Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweden avoiding lockdown

Options

Comments

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Again.... This time answer the question

"who" has said that we will be in lockdown for the rest of 2020

Name and quote the person !!!

If you cannot, then do not post this crap again

Did you not read the previous post with the link to the quote in the Indo?

Alright then show me a public figure here who has definitively said we'll be open for business in June or July. Name and quote.
    That article is behind a paywall so there very well may be a source in it.
    The leaving cert is pushed back to some nebulous date end of July beginning of August. What does that tell you?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Alright then show me a public figure here who has definitively said we'll be open for business in June or July. Name and quote.

No one said that.

Why are you trying to move the goal posts?

Answer what I asked and prove your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

nothing is going to change before the end of 2020,covid 19 is going to there whether we go out and face it next week or Christmas day. The measures taken I understood were so the health system would not be overrun. This has been successful with a drop in cases in ICU with covid reported yesterday and over 500 beds available. There should be some industries ,shops etc allowed reopen if they want to.

Did you not read the previous post with the link to the quote in the Indo?

LMAO

did you even read the article????

• Advertisement

No one said that.

Why are you trying to move the goal posts?

Answer what I asked and prove your claim.

I posted the article in a national newspaper which you ignored as it didn't suit your narrative. You claimed it was some random Facebook meme.

Yet you are unable to produce any evidence for your claim that everything will be open in a few weeks.

nothing is going to change before the end of 2020

So just to clarify, that's your opinion then??

Because the experts have a different approach:
    anything that happens after May 5 will be conditional on what we see in the behaviour of the virus

I posted the article in a national newspaper which you ignored as it didn't suit your narrative. You claimed it was some random Facebook meme.

Again, more lies.

Where did i claim anything about the lockdown was a Facebook meme?? Quote please

Still waiting for soupandpoitin to quote the person who said the lockdown will last for all of 2020...

Are you going to do it or not??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭uli84

Gary kk wrote: »
    Who said we have to stay in lockdown until the end of the year

Must have been some idiot

• Advertisement

I posted the article in a national newspaper which you ignored as it didn't suit your narrative..

I'm actually going to suggest here that you didn't actually read the article.... Because if you did you'd see what a fool your making of yourself by perpetuating those lies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

So just to clarify, that's your opinion then??

Because the experts have a different approach:

Experts can be found with all kinds of opinions, when an expert says to reopen you will dismiss it, the best thing might be for you to stay in self isolation and let others decide what is best for themselves

Experts can be found with all kinds of opinions, when an expert says to reopen you will dismiss it, the best thing might be for you to stay in self isolation and let others decide what is best for themselves

Fine, and to clarify again for anyone who might stumble in here.

No one said that the lockdown will last until the end of 2020, which was previously claimed by a poster.

An Irish Independent article today starkly warned that "Ireland is likely to remain in virtual lockdown for much of 2020"

Source : https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/coronavirus-ireland-no-end-to-restrictions-until-vaccine-for-covid-19-is-found-39126119.html

This is demonstrably correct. Make of it what you will. Declare it fake news. Then you have to discount everything the mainstream media says as possibly fake.

As it's behind a paywall, I can't access it and am not willing to pay for it.

I am assuming a reputable newspaper wouldn't spread vicious social media like stories like some 5G hating nut, but maybe I'm wrong.

An Irish Independent article today starkly warned that "Ireland is likely to remain in virtual lockdown for much of 2020"

Source : https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/coronavirus-ireland-no-end-to-restrictions-until-vaccine-for-covid-19-is-found-39126119.html

This is demonstrably correct. Make of it what you will. Declare it fake news. Then you have to discount everything the mainstream media says as fake.

Still waiting for you to quote the person who said what you claim.

And honestly, have you actually read that article or did you just find the headline?

Because there is nothing in that article to back up what you claim.

So.... I'm still waiting.

Name and quote the person please

Edit: HAHA I'm buckled here in laughter...
    So you didn't actually read the article.!!!!
    What a joke

And honestly, have you actually read that article or did you just find the headline?

What a joke

You haven't answered anything yet. You are taking a position and have repeatedly failed to defend it. I have been honest and straightforward with my source and all you can do is sneer and deflect. You haven't provided a single shred of evidence to back your claim that we won't be locked down for most of 2020. Because you don't have any evidence. None.

Every statement so far is "the virus will decide" and empty platitudes. If "the virus decides" we are potentially locked down for 18 months at least until there is a vaccine readily available.

All you can do is say "produce evidence" when you yourself produce none.

Where is your evidence? I'm waiting. I've shown you mine, now you show me yours.

It's clear we can't reopen until there is a vaccine. Look at China, they are experiencing the beginning of a second wave already, and they have the iron fist of a communist dictatorship behind their lockdown.

Spain and Italy have started reopening tentatively, let's see what happens there, shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

This is demonstrably correct. Make of it what you will. Declare it fake news. Then you have to discount everything the mainstream media says as possibly fake.

As it's behind a paywall, I can't access it and am not willing to pay for it.

I am assuming a reputable newspaper wouldn't spread vicious social media like stories like some 5G hating nut, but maybe I'm wrong.

You will do well in stand-up comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭JPCN1

What a joke

No need to be a tosser.

National newspaper Newspaper runs a headline " No end to restrictions until vaccine for Cover-19 is found" I guessing the hope of scaring people into spending the money to read it.

Your ire should be reserved for the editor of the Indo.

alwald wrote: »
    You will do well in stand-up comedy.

Not much of a future there for the next 18 months if we are all locked down.

All I claimed is that no one said what you posted.

You posted it, your responsible to stand over your own words.

You failed laughably and now all your trying to do is "look over there"... When youve been shown to form your opinion from nothing more than a headline from a glorified tabloid.

You've given me a great laugh this morning, I'll give that :D

• Advertisement

JPCN1 wrote: »
    No need to be a tosser.

National newspaper Newspaper runs a headline " No end to restrictions until vaccine for Cover-19 is found" I guessing the hope of scaring people into spending the money to read it.

If something like that was circulated on Facebook or Youtube they would consider taking it down.

JPCN1 wrote: »
    No need to be a tosser.

Or to people perpetuating lies in a popular public forum... I know where is prefer to spend energy.

And no need to be insulting either

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Glenomra

We have been repeatedly advised for decades by commentators on RTE and the Irish times etc to follow what the Scandinavian countries do as regards social policy etc. Not a dickey bird out of them now as Sweden leads the way in dealing sensibly with this virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Not much of a future there for the next 18 months if we are all locked down.

Put your posts behind a paywall...you will make a fortune!

All I claimed is that no one said what you posted.

You posted it, your responsible to stand over your own words.

You failed laughably and now all your trying to do is "look over there"... When youve been shown to form your opinion from nothing more than a headline from a glorified tabloid.

You've given me a great laugh this morning, I'll give that :D

Glad I could brighten your day. Meanwhile people are dying in hospitals and others have lost their liveliehoods and businesses up and down the country. But sure it's a great laugh.

So the Indo is a glorified tabloid?

Glad I could brighten your day. Meanwhile people are dying in hospitals and others have lost their liveliehoods and businesses up and down the country. But sure it's a great laugh.

So the Indo is a glorified tabloid?

Yes it is.

You'd do well to form your opinions from better sources (or all least read beyond the headline)

Glenomra wrote: »
    We have been repeatedly advised for decades by commentators on RTE and the Irish times etc to follow what the Scandinavian countries do as regards social policy etc. Not a dickey bird out of them now as Sweden leads the way in dealing sensibly with this virus.

We aren't following the "Swedish model" now that's for sure. Time will tell who got it right. The jury is out at the moment.

Yes it is.

You'd do well to form your opinions from better sources (or all least read beyond the headline)

Ok which better sources? Or are you going to dodge that one too?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Or to people perpetuating lies in a popular public forum... I know where is prefer to spend energy.

And no need to be insulting either

What a joke

Your own words.

As I said take it up with the indo who are playing on peoples fears torn a buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

nothing is going to change before the end of 2020,covid 19 is going to there whether we go out and face it next week or Christmas day. The measures taken I understood were so the health system would not be overrun. This has been successful with a drop in cases in ICU with covid reported yesterday and over 500 beds available. There should be some industries ,shops etc allowed reopen if they want to.

No. There are 500 ICU beds IN TOTAL for the whole country and that includes private.

And No, ICU numbers have not went down. They have went UP. Right Now, 148 of patients have Covid-19 in ICU with another 127 non-Covid patients in ICU. That's over half of the ICU beds taken.

No. The measures were only to ensure that our limited ICU can cope. We have managed to do that by shutting stuff down. There will be no reopenings "if they want to". The whole idea was to slow it down. Not speed it up. It hasn't went away, all that's happened is people have been removed from mass contagion spreading areas. Work and other people.

Advertisement