Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed watching tv after dinner, steak and wedges *taps belly* happy sephers........

Uh oh I better change the channel fast or else my hands will go paralyzed again and won't be able to change the channel when fair ****ty comes on :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,139 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fair City is on tonight?:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gah I'm cranky.. Watched a crap movie. Maybe I'll have tea.

Gah I'm cranky.. Watched a crap movie. Maybe I'll have tea.

Beer.

Lying on my bed watching tv after dinner, steak and wedges *taps belly* happy sephers........

Uh oh I better change the channel fast or else my hands will go paralyzed again and won't be able to change the channel when fair ****ty comes on :eek:

Do you still watch Home and Away Sephers?Why doesn't Marilyn ever age the biiiatch.😄

I went to bed after work, I never normally do that apart from maybe a snooze on the couch. I slept for ages,felt like my body was in shutdown, so so tired,I think all the ling walks during the week as well as work caught up with me,feeling a bit better now.
    I have to go to the shop which is a 5 minute walk but I know I'm going to drive, my excuse is that I need a litr6of milk and it's too heavy to carry but the truth is I'm too damn lazy.

Regarding the steaks,I can never get them really tasty like in a restaurant, they're grand,I fry them with mushrooms and onions, don't really eat them myself but the lads love steak, I think I'm missing a secret ingredient. Also I've never cooked an edible piece of beef, always tough as fck,I'm great with chicken ,fish and ham but would love to do a lovely roast.

Not feeling the wine love these days,I pour a glass most nights but usually dump half of it,I'm struggling to find satisfaction at the moment in anything lol and yet I'm happy out self distancing from the hoardes.. I know I'm weird. 😂

• Advertisement

Do you still watch Home and Away Sephers?Why doesn't Marilyn ever age the biiiatch.��

I went to bed after work, I never normally do that apart from maybe a snooze on the couch. I slept for ages,felt like my body was in shutdown, so so tired,I think all the ling walks during the week as well as work caught up with me,feeling a bit better now.
    I have to go to the shop which is a 5 minute walk but I know I'm going to drive, my excuse is that I need a litr6of milk and it's too heavy to carry but the truth is I'm too damn lazy.

Regarding the steaks,I can never get them really tasty like in a restaurant, they're grand,I fry them with mushrooms and onions, don't really eat them myself but the lads love steak, I think I'm missing a secret ingredient. Also I've never cooked an edible piece of beef, always tough as fck,I'm great with chicken ,fish and ham but would love to do a lovely roast.

Not feeling the wine love these days,I pour a glass most nights but usually dump half of it,I'm struggling to find satisfaction at the moment in anything lol and yet I'm happy out self distancing from the hoardes.. I know I'm weird. ��

An edible piece of roast beef is easy. We can help you. :DSteak is easy too. The not so secret ingredient is leave them out at room temp and season with salt and pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Grandeeod wrote: »
    An edible piece of roast beef is easy. We can help you. :D Steak is easy too. The not so secret ingredient is leave them out at room temp and season with salt and pepper.

you have a gift grandeeod.

edible is never easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This talk of food is embarrassing. I've just had dinner - left over mashed potato, mashed turnip and tenderstem broccoli mixed together and fried with beans.

I spent the day doing little bits about the place, I'm tired today so shall relax for the evening.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    you have a gift grandeeod.

edible is never easy.

No gift DB. Just practice. A good cut and cooked properly. The knife should just glide through it and no need to chew it. That said some people like different cuts and a bit of fat and slight chew.

My mother nearly scared me off roast beef until a friends mother showed me how to do it the right way. The mothers beef was just fired into the oven on a high heat for two hours flat. You'd need a fcukin chainsaw to cut it and steel teeth to eat it. She still denies it to this day.:D

This talk of food is embarrassing. I've just had dinner - left over mashed potato, mashed turnip and tenderstem broccoli mixed together and fried with beans.

I spent the day doing little bits about the place, I'm tired today so shall relax for the evening.

Did you cut the grass?? I cut mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Do you still watch Home and Away Sephers?Why doesn't Marilyn ever age the biiiatch.��

Not feeling the wine love these days,I pour a glass most nights but usually dump half of it,I'm struggling to find satisfaction at the moment in anything lol and yet I'm happy out self distancing from the hoardes.. I know I'm weird. ��

Get a slow cooker D for beef.....seal it in the pan and sit it on a bed of carrot, celery and onion with a few cloves of garlic, Lob in half a pint of good beef stock with a good dollop of soy sauce and worchestshire sauce....top off with half a bottle of red wine and let it cook for 6/7 hours on a low heat.....make fab gravy with the juices.....meat falls apart.

Did you cut the grass?? I cut mine!

No, tomorrow. Probably ... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Regarding the steaks,I can never get them really tasty like in a restaurant,

˜‚

You should try a steak a la sephers sometime there real tasty 😏

😛

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On the talk of steak. My boyfriend does a lovely one. He maintains putting oil directly on the steak first, salt and pepper and then popping into a roasting hot pan with butter (no oil in pan) and do not turn for about two minutes, then flip over and two mins on the other side until sealed and into the oven for another few. I don’t even really like red meat but the way he does steak is unbelievable! Really tender and looks fab all sliced up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Beer.

Had two, not hitting the spot at all, so tea now. Much better..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Yet again, I arrive & you are all on about food...

Quitter! :pac:

On the talk of steak. My boyfriend does a lovely one. He maintains putting oil directly on the steak first, salt and pepper and then popping into a roasting hot pan with butter (no oil in pan) and do not turn for about two minutes, then flip over and two mins on the other side until sealed and into the oven for another few. I don’t even really like red meat but the way he does steak is unbelievable! Really tender and looks fab all sliced up

Sorry but ehh you would say that he is your bf after all 🙄

😛😆

Hitting the spot here, but then I'm stuck in the oul Holy Thursday days, when beer was banned on the following day!:eek:

But we are in far far different times this year. At least I cut the grass.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Gifted , how are the chicks, coping ok with the restrictions and no swimming?

Any more baking lately ?

Might chance my arm and try make a coffee cake over the weekend!

• Advertisement

Sorry but ehh you would say that he is your bf after all 🙄

😛😆

Genuinely hate the word finance Seph I just can’t say it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Cant spell it either it seems ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

None of us like the word Finance :D

Couchside and just received the news a friends mother has died. In shock here

Hitting the spot here, but then I'm stuck in the oul Holy Thursday days, when beer was banned on the following day!:eek:

But we are in far far different times this year. At least I cut the grass.:D

Almost always drank on the Friday, no security to do!. Barbecue and cans, oh to missing friends :o

That's ok because I can't spell it 😆

Blame the wine :D

Betrothed is de wurd yis want ladz :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Gifted , how are the chicks, coping ok with the restrictions and no swimming?

Any more baking lately ?

Might chance my arm and try make a coffee cake over the weekend!

Hi Mam, chicks are flying......constantly eating but they out the back a lot after they do their homework.....tbf they are getting along grand. The youngest chick can’t understand how the neighbours kids are still playing together out the back and it’s hard to explain to her that their parents are thick *****...excuse my french lol lol

I made that coffee cake again last Saturday and crushed up a few walnuts to put on top of the icing...honestly it’s a simple cake to make and it’s fabulous.

Sorry to hear that Auto x.

Thanks Gifted,I only use the slow cooker for ham,made some yesterday, just the ham and a can of coke,delicious. I will definitely try that,do I need a particular cut of beef,not really a lover of too much fat.

Just back from the shop, 50e exactly and total unnecessary purchases apart from a punnet of blueberries and a 3 litre of milk ,I got a quick pick, an After Eights Easter egg and unmentionable dirty smokey things...I cant even say the word such is my embarrassment at being a user of them....50 f*ing euro.

• Advertisement

Almost always drank on the Friday, no security to do!. Barbecue and cans, oh to missing friends :o

Head wrecked here Grem. Always enjoyed a few pints on this Thursday if possible. Worked a few Easter Weekends as well, but always got a chance for a few pints in a Hotel at least. Stuck at home, safe so far, but you know the drill.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement