Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R TT....Round 2 - 1 mile TT, Saturday May 30th *** please read post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Great stuff with the organising lads and good to see the interest being shown on this; great continuation from TT #1.

Getting close now; at some point a week today we will get that feeling of intense burning in the legs and wanting the mile to be over before caughing up our lungs for for few minutes!

Has anyone checked the weather forecast yet??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Two quick ones:-

1 - I don't have to do anything else on Strava right? I think Skyblue can see me and that's enough? I don't have to make myself more public? :pac:

2 - I just program a mile into the watch, go and stop when it beeps at me (after the little warning beeps)? I don't have to do any extra 0.01 of a mile or anything?

The neck of me I know :D. But just coz I'm down the back doesn't mean I'm not taking it seriously :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lazare

What sort of stuff are people doing today or tomorrow?

Am just thinking some strides on the end of a longish easy run?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Lazare wrote: »
    What sort of stuff are people doing today or tomorrow?

Am just thinking some strides on the end of a longish easy run?

I've got a 5k TT tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Another lad with a PA

Please relay our thanks :)

TbL

He got ambushed on a zoom chat. Murph did the enrolling on his behalf just in case he ‘forgot’.

• Advertisement

I've got a 5k TT tomorrow :)

I was pondering doing the 5k TT that I missed but decided against it. Will prob do it in two weeks time.

Didn't want to risk missing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭woody1

Feck thought it was this weekend delighted it's not because I made a tit of it. Set the Garmin for a mile but didn't bother stopping it I assumed it would stop itself or record the mile effort but no so I added 30 odd seconds of walking on to it. It wasn't a great attempt either went faster in the 5k .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

@Lazare

Not recommending it but I was supposed to do a 1,200 m TT at faster than mile pace yesterday. Ended up being 70 meters short because I stopped the watch too early. Misread 1.13 km on my watch as 1.3 km and in a moment of idiocy thought I'd gone too far.

That said I think I got out of the run what I'd hoped. I achieved faster than target MP just about over the run and had the wind almost on my back when I finished so I wasn't going to be slowing down too much.

It didn't stop me cussing myself out of it and as punishment I threw out 2x400 m on the way home (one at MP and the other faster again). Not recommending that either :pac:

I think on reflection I'm close to where i hoped I'd be I think. But I'm certainly no expert. Hopefully I don't do anything incredibly stupid next week and finally reach the Holy Land.

Next week will be taken handy enough from my perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Going to do a 5k TT wed, easy running and strides other days, mile sat

@Lazare

Not recommending it but I was supposed to do a 1,200 m TT at faster than mile pace yesterday. Ended up being 70 meters short because I stopped the watch too early. Misread 1.13 km on my watch as 1.3 km and in a moment of idiocy thought I'd gone too far.

That said I think I got out of the run what I'd hoped. I achieved faster than target MP just about over the run and had the wind almost on my back when I finished so I wasn't going to be slowing down too much.

It didn't stop me cussing myself out of it and as punishment I threw out 2x400 m on the way home (one at MP and the other faster again). Not recommending that either :pac:

I think on reflection I'm close to where i hoped I'd be I think. But I'm certainly no expert. Hopefully I don't do anything incredibly stupid next week and finally reach the Holy Land.

Next week will be taken handy enough from my perspective.

Ah no, sick about the 1200. Good that you got something out of it though.

You sound ready.

I ended up doing 10 mile steady, about 8 beats or so above 'easy' then 8 strides.

Strides felt really good.

May do another bunch of them around Wed, easy peasy other than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

5k TT this morning just to confirm how far behind I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

P2P course on a day with 25mph winds. This could well be sandbagging of the highest order.Not buying anyones sneaky tactics this close to game day :P

(Well done this morning man still a very solid run)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

KSU wrote: »
    P2P course on a day with 25mph winds. This could well be sandbagging of the highest order.Not buying anyones sneaky tactics this close to game day :P

(Well done this morning man still a very solid run)

Might need to sneak out to Griffith Ave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Did a one mile time trial today as part of group thing with my club. Came home in 6:10 so have to revise my predicted time downwards. I’ll have a craic at going for 6:00 next weekend but will probably fail, mess up the pacing and be slower than I was today....can’t be hauling the sandbags around and will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Sorry, I'm going to have to give this one a miss. Hammer is still not right.

Best of luck to all next Saturday. I think some of those targets could best be described as "conservative" :pac: Feeling very fat and slow lately myself, so "even" sub 6 might have been beyond me. Next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Same here, though it's all relative :D

Sorry, I'm going to have to give this one a miss. Hammer is still not right.

Best of luck to all next Saturday. I think some of those targets could best be described as "conservative" :pac: Feeling very fat and slow lately myself, so "even" sub 6 might have been beyond me. Next time!

Sorry to hear J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Ran a 5:22 mile in a session yesterday. Can I count that for next week? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

diego_b wrote: »
    Did a one mile time trial today as part of group thing with my club. Came home in 6:10 so have to revise my predicted time downwards. I’ll have a craic at going for 6:00 next weekend but will probably fail, mess up the pacing and be slower than I was today....can’t be hauling the sandbags around and will give it a go.

Nice TT. Whatever you’re doing at the moment is working!

healy1835 wrote: »
    Ran a 5:22 mile in a session yesterday. Can I count that for next week? :)

What will you aim for in TT? cant imagine running 5.22 in a session...I do 6.15 reps and it hurts

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    What will you aim for in TT? cant imagine running 5.22 in a session...I do 6.15 reps and it hurts

Ha! No, I'm running a 10k next Saturday (change of plan) so just gonna count my fastest mile from that. Won't be a 5:22, and if it is, then the mother of all blow ups is coming :)

Ha! No, I'm running a 10k next Saturday (change of plan) so just gonna count my fastest mile from that. Won't be a 5:22, and if it is, then the mother of all blow ups is coming :)

What would you aim for? Sub 4?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    What would you aim for? Sub 4?

I presume by 4 you mean 5 :) yeah probably would have had a rattle at it alright...

Everyone is going to have such a pleasant experience I suspect it will be voted in again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Ha! No, I'm running a 10k next Saturday (change of plan) so just gonna count my fastest mile from that.

Boooo :pac:

I was predicting 4:40s for you. You'll have to have a go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Unfortunately I am going to pull the plug too guys. I ran a 1 mile time trial yesterday and despite the slightly dodgy course I was happy with the time but the legs need a break now after three recent time trials. Best of luck to all, I will be following all the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

pconn062 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I am going to pull the plug too guys. I ran a 1 mile time trial yesterday and despite the slightly dodgy course I was happy with the time but the legs need a break now after three recent time trials. Best of luck to all, I will be following all the results.

Some time you ran to, wind assisted or not!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    Some time you ran to, wind assisted or not!!

Thanks B, was good fun....sort of!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

pconn062 wrote: »
    Thanks B, was good fun....sort of!

Pity you’re out, two questions;

1. Did your tea cosy stay on, and

2. What time did you run?

TbL

• Advertisement

Pity you’re out, two questions;

1. Did your tea cosy stay on, and

2. What time did you run?

TbL

My tea cosy was considered a hazardous item in the wind so remained at home in the drawer. I ran 4.42....with a tailwind!

Advertisement