Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more cash refunds, Goverment wants to forse a voucher on you.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,307 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Plenty of people getting stung, plus it's topical.

Define Stung

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Paddy, you must have quite a bit invested as you seem to think we can change things.

I heard someone say we not need attend claims court which is correct, we can send our Lawyer and that likely to cost another €25.

We can try to stop things changing for the worse!

You don't need to hire a lawyer.
    The airlines normally pay up because they know they will loose and they as registered companies have to hire a lawyer.

If you don't want to use the SCC you can try the regulator.

That's cost and lawyer free:)

https://secure.aviationreg.ie/eseries/uiid480261345/car450.xsp;jsessionid=86BABC6C7D85BB38FFE4A67D8D3C6682.node1

ted1 wrote: »
    Define Stung

Forced to give an interest free loan to an airline and you loose your money if you don't comply with their crappy terms and conditions.

Seems like a right sting to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

paddy19 wrote: »
    We can try to stop things changing for the worse!

You don't need to hire a lawyer.
    The airlines normally pay up because they know they will loose and they as registered companies have to hire a lawyer.

If you don't want to use the SCC you can try the regulator.

That's cost and lawyer free:)

https://secure.aviationreg.ie/eseries/uiid480261345/car450.xsp;jsessionid=86BABC6C7D85BB38FFE4A67D8D3C6682.node1

I read elsewhere that attendance in SCC not necessary.
    We need to attend in person (time is money) otherwise Lawyer.
    Add €25 fee its a no brainer unless at least €500.
    A lot of Ryanair bookings under this.
    This ia money for us individually but game for them and they better
    at strategy than us..
    This is what i see, i also have problem but waiting...

at strategy than us..

They are talking of moving the goalposts, the regulator will adjust as required.
    As i said a game like poker...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

When did people start finding the option to accept voucher ect. How long before your flight due to take place. I'm due to fly 23 May bit nothin for now except option to change names on flights. I fear if I accept voucher and then airline disappears down the line then we be well sorry

kravmaga wrote: »
    Agreed. Airlines are very vulnerable at the moment.

Virgin Austrialia have just gone into administration and 4 of Norwegian Airlines crew subsidiaries have filed for bankruptcy..

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-52363428

https://www.flightglobal.com/strategy/four-of-norwegians-crew-subsidiaries-file-for-bankruptcy/137975.article

Neither Ryanair or Aer Lingus are going bankrupt.

at strategy than us..

They are talking of moving the goalposts, the regulator will adjust as required.
    As i said a game like poker...

You don't have to attend the SCC or hire a lawyer.
    The other free option is CAR.

https://www.flightrights.ie/home/complaint-procedure.452.html

You don't have to attend the SCC or hire a lawyer.
    The other free option is CAR.

Can you absolutely confirm no attendance at SCC.
    I am aware of a case where the Judge threw out a case for non attendance.
    I would appreciate such info.

I am on your side but i have not the same faith as you.
    BTW i was mistaken earlier when i said Easyjet were just offering voucher.
    There is the option to change flight free or voucher, no mention of refund.

Good luck,keep us posted...

Is this incorrect?

You are here: Home > Justice > Civil law > Small claims and a court hearing
    Small claims and a court hearing

Introduction
    Preparing for court
    The court hearing
    Further information

Introduction

If your small claims procedure case could not be resolved and has been referred for a hearing in the District Court, you will receive a letter from the District Court office telling you the date and time of the court hearing and the location of the court itself. The case will be heard in public as part of a normal sitting of the District Court.

If you have any difficulty with attending court on the date set for the hearing, notify the District Court office and the respondent immediately. You may ask to have the date adjourned, or put back, to another date. Only the judge can make this order and you will need a very good reason for not being able to attend or go ahead with the case on that date. If you cannot attend yourself, you can send a representative to make the request to the court on your behalf.

I'm not affected by this, but I feel that if a voucher is offered, it should have to carry the recent rules brought in in relation vouchers. Specifically; it should be valid for a minimum of 5 years.

I also feel that vouchers are a reasonable offer, considering the hardship airlines, travel agents, etc. are going to face, with many in serious trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

I'm not affected by this, but I feel that if a voucher is offered, it should have to carry the recent rules brought in in relation vouchers. Specifically; it should be valid for a minimum of 5 years.

I also feel that vouchers are a reasonable offer, considering the hardship airlines, travel agents, etc. are going to face, with many in serious trouble.
    The one year limit is a huge issue for me. Travel unlikely to get back to normal until well into 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Those regulations are for gift vouchers. These are not gift vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Could try the regulator.
    The site is obviously written by lawyers.
    But the process is fairly user friendly.

Basically same type of process as SCC but free.
    They send your claim to the airline and threaten them if they don't pay up.
    Complete a menu driven process and get a ref number.

No idea what sort of back log they have but can't hurt.

https://secure.aviationreg.ie/eseries/uiid358380352/car450.xsp;jsessionid=72C16D235CF79B42D44D3B4D2C70DA94.node1

That link is looking for a user name and password?

Neither Ryanair or Aer Lingus are going bankrupt.

Says you...a couple of billion euro worth of planes that need to be paid for.

They have 12 months worth of reserves after that they are gone.
    If in a few months less people fly then they are in big trouble

Forced to give an interest free loan to an airline and you loose your money if you don't comply with their crappy terms and conditions.

Seems like a right sting to me!

Forget about an “interest free loan” interest is basically nil at the moment. And their voucher appears as a liability on their balance sheets. So it’s not good for them.

I’d hazard a guess and say most people who accept the voucher will gladly use it with a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

joe_99 wrote: »
    The one year limit is a huge issue for me. Travel unlikely to get back to normal until well into 2021

I agree, min 3yrs but should be 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I think the issue here is that issuing refunds will bankrupt many airlines.

Yes we’ve heard that before so punters are being asked to subsidise them. Some will go under anyway, what happens then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Im in tears after reading that anyway i don't know about the rest of you.

You have my money and i didn't get the service i paid for.refund please.

Most companies would be ecstatic to have 12 months reserves!

Of course there are no guarantees but I think you will agree that Ryanair and Aer Lingus are way down on the list of potential airline bankruptcies.

This bankruopcy scare is been used by the airlines to extract money from the governments and the EU. It worked brilliantly in the US.

"The airline bailouts have officially begun. US Treasury handed out $2.9 billion today. More going out soon Congress allotted ~$50bn for airlines"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Of course there are no guarantees but I think you will agree that Ryanair and Aer Lingus are way down on the list of potential airline bankruptcies.

This bankruopcy scare is been used by the airlines to extract money from the governments and the EU. It worked brilliantly in the US.

"The airline bailouts have officially begun. US Treasury handed out $2.9 billion today. More going out soon Congress allotted ~$50bn for airlines"

this is after the US airlines have purchased back $45bn worth of stock over the last 10yrs
    Criminal

• Advertisement

You clearly do not know what your talking about?
    When your asked to confirm something you switch tactic.
    And you say Michael O'Leary dodgy...

Forget about an “interest free loan” interest is basically nil at the moment. And their voucher appears as a liability on their balance sheets. So it’s not good for them.

I’d hazard a guess and say most people who accept the voucher will gladly use it with a few months.

Frankly I don't give a fidlers how it appears on the Ryanair balance sheet.

I need a loan to cover the money Ryanair have taken from me so can you point towards your 0% bank?

AIB are quoting 12%.

Why should passengers be forced to fly within the next 12 months.

The arrogance of the airlines knows no bounds.

I need a loan to cover the money Ryanair have taken from me so can you point towards your 0% bank?

AIB are quoting 12%.

If you have to borrow money to buy a €50 flight its no wonder you have plenty of time to whinge about Ryanair here.

Ah you'll have me in tears, poor Michael O'Leary, sure he needs my euros.

Highly restrictive vouchers that have to be used within 12 months and cannot be transferred are not a reasonable offer for cash refunds.

I have no hassle with people who want to support their local travel agent who has looked after them.

But I'm fecked if I'm going to be forced to support large highly profitable companies.

It should be left to the consumer to decide not dictated to us by the government.

If you have to borrow money to buy a €50 flight its no wonder you have plenty of time to whinge about Ryanair here.

Why the nastiness?

How do know it's €50?

I'm not whinging, I questioning a government proposal to give Ryanair an interest free loan from their passengers.

Like lots of folks I have unfortunately plenty of time with Covid.

Now have you any positive contribution to the discussion?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    this is after the US airlines have purchased back $45bn worth of stock over the last 10yrs
    Criminal

What’s criminal , it’s what companies do. Buy it back when low. , keeps stock price from going to lie and selling it when it’s high

Why the nastiness?

How do know it's €50?

I'm not whinging, I questioning a government proposal to give Ryanair an interest free loan from their passengers.

What’s the current interest rate? It’s not an interest free loan.

Where does it appear non their balance sheets ? As a liability ?

Why the nastiness?

How do know it's €50?

I am not being nasty, in say what i see.
    I said a few days ago that we either need a lawyer or attend SCC in person. You told me this was incorrect, when i posted a clip from what is on their site you don't want to know.
    There is nothing to add to this as this topic has being talked too much about, there is absolutely nothing we can do, i expect people will get refunds in 6 Months but it's not worth the hassle.
    I think you should find another favorite topic. that's my positive pitch.
    Good luck with it....

AIB are quoting 12%.

More fool you for paying 12%. Where you going in a holiday ?

As for 12 months. That’s Incorrect it’s 24 months. 12 months to book, but you can book 12 months in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

So the other thread got locked because of people getting too personal...can we please stay on topic on this one please and thankyou....there's some great knowledge out there about this and it's good to share our stories and try and help others find a way to get some money back for a service that they weren't provided...

Chargeback started with Aib...sent a letter off this morning...received a voucher from ryanair...does that mean that they have over ridden the refund request??

Tried to ask the chat bot but gave up after 5 hours this morning...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement