Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more cash refunds, Goverment wants to forse a voucher on you.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Chatbot seems to be a complete waste of time. Had it on all day and heard nothing back :(

What's the next best thing to do? Email just?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

got the email offering me the vouceher

yawn

its only 97e so not wasting a quarter of it on Paddy's much mentioned SCP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Looked back through thread but can't find definitely where i should click/go to when Ryanair's voucher email arrives. The request cahs refund link brings me to a page about using the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

podge018 wrote: »
    Looked back through thread but can't find definitely where i should click/go to when Ryanair's voucher email arrives. The request cahs refund link brings me to a page about using the voucher.

You click on the request cash which brings you into the voucher appreciation page and in the bottom of that there is the button to chat and you have to chat...and then the chat lasts 24hours of a queue session....

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

You have to go to the chatbot, ask a question and then tell it it didn't answer your query and you need to contact someone.
    You're then put in a queue where they don't tell you where you are in it or how long.
    I did get an answer yesterday after 90 minutes and requested a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

podge018 wrote: »

I got the same email it's just designed to frustrate you so that you end up clicking on the other link and accepting the voucher,

Has anyone got an email address for customer support at Ryanair can't seem to find one??

sohappy wrote: »
    I got the same email it's just designed to frustrate you so that you end up clicking on the other link and accepting the voucher,

Has anyone got an email address for customer support at Ryanair can't seem to find one??

This is what you get when you try to respond to the email address which offers the voucher:
    Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full) (in reply to end of DATA command)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

This is what you get when you try to respond to the email address which offers the voucher:
    Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full) (in reply to end of DATA command)

Yeah tried to reply to the email and it bounced back,

Posted yesterday.....

https://contactform.ryanair.com/

This link will bring you to complaints and then you have to choose general other as everything else brings you to the refund link which doesn't work ...
    If you want to complain through post below is the way to do it ...

If you don’t want to use our online Complaint form, you can post us a letter instead.
    Please include all information so that we can deal with your complaint as efficiently as possible:
    · Your full name (as displayed on your ticket)
    · Your booking reference
    · Flight details (date and flight number)
    · Your preferred contact details; email address, phone number or postal address
    · Details of the complaint, along with the names of any of our Ryanair staff that you spoke to at the time.
    Please send via post to the below address and we will respond to you within 15 working days:
    Ryanair Customer Service Department, PO Box 11451, Swords, Co Dublin, Ireland

anyone open a dispute with Paypal where flight was paid for through Paypal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭YakerK

I used the Chat-bot, got onto a real person within about 5 minutes of clicking "I want to talk to an service agent" option and they told me that they've added me to the queue for a refund - quick and painless process to be honest.

Just need to wait and see how long it takes the cash to turn up in my Bank Account though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

dave13 wrote: »
    You have to go to the chatbot, ask a question and then tell it it didn't answer your query and you need to contact someone.
    You're then put in a queue where they don't tell you where you are in it or how long.

Seriously folks,
    Why are you trying to talk to Ryanair?

They have stated on their web site that you are not getting your money back until Michael O'Leary has decided Covid has passed.

"Can I receive a cash refund instead of voucher?
    You can request a cash refund however bear in mind we will place
    your request in the cash refund queue until the COVID-19 emergency has passed. "
    https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/refund-voucher

No operator in a call centre is going to change this policy.

You want your money back you need to move today before Heather Humphreys changes the law!:

1. Chargeback....AIB/PTSB have said no. N26 Yes.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058069347

2. CAR (Commission for Aviation Regulation). Ignore 6 week delay,lodge complaint today.
    https://www.flightrights.ie/home/complaint-procedure.452.html

3. Small claims court. €25 non refundable fee. Airline response in 15 days.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058071799

4. Travel insurance. Depends on policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

dave13 wrote: »

Just type live agent, and it puts you in queue

Just type live agent, and it puts you in queue

Refunds: Why engage in the Ryanair's obstacle course game?

This game is designed to make getting a refund as difficult as possible.
    They want to flog you a crappy voucher.

All you are legally required to do is inform Ryanair that you want a refund.

You don't have to log on to the website, fill the refund form, talk, email, chat bot or any other form of engagement with Ryanair.

Take a sheet of your best paper and finest quill and write the following:

Dear Michael O'Leary,
    I am disappointed that you are making it so difficult to get a get my money back from Ryanair.

I have no interest in your crappy vouchers.

Please process a cash refund within 7 days per EU261 cancelled flight regulation to the credit card I used when I booked the flights.

Booking Reference:

This refund is for all passengers and flights on this booking.

Your sincerely a truly cheesed off customer.

Name

Send it to:

Refund department.
    Ryanair Customer Service Department,
    PO Box 11451,
    Swords,
    Co Dublin,
    Ireland

Keep a copy.

That's all you need to do for the SCC or CAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Thingymebob

gct wrote: »
    Has anybody claimed their money back through travel insurance? Could I claim My money back this way? I'm guessing the travel insurance company will make it extremely difficult for me!

We got a refund through travel insurance for St Patrick's weekend, based on DFAs recommendation of “Essential Travel Only”. Our flights were €160, our excess was €90pp so we got €70pp returned to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,307 ✭✭✭✭ted1

paddy19 wrote: »

Define response......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Seriously folks,
    Why are you trying to talk to Ryanair?

They have stated on their web site that you are not getting your money back until Michael O'Leary has decided Covid has passed.

"Can I receive a cash refund instead of voucher?
    You can request a cash refund however bear in mind we will place
    your request in the cash refund queue until the COVID-19 emergency has passed. "
    https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/refund-voucher

No operator in a call centre is going to change this policy.

You want your money back you need to move today before Heather Humphreys changes the law!:

1. Chargeback....AIB/PTSB have said no. N26 Yes.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058069347

2. CAR (Commission for Aviation Regulation). Ignore 6 week delay,lodge complaint today.
    https://www.flightrights.ie/home/complaint-procedure.452.html

4. Travel insurance. Depends on policy.

Paddy seems to be pretty informed so i think we should allow him be our rep.
    We can create a group and just enter one claim at Four Courts against Ryanair.
    We will obviously have to provide retainer for flights hotels etc, i am not sure how much would be needed for this but a couple of grand.

Whats the thoughts here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

anyone open a dispute with Paypal where flight was paid for through Paypal?

Yes and it's a hard no. Fought with them for weeks but they insist it's between me and Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Air France secures $10bn bailout, haven't given me back my €140 yet.

Air France secures $10bn bailout, haven't given me back my €140 yet.

I have heard reports that the French have passed a voucher law.

Be careful i think the French have only a 12 month debt law rather then the generous 6 years we have here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Caranica wrote: »
    Yes and it's a hard no. Fought with them for weeks but they insist it's between me and Ryanair.

PayPal are a disgrace when it comes to challenging payments. They close the case at a whim without reviewing your side of the story or allowing any sort of appeal. They should be proscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

ted1 wrote: »
    Define response......

A reposnse is something you give when someone asks you a question.like i did to you but alas i got no RESPONSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Got the Ryanair voucher email. When you want to view the T&C's for the voucher, you have to accept the voucher first. FFS.

Anyone have the terms of this voucher.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Got the Ryanair voucher email. When you want to view the T&C's for the voucher, you have to accept the voucher first. FFS.

Anyone have the terms of this voucher.

If you click on the refund option it will bring you into the voucher appreciation page, there at bottom of the page is the T&C's and the Chat Now button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭dennyk

ted1 wrote: »
    Define response......

If they don't respond to the notice of your claim within the time period required, you can apply for a default judgement. The court will assume that since the defendant failed to respond, it means they don't dispute the claim, and as such the court will order them to pay the requested damages.

Note that it is still possible that the airline might respond and provide a defence and demand to go to trial over it, though; if that happens, you will have to appear in court (though you can represent yourself, so a solicitor isn't required). In most cases the cost to the airline for sending their own solicitor to court to defend a claim they are likely to lose (in the case of a refund for a cancelled flight) would be a lot more than just paying the refund itself, so it might be unlikely they'd take it that far, but then again, some less scrupulous airline might decide to push it and throw in a counterclaim for the cost of their own solicitors and other expenses (inflated and trumped-up or otherwise) relating to dealing with the case, in the hopes that word will get out and it will serve to discourage others from pursuing refunds via the courts.

It's also possible the airline will simply ignore any judgments against them in the hopes that people won't want to bother going through the process of collecting, which may involve paying a sheriff or registrar to seize their goods to satisfy the judgement (and might require additional court proceedings to force the airline to identify what goods they actually own that could be subject to seizure). That's potentially a lot of hassle that some people aren't going to be willing to go through for a sub-€200 plane ticket refund.

Bottom line is that the airlines are going to be desperate right now and will no doubt be weighing up the potential costs of all sorts of more or less shady tactics to avoid laying out the cash for refunds, and if they think it'll cost them less in the end to be scumbags about it than to refund everyone who wants a refund, then they'll be scumbags, no question. If a few hundred passengers take them to court over it, sure, they'll probably just pay them to make them go away, but if a few hundred thousand go that route, they may not cave so easily.

dennyk wrote: »
    If a few hundred passengers take them to court over it, sure, they'll probably just pay them to make them go away, but if a few hundred thousand go that route, they may not cave so easily.

I agree the airlines will just pay up the claims in the SSC to make them go away.

Wouldn't it be great if a few hundred thousand took this route!

But that seems unlikely.

We are unfortunately in the less than 100 cases space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I agree the airlines will just pay up the claims in the SSC to make them go away.

Wouldn't it be great if a few hundred thousand took this route!

But that seems unlikely.

We are unfortunately in the less than 100 cases space.

Is there only 100 people looking for refunds from Ryanair?
    Is that just Ireland or Europe?
    I expect we all be refunded without problem if the number so small...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement