Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough of this lockdown am I the only person feeling like this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

As if i didn't hate FFG enough but i absolutely detest them after all of this they made an absolute balls of this, they have completely and utterly failed this country yet some gullible people actually think they are doing a good job, beggars belief.

An absolute shambles of a goverment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭mulbot

GazzaL wrote: »
    I've been in what is normally one of the busiest public hospitals in the country multiple times throughout the lockdown. The place is deserted.

Same as a major hospital in the southeast, eerily empty.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What if he has an accident at work or on the way to work, or at home. Is it ok then ?.

If anyone has to be involved in an accident and use up vital resources, it’s better if the journey was essential as opposed to non-essential, so yes, the would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Same reply to a domestic violence sufferer, yes?

Strawman nonsense, and you know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Well do it then and stop talking about it.

Calm yourself down please I am not being rude to anybody.

I have posted in a respectful way thank you.

• Advertisement

None, but what if you're involved in a car accident? and emergency services need to assist/rescue you? And then you need hospital treatment? That'll be 1 less bed for a patient with Covid-19.

Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I've been in what is normally one of the busiest public hospitals in the country multiple times throughout the lockdown. The place is deserted.

This is good,goes to show how many used to present there when they really didn't need to.
    The trolley crisis disappeared overnight.

Anyhow op,why did you feel the need to come onto boards to declare that you are deciding to go for a spin in the country this weekend? You could have done it and said nothing. What if you are involved in an accident,then you'll get even more attention than you are getting here,that might make you happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

If anyone has to be involved in an accident and use up vital resources, it’s better if the journey was essential as opposed to non-essential, so yes, the would be ok.

Sound mental health is essential to. This lockdown is going to create serious mental health issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

People from the North free to move all over Ireland.
    Scab slave labour being flown in on flights.

Travellers totally free to do what they want when they want where they want.

I am working long hours which are deemed essential.

I am going to get out for a decent drive this weekend and head for a beauty spot and get out for a walk and enjoy the sun.

Before you shut me down mods can you answer what harm I will be doing?

This is a discussion forum we are not living in China or North Korea.

Do it. If the weather is decent I’ll be doing the same. Absolutely no need for full lockdown any longer. Fcuk the begrudgers.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Strawman nonsense, and you know it.

No different than someone suggesting if the OP has an accident. Selective bias to what constitutes a strawman I suppose.

• Advertisement

None, but what if you're involved in a car accident? and emergency services need to assist/rescue you? And then you need hospital treatment? That'll be 1 less bed for a patient with Covid-19.

There’s plenty of beds available at the moment. Hospitals are practically empty.

This is good,goes to show how many used to present there when they really didn't need to.

Anyhow op,why did you feel the need to come onto boards to declare that you are deciding to go for a spin in the country this weekend? You could have done it and said nothing. What if you are involved in an accident,then you'll get even more attention than you are getting here,that might make you happy.

Sure if no one felt the need to declare their thoughts on Boards it would become redundant, no?

I posted this because I am a decent person and like many others this lockdown is leaving me feeling depressed.

I am driving everyday to work and back and then on the day off I drive to the supermarket.
    I work with major plant moving about in what is considered a high risk work place.
    Telling me one drive to a secluded place to have a little walk is the sun is too risky is just silly be honest with yourself think about what you are posting.

If we had a real lockdown I might buy into your thinking but come on really?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

You get VIP treatment in there at the moment. There are undoubtedly many people who need medical treatment who are not receiving it at the moment too though.

We're paying €115m per month to control the private hospitals which are lying empty while patients go untreated: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/calls-to-revisit-private-hospital-deal-as-beds-lying-empty-despite-115m-per-month-cost-to-taxpayer-996616.html

Sound mental health is essential to. This lockdown is going to create serious mental health issues.

Here's the thing,a lot of people who normally would spend their time sat around watching telly are now out walking.
    Others suddenly feel the need to turn into Dora the explorer when they're normal routine was previously buying a few cans and watching chat shows and Netflix.
    People can get out and about,yes there's restrictions but it's not as if people are having their doors and windows nailed shut.

Here's the thing,a lot of people who normally would spend their time sat around watching telly are now out walking.
    Others suddenly feel the need to turn into Dora the explorer when they're normal routine was previously buying a few cans and watching chat shows and Netflix.
    People can get out and about,yes there's restrictions but it's not as if people are having their doors and windows nailed shut.

Got a link to your in-depth study of peoples normal vs pandemic activities?? Must be a fascinating read.

Here's the thing as I see it, I don't have the right to tell someone how they should feel mentally and I honestly don't think you have the right either.

You get VIP treatment in there at the moment. There are undoubtedly many people who need medical treatment who are not receiving it at the moment too though.

We're paying €115m per month to control the private hospitals which are lying empty while patients go untreated: https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/calls-to-revisit-private-hospital-deal-as-beds-lying-empty-despite-115m-per-month-cost-to-taxpayer-996616.html

Total scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,879 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People from the North free to move all over Ireland.
    Scab slave labour being flown in on flights.

Travellers totally free to do what they want when they want where they want.

I am working long hours which are deemed essential.

I am going to get out for a decent drive this weekend and head for a beauty spot and get out for a walk and enjoy the sun.

Before you shut me down mods can you answer what harm I will be doing?

This is a discussion forum we are not living in China or North Korea.

If you look at the news and there are three murders / robberies/ assaults , do you think it’s ok to think... “ everyone is doing it, why can’t I ? “. When all this is over, be able to hold your head up and say... “despite the frustration, hardship, boredom etc. I stood up to be counted by doing the right thing. I put my country and it’s wellbeing above my own needs and instincts and also prevented others from being influenced by my potential wrong decisions., I did MY bit to keep people safe and healthy”

Not living in China or Korea but if things go tîts up here you will sure as shît wish you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

I'm tired of people saying it's no big deal. A lot of people are suffering. It's not easy to be cut off from friends and family and only allowed walk around the block.

• Advertisement

People are being constantly told that if they need to go to hospital to just go. People can queue up at 7am for a fecking fire pit at Aldi but suddenly avoid a hospital. Go figure.
    The private hospital thing while at the start was a genuine idea should be scrapped, it's not needed as generally the population have done the right thing and by that have stopped hospitals being overrun. The fear was that we'd end up like Italy but luckily we avoided that so let the private hospitals go back to their own business and do away with the shedloads of cash we are throwing their way.

Strumms wrote: »
    If you look at the news and there are three murders / robberies/ assaults , do you think it’s ok to think... “ everyone is doing it, why can’t I ? “. When all this is over, be able to hold your head up and say... “despite the frustration, hardship, boredom etc. I stood up to be counted by doing the right thing. I put my country and it’s wellbeing above my own needs and instincts and also prevented others from being influenced by my potential wrong decisions., I did MY bit to keep people safe and healthy”

Not living in China or Korea but if things go tîts up here you will sure as shît wish you were.

You're talking to someone who by their own words are working long shifts in a hazardous environment, he's going to work paying taxes that will help support the health service. What are you doing?

I think it's grand..could go another 6 months..

I think it's grand..could go another 6 months..

You think the €350 pandemic payment will go on that long? lol.

I'm tired of people saying it's no big deal. A lot of people are suffering. It's not easy to be cut off from friends and family and only allowed walk around the block.

In fairness, I'd love a good session with my mates. I actually couldn't really be bothered drinking at home so the whole zoom party scene isn't for me. Much rather a night in the pub but I'm prepared to wait.

Strumms wrote: »

Come off the stage. Not everyone is happy to sit on their hands while their countrymen's lives are being destroyed and our economy which is vital to fund our health service is burned to the ground. Sitting at home watching Netflix is absolutely **** all good for the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,879 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You're talking to someone who by their own words are working long shifts in a hazardous environment, he's going to work paying taxes that will help support the health service. What are you doing?

I’m sitting here, socially distancing as instructed. Respecting the health, wellbeing and so on of those around me and further afield by adhering to the law. That’s all you need to know.

It's the "I'm alright Jack" attitude. They have no problem sitting around getting €350 into their bank account, so they don't give a toss about anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭This is it

Get a grip of yourself ffs.

No, you're not the only one suffering. The whole country, the whole world, is.

• Advertisement

The op is only one person who wants a trip out the country, grand. The only problem is that there's probably thousands more with the same idea.
    That is why we have checkpoints everywhere.

Advertisement