LHR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

That’s interesting and good to see EI win some competition especially away from Swissport.

I would imagine that if EI were to slot into T5 at LHR, BA would want to have an airbridge in T2 at DUB which is hard to see happening.

While the BA gates in DUB are out on to the apron, they are a very short walk to and from landslide and the front and rear doors are used which is helpful for turning the aircraft around speedily, especially since BA actually clean their aircraft between flights unlike EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭dublin12367

Whats the increase in route frequencies for this summer with the aircraft that would have been planned to operate the Dublin to Gatwick routes.

I’m aware Rome has got an additional flight per day but what else has increased as a result? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

T5 would never have the domestic gate capacity to handle the Aer Lingus operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭jwm121

Would that see them move to T2? Would guess not since the 300 gates are already uncomfortably packed constantly and 400 gates always leave aircraft waiting for space.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭x567

Maybe so with current operations, but perhaps not if BA/IAG/oneworld’s long game is to secure all of T5 and T3? For this, finding capacity for Skyteam in T2 and for Emirates (swap with QR?) would be the short term hurdles, but ultimately the ageing and inefficiently laid out T3 will need to be redeveloped next at Heathrow, so it perhaps needs a phased reduction in use to facilitate that. One of the logical masterplan options is to have a T5 D and E replacing T3, perhaps with some check in and arrivals processing in E as well as in A. If this is the strategy, it’s not that crazy to think that 3 T5A gates (which have quite flexible layouts near the N and S ends) could be allocated to EI if some more BA Euro-flights could go to T3 as others are moved elsewhere…

Just as a side note, cleaners attend every EI turnaround, and while a full clean is not done on quick turns a rubbish pick up is done on certain turns, this was at the request of a certain infamous executive a few years back.

The manpower probably does exist to improve this the willingness from above probably doesn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Qaanaaq

Do they also clean at outstations. Like after a long flight to the canaries? The aircraft must be pretty dirty after the flight down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭trellheim

Yes, I've always thought BA happily using front and back stairs at Dublin but at the other end at LHR it'd never happen so everyone has to wait for a single exit ( EI guilty of not bothering here as well )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

If IAG want to really start using LHR and DUB as a strong routing option going either way, then bringing EI into T5 would be a smart move. However, I believe that there are often 3 EI aircraft (maybe more) on the ground in LHR T2 at many times during the day, and T5 runs on lots of mad juggling of crews and aircraft during the day, with lots of stepping up of aircraft and crews in the terminal waiting for their next aircraft to be allocated based on the most efficient use of the gates and aircraft, especially if one is delayed.

There would then be a very strong Dublin London product for business pax, connections and route destinations. Feeding properly EI routes ex DUB and BA routes ex LHR. We can then only hope for proper integration into the One World programme.

• Advertisement

Yes longer sectors get a full clean at outstations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If flying to London, EI is the best choice, LHR T2 is nearer, calmer and the lounge setup is directly on top of the gates. EI OTP is better than BA's and a much lower cancellation rate. Plus EI will often move you to an earlier flight at LHR if you hold status, no questions its just offered at the lounge on entry

BA is best if you want to make a connection out of T5, but if its out of T3 EI is better as its a shorter connection

If you wanted to move things around putting EI into T3 at LHR would close a gap for connections there

This is all fantasy as the infrastructure in T5 struggles to cope today with the CTA flights and only T2 has CTA infrastructure. UK policy requires full security screening of all connecting passengers unless they are domestic UK that is the real problem with connections at LHR

Has there been any more discussion on true OneWorld membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Do Aerspace fares include fast track at LHR or is it just DUB? Different webpages say different things.

I've flown ex LHR a few times recently in Aerspace and had to explain my way into fast track each time as the boarding pass didn't automatically grant entry. The most recent time which the agent said Aerspace was made up and didn't exist!

https://windowseatpreferred.com/2023/04/aer-lingus-aerspace-dublin-to-london-a-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

The Privilege Style 332 doing DUB-BOS for the next few days.

Is that an extra flight or extra capacity (St. Patricks)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

A few A320’s were tech and 330’s had to cover some short haul flights last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Should be pointed out that EI are complying with an EASA directive related to CFM56's that has resulted in a number of AOG 320's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Myself and herself are flying to Boston tomorrow and got an email today from AL to say that we will be with Privilege Style. What should we expect in terms of service, comfort etc.?

Will it be much the same as AL just with different livery? I've seen some terrible reviews for short haul with Privilege Style but nothing on transatlantic.

• Advertisement

Ah. I was going to ask that as there were a good few 320ceos off to MAD the same week. Is it the arcing scars on some engines that had been through maintenance at an 'unnamed' engine MRO?

Advertisement