Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

That's a killer - especially when it's avoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I've been eating below my maintenance calories and I still put on a pound. Grrrrm. Realising I have to give in and go on a diet. God I hate diets. *Downloads myfitnesspal in a rage*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Found a pristine copy of Herbie Hancock's Columbia albums box set on Ebay. Photos from the seller showed it in immaculate condition.

Arrived today. My heart sank when I saw the packaging he had used - brown paper and a thin layer of bubble wrap.

All corners dented and one side with a gouge mark.

Partial refund offered but he was genuinely surprised when I pointed out that the set didn't have a chance of arriving unscathed in such flimsy packaging. For a set like that the corners need to be doubly protected with bubble wrap wrapped very tightly and placed in a hard cardboard box so that it can't move around in transit.

I leant my friend my fav cd, after much reminding, she posted it back to me in a unpadded manilla envelope. :mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Taking masking tape off the windows after painting . Except it isn't peeling straight off as normal , it looks like it's still stuck on the glass .
    Scrubber time :(

Look for low tack masking tape next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Look for low tack masking tape next time.

Thank you , it was like stripping wallpaper, the outer paper peeled off and there was still a thin layer of paper then the glue left !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Switching between excel and email. Using caps lock for the excel sheet, and every single time I start typing an email, I leave the bloody caps lock on.

iT'S vERY aNNOYING :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Cyclists peddling too much for the speed they're going at.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

RMAOK wrote: »
    Cyclists peddling too much for the speed they're going at.

Peddling drugs, most likely dude.

That’s what the weed does to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Peddling drugs, most likely dude.

That’s what the weed does to you.

They never get out of “second gear”, B. Dozy dopes.

The tide is turning…

They never get out of “second gear”, B. Dozy dopes.

Aaah yes..E. and they don’t even know it.

What can you say.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Compliments whose main purpose is to put down the person giving the compliment or to fish for a response. I can't even explain this properly.

Person A (lets call her Karen) says to me 'oh Molly you're so clever and so good at your job and they'd all be lost without you.'
    I say 'oh cheers thanks, that's really nice'. Karen says 'I'm just so terrible compared to you, absolutely stupid, totally replaceable, I'm gonna be fired any day now. I don't know why I even bother'.

What do you say to someone like that? Does she want me to say 'oh no Karen you're great at your job too, and of course you're not stupid, come on now!'. Fs. I'm mentally exhausted from her sh1t before I even start the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Compliments whose main purpose is to put down the person giving the compliment or to fish for a response. I can't even explain this properly.

Person A (lets call her Karen) says to me 'oh Molly you're so clever and so good at your job and they'd all be lost without you.'
    I say 'oh cheers thanks, that's really nice'. Karen says 'I'm just so terrible compared to you, absolutely stupid, totally replaceable, I'm gonna be fired any day now. I don't know why I even bother'.

What do you say to someone like that? Does she want me to say 'oh no Karen you're great at your job too, and of course you're not stupid, come on now!'. Fs. I'm mentally exhausted from her sh1t before I even start the day.

tell them they are very perceptive.

Insurance renewal quote . Enough said .

Insurance renewal quote . Enough said .

I got a e30 One For All card from mine :D

I got a e30 One For All card from mine :D

Aw that was nice of them !
    I got a €40 one last week , different companies different amounts on the gift cards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've two trivial annoyances at the moment.

Firstly, my right boot lace keeps becoming undone. I've tied it three or four times today already, and I can feel that it's undone again. One side is way longer than the other so maybe I should just re-lace it.

Secondly, on stupid 'Teams' there seems to be an unread message...except there's not. :mad:

I've two trivial annoyances at the moment.

Firstly, my right boot lace keeps becoming undone. I've tied it three or four times today already, and I can feel that it's undone again. One side is way longer than the other so maybe I should just re-lace it.

Secondly, on stupid 'Teams' there seems to be an unread message...except there's not. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WodmxuTr-m4&feature=share

Problem solved.. make sure the bow on boot goes - way not / way.

no charge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WodmxuTr-m4&feature=share

Problem solved.. make sure the bow on boot goes - way not / way.

no charge
    I'll wait until I get home from work, assuming I'm not in a boot-lace-related fatal accident in the meantime. I've re-tied it. With gusto!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Have been looking forward to a few drinks tonight, but all of a sudden I'm feeling really tired and completely lacking in any energy at all.

An Americanism here. Hope it doesn't gain any momentum this side of pond.

A bint in America is referred to as a 'Karen'.

Completely unfair to Karens imo.

Majority are lovely people.

• Advertisement

Knowing a sizeable no of ppl on the family whatsapp would be headed back to work this week, I put up a link for some back/shoulder exercises.
    Got the usual 'why are talking about work and you're not a dr, with all the work I've done in x over the lock down Im strong as a horse, excuse me' type of comments.
    All week the partners of same comedians have asked for the link again and if I could do a video of the exercises(?!) as they are being driven crazy with the moaning about work related sorenesses.

Ta, whatsapp opened another audience of comics in the family and that just cause its me, it must be wrong.

I asked someone if they wanted feedback on our work related interaction, I have a real issue on getting or giving feedback if its not needed or wanted.

Message tone went from frustrated businesslike to 'ah, go on then'(which as english is their 4th language, is a bit disconbulating) so now Im really no clearer if they actually want the feedback or not.

TA'd that toilets/water dispensers etc are out of commission in bookies :(

Plus side tho' is a lack of 'ethnics' congregating (thus far at least) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

An Americanism here. Hope it doesn't gain any momentum this side of pond.

A bint in America is referred to as a 'Karen'.

Completely unfair to Karens imo.

Majority are lovely people.
    No difference to me. I don't know where bint comes from.
    Never ever heard of it before boards

cj maxx wrote: »
    No difference to me. I don't know where bint comes from.
    Never ever heard of it before boards

Don't know where it comes from either... know what it refers to though :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

As far as I know, Bintje (sp?) is a Dutch variety of spuds. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA spoilers in youtube thumbnails.

also TA takeaway related woes - justeat is acting the bollox recently and wont recognise my address suddenly despite never having this problem before.

So i went to a shall not be named takeaway's website to avail of online deals, one of which where you apparently can get two items for cheaper than usual.

Only once i add the deal to my basket and a fuucking 5 euro delivery charge plus service charge is tacked on, it ends up costing the same as it normally would for the two items, perhaps even more, rendering the 'deal' pointless.

what annoyed me is the random 5 euro charge that was never asked of me before and the takeaway is so nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Hairdressers!.. Another sleepless night after being

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭4Ad

Found two twenty euro One 4 All vouchers, now only worth 8.40 due to monthly fees I never knew about..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Aw that was nice of them !
    I got a €40 one last week , different companies different amounts on the gift cards :)

I got a 30e cheque.
    Renewal is due next month, only remembered it today.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement