Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farage highlighting illegal migration chaos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

"britain doesn't punish criminals well, so therefore attempts to stop more criminals arriving in Britain are awful"

I've said repeatedly that its on the harsh end of things, allowing them in is barbaric for the people of Britain, a solution to keep them in France or send them home is needed, if you have something better than shooting the dinghy's then I'm all ears.
    • Rejoin the EU.
    • Actively contribute to a coordinated effort to deal with the issue of migrants collectively rather than leaving it to the countries on the southern borders to deal with the issue.
    • Engage with governments in countries from which people are migrating to do more to prevent them leaving through providing some sort of ring fenced aid to help people who think a life threatening journey is a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

• Rejoin the EU.
    • Actively contribute to a coordinated effort to deal with the issue of migrants collectively rather than leaving it to the countries on the southern borders to deal with the issue.
    • Engage with governments in countries from which people are migrating to do more to prevent them leaving through providing some sort of ring fenced aid to help people who think a life threatening journey is a better option.

thats just a 'well pay for the problem anyway' response. Britain should be allowed to strictly enforce their borders, the EU has just laid down and accepted the migrants which is much worse. I'd literally rather a wall and sinking dinghies , these people need to be taught that there is 0 benefit and 100% risk in them coming to europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Rejoin the EU.
    F*ck all that

Just f*cking shoot them

thats just a 'well pay for the problem anyway' response. Britain should be allowed to strictly enforce their borders, the EU has just laid down and accepted the migrants which is much worse. I'd literally rather a wall and sinking dinghies , these people need to be taught that there is 0 benefit and 100% risk in them coming to europe.

And do you think Britain should bear any responsibility for the role which it played in unsettling the countries (recently and not so recently) which has led their occupants to the place where they are in such turmoil where people are looking to leave?

Why should a country be able to rampage around the planet for centuries and then adopt a 'wall and sinking dinghies' to relatively small numbers of people?

And if they are getting a free house and so on and so on, why not call for adjustments to the process of asylum adjudication and benefits so that it is less attractive for people to try to travel to the UK or is the Rambo approach the only one that interests you?

The conservatives have been in power for ten years now in the UK, if there is an issue with the system, they need to start owning it. Or as I suspect, is this just another way to distract people as they continue to try to focus on their own desires and that of their mates who helped get them to where they are.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    F*ck all that

Just f*cking shoot them

Cool contribution, definitely a nuanced, well thought out approach. Can see that solving all problems. No doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

The forum charter states: “Do not post threats or state or imply that any individual or group is deserving of harm.”

I would greatly appreciate if a Mod would enforce that rule on this thread.

KiKi III wrote: »
    The forum charter states: “Do not post threats or state or imply that any individual or group is deserving of harm.”

I can't speak for other posters but I implied shooting the dinghy's.
    trying to get me carded doesn't mean you won the argument.

I can't speak for other posters but I implied shooting the dinghy's.
    trying to get me carded doesn't mean you won the argument.

I fully expect and hope that you and Billy will be carded because you’re both very clearly violating the forum charter, but this isn’t about who wins an argument.

I’m not going to argue with you over whether human beings who have harmed no one deserve to drown.

I fully expect and hope that you and Billy will be carded because you’re both very clearly violating the forum charter, but this isn’t about who wins an argument.

I’m not going to argue with you over whether human beings who have harmed no one deserve to drown.

despite you repeatedly personally attacking me and being uncivil which are both also against the charter, I have decided not to report your posts as Im a bigger man than that and don't need to hide behind moderation to make my points.

I think ill just have a wide berth in responding to your emotive style of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

The post supposedly advocating violence was from a leftie who was mocking who advocating immigration control so yeah no charter was violated just a reminder that sarchaism is often not apperent online.

• Advertisement

despite you repeatedly personally attacking me and being uncivil which are both also against the charter, I have decided not to report your posts as Im a bigger man than that and don't need to hide behind moderation to make my points.

I think ill just have a wide berth in responding to your emotive style of posting.

Says the lad advocating shooting dinghies.

Just had a quick reread of the last couple of pages and I can stand over everything I’ve posted. Report away, I don’t think I’ve said anything that would warrant a card but I’ll take one if so.

You are suggesting the indiscriminate killing of people on dinghies who have - as far as you know - committed no crime. I’ll reiterate what I’ve said; I think you should take some time to reflect on what that says about your humanity. It takes a huge level of hatred to wish death on someone who has done you no harm, and I think you should seek guidance on how to deal with all that.

You’re on here day in day out posting about immigrants and people in social welfare and it strikes me as someone deeply unhappy with their own lot and content to spend their life complaining on the internet instead of improving things for themselves. I feel quite a degree of compassion for you in one way, but I don’t think views like the above should go unchallenged.

For the record, I was being sarcastic

Sure you'd have to be a right nasty d!ckhead to suggest state sanctioned murder of people looking for a better life is a viable way of curbing illegal immigration

Sure you'd have to be a right nasty d!ckhead to suggest state sanctioned murder of people looking for a better life is a viable way of curbing illegal immigration

Apologies, I didn’t pick it up in context. Just Cartman suggesting drowning people so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Blatant open racism and wishing harm on others. Utterly depressing really for a country that considers itself modern and progressive.

kenmm wrote: »
    Blatant open racism and wishing harm on others. Utterly depressing really for a country that considers itself modern and progressive.
    Despite making hundreds if not thousands of posts criticizing black and brown people they'll still try and claim that they're not actually racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I can think of some words for people that insinuate other posters were suggesting anything other than a deterrent to stop further crossings from taking place.

Perhaps the kindest would be virtue-signalling.

For example one could argue the result of not punishing these crossings in anyway only fuels attempts at more crossings which directly leads to more deaths.

Things that aren't safe we don't allow under penalty of law often times.

2u2me wrote: »
    I can think of some words for people that insinuate other posters were suggesting anything other than a deterrent to stop further crossings from taking place.

For example one could argue the result of not punishing these crossings in anyway only fuels attempts at more crossings which directly leads to more deaths.

I have no issue with deterrents.

I have a massive issue with indiscriminate killing being the deterrent.

I'm happy to talk about tougher border controls, limits on immigration, tougher sentences on fraud, but when the 'debate' turns to suggestions of condoning violence and murder (to send a message) or using terminology that equates Africans and other nationalities to another species then I will call it out.

You can try and generalise that as virtue signaling if it makes you feel better, but racism is not something I am particularly comfortable with.

I have no issue with deterrents.

I have a massive issue with indiscriminate killing being the deterrent.

No issue with deterrents? Awesome.

So you agree that people who attempt to illegally enter a country should suffer the full consequences of their actions and be immediately deported?

Or do you mean something else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

kenmm wrote: »
    I'm happy to talk about tougher border controls, limits on immigration, tougher sentences on fraud, but when the 'debate' turns to suggestions of condoning violence and murder (to send a message) or using terminology that equates Africans and other nationalities to another species then I will call it out.

You can try and generalise that as virtue signaling if it makes you feel better, but racism is not something I am particularly comfortable with.

Perhaps using the quote button the next time you call someone out would save a lot of confusion.

Perhaps using the quote button the next time you call someone out would save a lot of confusion.

If you go back a couple of pages, you will see that I did..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You're literally advocating murder here. You'd actually prefer these people to die that to have to share a landmass with them.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

You're literally advocating murder here. You'd actually prefer these people to die that to have to share a landmass with them.

I would prefer if the EU could stop them entering europe at all. As I've stated multiple times its a harsh method but something in that level of effectiveness is needed to keep them out of Britain and stop those boats coming.

if there was something that didn't have the negative PR of shooting boats but made the migrants go 'not worth it at all' that would be best

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I would prefer if the EU could stop them entering europe at all. As I've stated multiple times its a harsh method but something in that level of effectiveness is needed to keep them out of Britain and stop those boats coming.

You have no idea if it would be effective or not, you'd just prefer to have these people murdered than in your country.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

You have no idea if it would be effective or not, you'd just prefer to have these people murdered than in your country.

To be honest, if those are my only choices, yeah...

id prefer them to be back in their own country / looked after by their own culture, but you hand me they come here or murder and I'm not picking come here.

id prefer them to be back in their own country / looked after by their own culture, but you hand me they come here or murder and I'm not picking come here.

I'm going to be honest, that's absolutely disgusting.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Would you be okay with them murdering you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »

If I tried to illegally invade their country and bring an ideology that was dangerous to the natives/majority of that country , sure.

the biggest reason Im opposed to them coming is the safety of our country. As an ideology islam is, I believe, the largest ideological threat to the western world at this time.

Advertisement