Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Big drops of rain in Kildare now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cooler air reaching here now, was 22C at 7pm, now 17C, a fairly big drop in less than 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Unreal day in cork city. Cloud coming in now but was sitting out all day. Was a dead, heavy, humid heat but really lovely and very strong at times. Loved it. Clouding over now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gonzo wrote: »
    cooler air reaching here now, was 22C at 7pm, now 17C, a fairly big drop in less than 2 hours.

Still 20c in Arklow at 930pm
    Wnw wind gusting to 30kmh and 20c at this hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Fairly pissing down in D5 now, good for the earth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

19.5c and the first drops of rain have just arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just started raining here. Had to run out + bring in all garden cushions! Is thunder expected tonight? Surely it's perfect thunder weather with big drop in temperatures?

What a bank holiday weekend. After an outstanding day at beach yesterday we got to repeat it again today. It's very rare that you have a day at coast in Dublin when it is roasting at 10am in morning but that was us today!

It really was unbelievable. By time we were home in afternoon it was clouding over but still roasting. It's amazing when we get good weather during a Bank Holiday when everyone can enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Today max

Phoenix Park 26 degrees
    Oak Park 25.9
    Mount Dillon 25.8
    Casement 25.4
    Grange 25
    Dublin Airport 25
    Mullingar 24.8

Raining now in cork city! Back to normality

It's like waking up in a different country, I don't feel like going jogging this morning for the first time in weeks.
    I really hope nice weather comes back eventually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Never thought I would say it but that is a lovely cool breeze this morning in Dublin 5. Still no rain though, hope the garden gets some rain today

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

No rain (so far) in Dublin 16. Looked at 12 hour radar loop and rain band parted as it passed over last night.

looks like it could be a nice evening in Dublin, 16c and sunny, that'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

A dull, breezy and cold morning in Kildare. It’s already depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lashing + I mean lashing here in North County Dublin!

Isnt Ireland mad when you think about it weather wise?

We go from hottest day of year to lashing rain, wind and huge drop in temperatures. The joy of being a small island on edge of Atlantic.

I dont know where Met Eireann is going with forecast of sun later by looking out my window right know. I don't mind though I think my little boy is delighted to have an excuse to watch tv + not go anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

A good dump of rain here in Cabinteely just now too. It'll probably not make a dent in the overall water deficit, but hopefully it gives the grass and greenery a bit of a reprieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Some light spits of rain yesterday evening in Donegal but never amounted to much. Back to that horrible cold northerly wind again today though. Leaves were all damaged in the strong wind we had a couple weeks back so this isn't going to help them recover :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Nice morning in Galway and feeling much fresher. Cloud about 5/6 octas so more shadow than sun, which is a bit of a shock to the senses I have to admit. Nothing more than a pointless light shower here yesterday evening that amounted to sweet f.a.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Nice bit of rain here in South Wicklow this morning and some overnight too. The plants are very happy with it. Still not overly cold or anything though, if the rain stopped it would be pleasant enough.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just 0.2mm here in Dublin 16 this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Bright and breezy in Castlebar. Not bad day at all. Much fresher though @ 14 degrees

Dry this morning in cork city. Drop in temperatures to about 15 degrees and there are some strong gusts of wind about. Overcast aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

There's definitely a trend toward unsettled and increasing signs of partial drought relief for the east coast most particularly in the 7-10 day period. However it is still too far out to be pinning hopes on for those who wish to see some drought relief that is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

There's definitely a trend toward unsettled and increasing signs of partial drought relief for the east coast most particularly in the 7-10 day period. However it is still too far out to be pinning hopes on for those who wish to see some drought relief that is

mid June is beginning to look very unsettled indeed, it will also be a good deal warmer than it is now, but if we get heavy showers or bands of rain it would still feel fairly cool, even with warm uppers. Overall June is looking like it will have at least average rainfall, maybe slight above if the wet ensembles verify. The UK is trending very unsettled as well, even the south-east of England looks set to see plenty of rain mid June.

Met eireann website outlook going with very dry weather from this Sunday onwards
    Gonzo wrote: »
    mid June is beginning to look very unsettled indeed, it will also be a good deal warmer than it is now, but if we get heavy showers or bands of rain it would still feel fairly cool, even with warm uppers. Overall June is looking like it will have at least average rainfall, maybe slight above if the wet ensembles verify. The UK is trending very unsettled as well, even the south-east of England looks set to see plenty of rain mid June.

Sod all rain in Dublin 5 so far today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Sod all rain in Dublin 5 so far today

A little bit of mist this morning in Dublin 8 but sun is out now and breezy so I'd say the little rain we got was of no use to the grass and plants etc...

appledrop wrote: »

We go from hottest day of year to lashing rain, wind and huge drop in temperatures. The joy of being a small island on edge of Atlantic.

I dont know where Met Eireann is going with forecast of sun later by looking out my window right know. I don't mind though I think my little boy is delighted to have an excuse to watch tv + not go anywhere!

I was staying in a small town in Western Australia in 2017 when it dropped from 42 degrees to a daytime high of 18 in a 24 hour period. It was a remarkable change in temperature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

appledrop wrote: »

i think Irish people have this idea that our weather is remarkably changeable. A lot of countries see more extreme and rapid changes regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Looking good for the weekend.. if it were December. :cool:

8bhntl8.gif

Might be a good idea for any gardeners to place pots with delicate flowers etc out of harms way this weekend, as that N/NW wind looks like it could be very blustery at times.

New Moon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement