Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have an ingrowing hair on one of my scars that I can't get out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

degsie wrote: »
    Are we now saying groceries instead of messages or even shopping? When did that happen? TAd I am!
    Yes. You get them in the store. Definitely not the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I see Steve wozniak on the program celebrity Google box. Why is he on it, he is extremely rich.
    He does not need a few 1000 dollars to appear on tv. Is he just bored?
    He's not that funny.
    The UK version is much more funny and entertaining.
    The Americans on the US version are either boring or just bland.
    Theres an American model on it who watches TV lying in bed with her mother.
    Can she not afford to buy a couch.
    What adult over 30 shares a bed with her mother?
    She can't afford to buy 2 beds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

That most sinks are too small to comfortably wash my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

degsie wrote: »
    Are we now saying groceries instead of messages or even shopping? When did that happen? TAd I am!
    I said 'grocery shopping' as opposed to other types of shopping. And in my opinion, 'messages' are when you go the the local shop for a sliced pan or milk, not going to a supermarket for a good few things.

I'm trivial annoyed that you couldn't understand what I meant. ;) If I had just said 'groceries', I would have thought that'd be seen as an old-fashioned term rather than a new thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

I'm tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seanachai wrote: »
    That most sinks are too small to comfortably wash my hands.

this you?

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The bogger accent on your man doing the HSE/covid a noon RTE radio..

“Keep washing your hends”

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Alec Baldwin's face on youtube ads, constantly reminding me I missed out on amazon stock! shut the F up :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People that seem to assume since they hold the card that says 'parent', you have one that says 'child'.

I overheard some lady in the gym last week giving out to a friend that once she got home she'd have to cook dinner, clean up afterwards, do laundry and put the kids to bed. That's not special - apart from putting the kids to bed thing I had to do the same things myself. It's not like she's a martyr. And presumably since she has two kids, with a fair idea of what to expect, she chose to have a second and can only blame one person for the consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I take an amazing life saving drug I'm so grateful for. The difficulties I'm having trying to continue getting it during a pandemic is such a massive pain in my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

New Home wrote: »
    On, and another one that reaaaaally bugs me: inputted. Inputted is just wrong, the past tense (incl. the past participle) of put is put, not putted. Input literally means put in. People don't say putted in, so why do they say inputted? Grrr!

Unnecessary adjectives/adverbs/prepositions have been grinding my gears lately (most common in cookery).

"Let close out this case..." (Why not just close it?)
    "Reduce down the sauce..." (I wasn't aware that reducing it up was an option)
    "Fry off the onions..." (Off what? Why not just fry them?)
    "Chase that up..." (Up what? A tree?)

:mad:

storker wrote: »
    Unnecessary adjectives/adverbs/prepositions have been grinding my gears lately (most common in cookery).

That's one positive of losing my job a couple of weeks ago, I haven't had to listen to any of those 'think box' type phrases in a good while :D

TA, dishes when I'm feeling lazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Some complete piece of cat vomit stole my pen.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

storker wrote: »

Why "verb" it, when you can "phrasal verb" it? :D

Your Face wrote: »
    ...please tell me you don't work from home and live alone...

New Home wrote: »
    Your Face wrote: »
    ...please tell me you don't work from home and live alone...

I was thinking that but i was too polite to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH bought a vacuum cleaner with headlights on it. Now when I clean, I see dust I would not have otherwise seen. Could literally use it every day, there would still be dust and dirt illuminated by it. My life before was beautiful and now I will never have peace again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was thinking that but i was too polite to say it.

TA at people confusing candour with rudeness. ;)

Antares35 wrote: »
    OH bought a vacuum cleaner with headlights on it. Now when I clean, I see dust I would not have otherwise seen. Could literally use it every day, there would still be dust and dirt illuminated by it. My life before was beautiful and now I will never have peace again.
    Ignorance was bliss, in this case, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA having to rush off somewhere under time constraints, especially when late for something, or a sudden need to be somewhere. id rather not go.

never been late for work, though this gives me anxiety.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ6tKF-Ii9s

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Antares35 wrote: »

Apart from seeing all the dust, I now want this.
    Who thought to put headlights on a hoover.
    Though I can’t imagine the dust would bother me so much since I’m a lazy article. When i do hoover I go into intense mode and then don’t do it again for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Everything I see about teams, orchestras etc getting back after covid and daily temperature checks , and yet we are told to isolate if we feel hot to touch on the chest / back and it doesn’t matter if our temp is ok on a thermometer .
    Surely there should be someone sticking their hand up your jumper as a better diagnostic tool

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

eisenberg1 wrote: »

It's even worse than that, I thought he said it was "keep cleaning *doze* hands".

That and the weird pronunciation radio voice overs use, the young trendy ones; "fordy gigs of dayda", "fordy-eight", "ledders" (letters) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

eisenberg1 wrote: »

It's even worse than that, I thought he said it was "keep cleaning *doze* hands".

That and the weird pronunciation radio voice overs use, the young trendy ones; "fordy gigs of dayda", "fordy-eight", "ledders" (letters) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Apart from seeing all the dust, I now want this.
    Who thought to put headlights on a hoover.
    Though I can’t imagine the dust would bother me so much since I’m a lazy article. When i do hoover I go into intense mode and then don’t do it again for ages.

I have a Shark rechargeable vacuum with headlights and its great as long as you keep the filters clean.
    I ignore the headlights mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Burning,itchy spider bite.I should be used it at this point,but I can't help but shoot evil looks at my Rosie.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Clip about Bill Clinton on RTÉ news channel earlier, cannot believe how old he got! I still always visualise him as when he was the POTUS. (Sorry, can’t believe I wrote POTUS!) :D
    But it also got me thinking how old I got too... fcuk!
    That’s my TA this evening anyway! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

this you?

hqdefault.jpg

Did you just hand shame me? This isn't acceptable in 2020.

cj maxx wrote: »
    Everything I see about teams, orchestras etc getting back after covid and daily temperature checks , and yet we are told to isolate if we feel hot to touch on the chest / back and it doesn’t matter if our temp is ok on a thermometer .
    Surely there should be someone sticking their hand up your jumper as a better diagnostic tool

i never realised during my teenage years that i was actually performing medical diagnosis.

Seanachai wrote: »
    Did you just hand shame me? This isn't acceptable in 2020.

having enormous hands has never been acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who look for half days but who don't know when to finish up.

If you work 9.00am - 5.00pm with an hour off for lunch, then you should finish up at 12.30pm on your half day. Not 1.00pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement