Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hazard a guess for when the gyms will re-open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

They didn't say anything in the mail about pool not being up yet?
    Wasn't happy to see they were taking payment today, really should have warned people when payment would start again, plenty who will not yet want (or may be unable for health reasons) to return but who won't want to cancel their membership.

depends on the branch i guess

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

Joined Iveagh fitness to keep my going until FlyeFit reopens. Decent enough gym actually and has been quiet when i have been there. However, I think a KG there is at least 40% heavier than it was in Flyefit.....man i have gotten weak in the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Reps4jesus wrote: »
    Joined Iveagh fitness to keep my going until FlyeFit reopens. Decent enough gym actually and has been quiet when i have been there. However, I think a KG there is at least 40% heavier than it was in Flyefit.....man i have gotten weak in the last 3 months.

One of the little known impacts of COVID-19 has been it's impact on gravity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Drove down to Westwood at 11.30 yesterday and there was a queue of approx 100 people, one in one out and they were queueing in the rain. Done a swift u turn and will be joining somewhere else.

They then have the cheek to take membership fees yesterday after that shambles of a showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Did you get a monthly membership? I think I'll do the same now.

• Advertisement

Kamu wrote: »
    Did you get a monthly membership? I think I'll do the same now.

Can get 1, 3, 6 and 12 month memberships

http://www.iveaghfitness.ie/iveagh-fitness-membership.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JayRoc

hunter164 wrote: »
    Drove down to Westwood at 11.30 yesterday and there was a queue of approx 100 people, one in one out and they were queueing in the rain. Done a swift u turn and will be joining somewhere else.

They then have the cheek to take membership fees yesterday after that shambles of a showing.

Which branch was that? I get the impression most of the mentions here have been regarding Clontarf Rd?

Thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Looks to me as if the shortest once-off is 2-months.

https://secure10.clubwise.com/iveaghfitnessclub/pos.asp

fatbhoy wrote: »

I'm sure you could sign up for a month on the DD option...its just a different offering allowing you to pay month by month like a Flyefit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

JayRoc wrote: »
    Which branch was that? I get the impression most of the mentions here have been regarding Clontarf Rd?

Yea it was Clontarf. I’ve emailed the branch manager looking for a refund. I’ll more than likely be leaving Westwood now, terrible handling of re-opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

I signed up for the two months anyway as worried about getting a slot when flyefit first opens back up

I signed up for the two months anyway as worried about getting a slot when flyefit first opens back up

Got myself two months there just now. looking forward seeing some weights again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Kamu wrote: »
    Got myself two months there just now. looking forward seeing some weights again.

Was happy to see the weights in the local gym too. The gym instructor told me I would need to do more than look at them though to get any benefit though. The cheek of him!

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Was happy to see the weights in the local gym too. The gym instructor told me I would need to do more than look at them though to get any benefit though. The cheek of him!

If I can get fat from looking at cake, I can get jacked from looking at weights!
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

My gym quietly reactivated my direct debit. Pretty annoying. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I'm sure you could sign up for a month on the DD option...its just a different offering allowing you to pay month by month like a Flyefit

I sent them a message:
    Can I get a one month once-off membership (i.e. just pay for a month)?

to which I received this reply:
    At the moment we just have 3 months up front membership which is 180 plus joining fee 29

I sent them a message:

At the moment we just have 3 months up front membership which is 180 plus joining fee 29

I paid for two months through their website, got email confirmation that it was accepted and an introductory email.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Going this evening for the first time in months. So. Fcukin. Excited.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Booked in a spin class for saturday. will try hit the weights beforehand, mostly booked the class as an intro to see what the place is like and if i should even try get near a rack!
    ahhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Only 3 days back at it and the 3 parts of my body that I worked are crippled with DOMS.

Lost quite a bit of strength in my upper body but legs somehow are pretty similiar to what they were before lockdown...maybe it's from carrying all my extra takeaway weight :pac:

I'm so happy to be back at it, even the DOMS are a welcome feeling! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

My gym is now re-opening a week earlier on the 13th instead of the 20th July. Have to ring the day before to book a slot. It'll be 90 mins slots, no changing facilities etc, as others have said of their gyms. I had better get a slot for the morning it re-opens!!

I sent them a message:

So I emailed them a little earlier, as the link to the member site was broken in the original email i received after paying through the website, and I got a response:

"Membership is granted first via application during covid and is based on 3 months - plus the admin fee."

... I waiting to hear back in relation to the two months membership i payed for a couple of hours ago. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭GerryFog

Iveagh fitness what a gym

Amazing equipment, never busy, loads of beautiful brazilian birds.

Best gym in Dublin. I suggest everyone should check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

My gym is now re-opening a week earlier on the 13th instead of the 20th July. Have to ring the day before to book a slot. It'll be 90 mins slots, no changing facilities etc, as others have said of their gyms. I had better get a slot for the morning it re-opens!!

I was really hoping flyefit might do the same if they were ahead of schedule. Doesn't seem to be happening! Ah well, only 2 more weeks now I guess! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Standman wrote: »
    My gym quietly reactivated my direct debit. Pretty annoying. :mad:

FlyeFit?

I got the issue sorted with Iveagh Fitness, they were really sound about it.

I'm halfway through my first workout in months,
    I can undeniable claim that, you can't, in fact, get jacked from looking at weights; you have to lift them.

*Rice Flair* WOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Has anyone been in Westwood Fairview in the evenings? I've only been there between about 0700 and 0845 the last 3 days. What's it like in the evenings/afternoons?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

app working well now for Gymplus, a few slots full and a few near full but doesn't appear to be a mad rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

GerryFog wrote:
    Amazing equipment, never busy, loads of beautiful brazilian birds.

I openly admit I immediately checked out their membership rates following this comment yesterday evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement