Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

CSO data available on deaths by county - no specific figure for Kerry, but tallies with the figure of 4 given by the local papers:

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/br/b-cdc/covid-19deathsandcasesseries3/

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Have said same with a while.

Just thought it would be a political hot potato given Dublin will be stuck with issues due to overpopulation and higher case numbers
    My understanding is that the 20km radius from home limit will apply once you cross out of your own county so most of Dublin will have access to a chunk of north Wicklow.

Similarly, people in Abbeyfeale and Millstreet will be able to enter the county if Kerry roads are most convenient for where they wish to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Quackster wrote: »
    My understanding is that the 20km radius from home limit will apply once you cross out of your own county so most of Dublin will have access to a chunk of north Wicklow.

Its within your county and 20km from home so you are not allowed to travel from say north county dublin to wicklow but you could travel Listowel to Abbeyfeale because even though its outside the county it would be within the 20km. Although I think in reality the Guards have abandoned enforcement unless you draw attention to yourself by tearing the hole out of it in someway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Quackster wrote: »
    It's not people flocking to some beaches, it's people keeping themselves to small sections of these beaches.

In Banna, most people decend on the main car park and stay within a few hundred metres of that while the rest of the beach, amounting to several kilometres, remains gloriously empty.

Noticed the same behaviour in Derrymore Tuesday evening too. Main car park was pretty full when I arrived and the beach immediately adjacent was busy but as I set off westwards, I wasn't long leaving all of humanity behind.

Bank holiday Monday
    m6nQs8U.jpg

• Advertisement

We remain on 308 for the 17th day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

Day 18 with no case. Only Sligo betters us with 21 days. Hopefully it keeps improving

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Bank holiday Monday
    m6nQs8U.jpg

What desert island is that :D

We had one of the earliest Covid peaks, perhaps explaining why we cleared it relatively early also:

https://twitter.com/IrishDataViz/status/1269232281203466241

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

I Wonder When 6 a side Soccer Will be allowed to return. I have not had a decent bit of exercise Since March the 14th.

Getting Sick of the Walks just wanna go chase a ball about :p

• Advertisement

Looks like the general has 2 new cases . Will see if it's reported on this evening .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Looks like the general has 2 new cases . Will see if it's reported on this evening .

There were 2 suspected cases last week. I don't think they were positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There were 2 suspected cases last week. I don't think they were positive.

Knowing how "fast" the tests come back...it's probably the same 2 cases

County data is 48 hours behind the daily numbers, so would be Friday before it shows up in reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

There's nothing so far on the RTE summaries here.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/summary/

Screen-Shot-2020-06-17-at-13.53.49.png

Looks Like Its true alright ...

There goes our streak

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Screen-Shot-2020-06-17-at-13.53.49.png

Looks Like Its true alright ...

There goes our streak

ah sugar....like New Zealand, not covid free now. :(
    what's the link to that information?

I saw someone say on facebook that they are from Dublin and came down to a holiday home. I don't know how true that is, but its likely. And very selfish of them to even come here if it is true.

Was chatting to someone who's other half works in the general and they said they are apparently from Kerry but has returned from somewhere. They were unsure of where tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Look all we can do is take every precaution that we know of to prevent getting it ourselves, what other people do and what the government allow is out of our control.

Stay safe everyone.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I saw someone say on facebook that they are from Dublin and came down to a holiday home. I don't know how true that is, but its likely. And very selfish of them to even come here if it is true.

Unlikely. Most travel from Dublin are Dublin based rural folk that have been heading up and down to their folks house with kids since the 2k limit was here. They've ID that connects them with their parents home and there's no trouble getting back in to the capital.

One of our neighbours (teacher from Kerry) has been down to Kerry six times to stay with her folks since lockdown with the kids! My grandparents are 4k away and haven't got to hold their new granddaughter yet!

One rule for some...

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Unlikely. Most travel from Dublin are Dublin based rural folk that have been heading up and down to their folks house with kids since the 2k limit was here. They've ID that connects them with their parents home and there's no trouble getting back in to the capital.

One of our neighbours (teacher from Kerry) has been down to Kerry six times to stay with her folks since lockdown with the kids! My grandparents are 4k away and haven't got to hold their new granddaughter yet!

One rule for some...

Rambo, I can tell you without fear of contradiction that there has been a glut of people from Dublin and also from Cork that have no connection with Kerry other than the fact they built or purchased holiday homes here that have been visiting and staying here during the lock down.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Some of these people who do or say such things have contradictory banners on their Facebook profile photo saying "support frontline workers" even when they themselves are doing exactly what NPHET asked them not to do to contain the virus.

Im based in Dublin and haven't seen my elderly parents or family in Kerry since February and it's tough but I'll endure the sacrifice so as to comply whatever way to contain and suppress the virus until we are allowed to travel from Jun 29th. I've seen a lot of amazing generosity and selflessness during this pandemic....but I've also seen a lot of selfishness as well...often from people I wouldn't have expected it from...true colours do emerge in these extraordinary times!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Couple from the US just flew in from Georgia last week to their holiday home on the Dingle Peninsula. Claimed to have done all the airport paperwork and checked in with the guards. Were told to stay at their home except for exercise and essential shopping for 2 weeks.

That lasted about a day. They're all over the place. Were getting away from the protests in the US, went through airports on both sides, etc.

This is where new infections will come from, and I'm sure they're just the first of many.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Couple from the US just flew in from Georgia last week to their holiday home on the Dingle Peninsula. Claimed to have done all the airport paperwork and checked in with the guards. Were told to stay at their home except for exercise and essential shopping for 2 weeks.

That lasted about a day. They're all over the place. Were getting away from the protests in the US, went through airports on both sides, etc.

This is where new infections will come from, and I'm sure they're just the first of many.

You're not wrong.

Ironic username by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You're not wrong.

Ironic username by the way.

I wish I'd known better before I created this account. I'd change it if there were a way to retain the post-count, history, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Brother was working in Kenmare yesterday. Bumped into a fella we know who is home from England. He had holidays and decided to come home anyway. He currently has Coronavirus, diagnosed about a week ago and "over the worst" and doesnt care one bit. Is going about his life completely as normal so no telling what way he will spread it around. Brother gave him a wide berth after that, made his excuses and got away from him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Dont know why that posted so many times. Apologies

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    Brother was working in Kenmare yesterday. Bumped into a fella we know who is home from England. He had holidays and decided to come home anyway. He currently has Coronavirus, diagnosed about a week ago and "over the worst" and doesnt care one bit. Is going about his life completely as normal so no telling what way he will spread it around. Brother gave him a wide berth after that, made his excuses and got away from him

It's scary to think there are people with this level of intelligence who are allowed enter our country without hindrance.

Advertisement