Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"I grabbed breakfast "
    "I'll grab a..."
    No feckoff you grabby people.
    All the grabbing is whats wrong with the world.
    Same applies to"I scored a..." when its not about sports.
    "I got something at the expense of someone else "???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

"I grabbed breakfast "
    "I'll grab a..."
    No feckoff you grabby people.
    All the grabbing is whats wrong with the world.
    Same applies to"I scored a..." when its not about sports.
    "I got something at the expense of someone else "???

Probably the same ones who ask "can I get" when ordering food or drinks. The ones who have endless "issues" but never problems. Who start every sentence with "so", "ping" or "flick on" emails but never send them and don't contact people but "touch base" or "check in" with. Eugh numpties.

“In this difficult time...” and any variations thereof - for the love of god can we get this phrase banned from all media and advertisements.
    About ready to piss blood each time I hear it now, must’ve heard it about 10,000 times in the last month and I can’t take it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Smug tools in authority, with no compassion past their own noses - had the misfortune of witnessing an old wans concerns treated quite heartlessly yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Uncle Ben's wholegrain rice in easy to cook sachets - serves 2 people. Yeah, 2 midgets or children maybe! Makes me feel bad every time. I'd eat one of those 'double' sachets in 2 bites let alone share one.
    Same goes for pasta - use a ten cent size serving per person....eh surely you mean per mouthful... surely ðŸ§

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

You Tube videos that stretch material recorded in 4:3 into widescreen

People who watch 4:3 programmes on their television and adjust the settings so that the image fills the screen.

Embrace the black bars, people! It's the equivalent of putting ice cubes in red wine or heating pork pies.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Weirdos - today over in the park I can hear singing. I’m sat on the park bench wondering what I’ll cook for dinner, I look to my left and see approaching my direction a rather tall and normal ‘looking’ guy about 45 and he’s singing, loudly as if on the stage in the 3 arena, proper belting out tunes at the top of his lungs as he walks..

I initially think maybe he has noise cancelling earphones on and doesn’t realize the volume but as he approaches there are no earphones at all. I’m thinking ‘ok, face down in my phone, ignore, ignore, weirdo incoming, weirdo incoming..’. He gets as far as the bench im sitting on, stops about 8 feet away in front of me and is just fûcking staring at me, without saying anything. My face is in the phone, pretending I’m amused by something I’m looking at, determined not to engage or give satisfaction...after about 3 minutes he walks away roaring ‘fûcking wanker’ at the top of his lungs..... he gets to a young mother who is alone and playing with her children on the grass about 20 meters further up the path.. he’s about the same distance from her as he was me just staring them out of it... I’m not comfortable and watching I have the number for the local Gardai on my phone screen, he then says something inaudible to me, she looks flustered and takes herself and the kids immediately out of the park.

I decide to get going, taking the same exit which on seeing me heading towards it he trying to partially block. He looks like he can leave me in a mangled mess but I’m in a ****ty mood, past caring and a ‘come on, just ****in move’ sees him do just that.

If this belongs to you, please ensure he doesn’t get out and about alone. People have more then enough to be concerned about currently than being stalked and harassed in this manner by some gimp, whoever is responsible for him will be aware of his potential behavior.

Bemused of Dublin 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Technology and not knowing a thing about it or what to do or where to go or look or anything. :mad::(:( Where is the button that just magically transfers over everything from old Laptop to new Laptop? :( That's all I want. One button to get the job done. Would be so so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

when something seems to be irritating you, but you can't put your finger on exactly what. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Deja Boo wrote: »
    when something seems to be irritating you, but you can't put your finger on exactly what. :/

"Ehhhh could you possibly make breakfast any louder? I don't think our neighbours down the street can hear you"
    .....turn and see my baffled flatmate quietly stirring porridge.

TA that my flatmate is really nice and yet lately I want to murder him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've plenty of data allowance left, the signal is great, there's more than enough room left on the phone, yet I just can't update a game, the download hangs after a few kilobytes and dies. :| What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

In for a scan yesterday and couldn't get parking at Merrion Square. Literally every space taken. I doubt they were all essential workers or pregnant ladies! :(

Stopped at a checkpoint on the way home so was at least happy to see that the restrictions are being enforced but massive TA that there is clear disregard for them also.

Electronic payments out, instant
    Electronic payments in, can take days
    Grr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Porklife wrote: »
    Uncle Ben's wholegrain rice in easy to cook sachets - serves 2 people. Yeah, 2 midgets or children maybe! Makes me feel bad every time. I'd eat one of those 'double' sachets in 2 bites let alone share one.
    Same goes for pasta - use a ten cent size serving per person....eh surely you mean per mouthful... surely ðŸ§

Also, the reverse of this. Packs or jars of whatever that must be consumed within 24 hours of opening, yet have enough content to feed an army.

There's only me and my son living at home, but I'm a vegetarian and he would eat anything that moves by land, sea or sky. He's not going to eat 6 rashers in one sitting so half of them generally get thrown away after a couple of days.

Also, the reverse of this. Packs or jars of whatever that must be consumed within 24 hours of opening, yet have enough content to feed an army.

There's only me and my son living at home, but I'm a vegetarian and he would eat anything that moves by land, sea or sky. He's not going to eat 6 rashers in one sitting so half of them generally get thrown away after a couple of days.

I don't mean to stick my nose in, just a thought...could you freeze the surplus?

My TA is my wound up-ness. Not sure if it really is as noisy and stressful as it feels around here, or if it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I don't mean to stick my nose in, just a thought...could you freeze the surplus?

Any and all advice is more than welcome Widdershins :)

Unfortunately, my freezer has been full to overflowing since this stupid virus appeared. I genuinely hate waste of any sort, particularly food - it's much more than a TA!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When a webpage whose only purpose is to enter login details doesn't automatically put the focus on the first text box
    When a webpage with a lot of content, so you'd need to a lot of scrolling down, doesn't have a floating button to get back to the top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I Facebook-messaged One4all with my query. They wrote back with the Email Address to contact them. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Could they not have passed my query up along the chain from my Facebook Message like instead of just wasting more time replying back to me to email them the exact same thing again! :mad:

The funny thing is they actually aren't taking calls at the moment due to working remotely only emails, but like if they're not taking calls they could deal with Facebook messages too like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Buy the sandwich bags and ziplock them.They stay fresh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ordered a new of runners from lifestyle Monday, no sign of a dispatch email, no reply to the email I sent them this morning, also most of my socks now have a hole in them thanks to that hole in my left runner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ordered a new of runners from lifestyle Monday, no sign of a dispatch email, no reply to the email I sent them this morning, also most of my socks now have a hole in them thanks to that hole in my left runner.

Look on the bright side, Seph. If the shoe was on the other foot....

....you'd have holes in the other socks! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, Seph. If the shoe was on the other foot....

....you'd have holes in the other socks! :D:D:D

Ohhh homeo

source.gif

:pac:

The perpetual, predictable fighting in a lot of threads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The perpetual, predictable fighting in a lot of threads
    Always the same people, they must just follow each other around the different threads starting rows about FG and SF etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Well Holey Mod

s socks

When a user you have never interacted with before has a go for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When a user you have never interacted with before has a go for no reason.

Re-reg????

There's alot of people just itching for an argument too.

Re-reg????

There's alot of people just itching for an argument too.
    Possibly, Princess. There's so much tomfoolery on the site these days with re-regs and users with multiple accounts that you never know who you are talking to :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Possibly, Princess. There's so much tomfoolery on the site these days with re-regs and users with multiple accounts that you never know who you are talking to :confused:

Well you are talking to a real live princess here :D

It's very frustrating, but best to ignore.

• Advertisement

The way "opted for" is used instead of "chose".Not sure why it ta's me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement