Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When a user you have never interacted with before has a go for no reason.

I know this one and then people thank needlessly nasty snide comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Radio presenters who talk over the end of a song before it's finished

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ordered a new of runners from lifestyle Monday, no sign of a dispatch email, no reply to the email I sent them this morning, also most of my socks now have a hole in them thanks to that hole in my left runner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0UZN83N-w

Sorry[not sorry]:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

RMAOK wrote: »
    Radio presenters who talk over the end of a song before it's finished

Are you trying to record the song :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I know this one and then people thank needlessly nasty snide comments.
    Yes that's right. It's just like the bully back when you were in school, he always had a couple of little gits in tow who were too small to be bullies in there own right, so they became his minions instead. The bully would knock you down and the minion would get a sly kick in when you were on the deck.

Some users seem to have their own minions on here who thank their nasty comments and go after anyone who challenges them.

• Advertisement

Yes that's right. It's just like the bully back when you were in school, he always had a couple of little gits in tow who were too small to be bullies in there own right, so they became his minions instead. The bully would knock you down and the minion would get a sly kick in when you were on the deck.

Some users seem to have their own minions on here who thank their nasty comments and go after anyone who challenges them.

I knew who the little sh**s were but believe it or not they were wary of me at school. Or I was just lucky to not seem like a fun target.
    I deeply dislike their behaviour as an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

This is something that made me feel sad rather than annoyed.

I go for a walk/jog every morning and evening, since the lockdown I notice that the vast majority of people are very friendly and good humoured and I’ve ended up having some nice conversations with all sort of people (while physically distancing).

This evening I passed a group of women; a woman in her late 60’s was standing in her garden chatting to two women, possibly her daughters who were outside on the footpath.

When I passed, the ‘two daughters” were very friendly and we exchanged pleasantries, I also acknowledged the older lady who shouts at me and says - “I’m sick to the back teeth of people like you who are saying hello... people who never said hello to me in their life are saying hello now. Well it’s too little too late, I couldn’t be bothered saying hello to anyone”.

I walked away feeling very sad for her on so many levels :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I don't mean to stick my nose in, just a thought...could you freeze the surplus?

My TA is my wound up-ness. Not sure if it really is as noisy and stressful as it feels around here, or if it's just me.

Ohhn don't get me started Widdershins! Even my favourite characters in movies seem to be screaming at each other. Never thought I'd say that Damon Albarns voice is irritating me. I can hear a pin drop and want to murder whoever dropped it. I am ****ing over this **** 😠

TA... my flatmate commenting on my food and drink choices..."Thai food eh? Exotic...oohh tiger beer...get you" - I will honestly kill you if you so much as breath in my presence again you absolute philistine ****.

When a user you have never interacted with before has a go for no reason.

Shut up purple tin 😠ðŸ™႒😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The perpetual, predictable fighting in a lot of threads

Link????

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

People who have notions of themselves and are so far up their own holes they don't even realise. Speaking about themselves in the third person often is usually a good indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When I passed, the ‘two daughters” were very friendly and we exchanged pleasantries, I also acknowledged the older lady who shouts at me and says - “I’m sick to the back teeth of people like you who are saying hello... people who never said hello to me in their life are saying hello now. Well it’s too little too late, I couldn’t be bothered saying hello to anyone”.

See if you can find her number, call her up, #31# job and play a bit of Lionel Richtea down the phone.... sad auld bint. I’d seriously make an effort to say hello again though just to annoy her. The number of weird freaks around with this virus, think the cabin fever IS making a few of them bonkers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »
    Link Source????

FYP. :cool:

TA'd , nobody in the story in six words thread actually tells a story in six words.

People who have notions of themselves and are so far up their own holes they don't even realise. Speaking about themselves in the third person often is usually a good indicator.
    Like Max Clifford, he wrote his autobiography in the third person.
    It's supposed to be a hilarious read (but not intentionally).

People going mental over baby Yoda.
    IT'S A PUPPET!

I think I saw a flea on the dog.

Like Max Clifford, he wrote his autobiography in the third person.
    It's supposed to be a hilarious read (but not intentionally).

Porklife would never do such a thing 😀

Oh forgot my Ta....Ta that Max Clifford has such a cool sounding name even though he's a total **** blanket

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Every time I hear that name...

clifford-the-big-red-dog-117111.jpg

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Every time I hear that name...

clifford-the-big-red-dog-117111.jpg

There's three ways to do things kids..the right way, the wrong way and the Max Clifford Way..... isn't that just the wrong way Porklife? Yes...but to the Max!

I'm not against terms of endearment from strangers. In text though, to call a woman Love is too forward and to type Luv is tacky. Especially in a new acquaintance. It's hard to define good, appropriate use of these terms, and bad use of these terms. Maybe it's in part down to whether the person can carry it off...get the tone right.

Also, an old ta, for someone to try to tell you they love you but they're too pathetic and backward to actually type "love" so they write "luv" instead. Childish.

This is something that made me feel sad rather than annoyed.

I go for a walk/jog every morning and evening, since the lockdown I notice that the vast majority of people are very friendly and good humoured and I’ve ended up having some nice conversations with all sort of people (while physically distancing).

This evening I passed a group of women; a woman in her late 60’s was standing in her garden chatting to two women, possibly her daughters who were outside on the footpath.

Jaysus, some bitter bag, you’re a better man than I!

Don’t think I could get that response and resist shouting back
    “Grand so, you can go **** yourself instead, how about that?” complete with ****-eating grin before continuing on my run :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dubstarr wrote: »

Lol 😃

I'm not against terms of endearment from strangers. In text though, to call a woman Love is too forward and to type Luv is tacky. Especially in a new acquaintance. It's hard to define good, appropriate use of these terms, and bad use of these terms. Maybe it's in part down to whether the person can carry it off...get the tone right.

Also, an old ta, for someone to try to tell you they love you but they're too pathetic and backward to actually type "love" so they write "luv" instead. Childish.

"Dear" is another one - I wonder do they do it to cover up the fact that they've forgotten your name...

Jaysus, some bitter bag, you’re a better man than I!

Don’t think I could get that response and resist shouting back
    “Grand so, you can go **** yourself instead, how about that?” complete with ****-eating grin before continuing on my run :D

Not me. When things like that happen to me I be too mortified to say or do anything.
    Fight or flight: but they never mention freeze, which is a common reaction.
    I'm a serial freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

dubstarr wrote: »
    Buy the sandwich bags and ziplock them.They stay fresh.

Thank you Dubstarr! That's brilliant. TA'd at myself now for never having thought of this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Next door's dog.
    I swear she's barking just for the sake of it. Continuously.

Not like a normal dog who rattles off like a machine gun and then stops, but more like a never endeng shot gun

Her owner who is at home the whole time is obviously immune.

Bark.... Bark.... Bark.... Bark.... Bark.... Bark.... Bark.... Bark...

Now, its been going on for a long time, but starting to grate lately.

Thank god I'm still going to work.

Not me. When things like that happen to me I be too mortified to say or do anything.
    Fight or flight: but they never mention freeze, which is a common reaction.
    I'm a serial freezer.

You’re probably better off doing this for the most part anyway - much less likely to get yourself in trouble!

• Advertisement

What a brilliant post:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement