Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm listening to the birds too, it's so peaceful, so many different types of song..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Very frustrating day yesterday, one of my colleagues thought that because we are tested weekly, it was perfectly OK to break up our little teams and work with any of our colleagues. When I put a stop to it, he bitched and moaned all bloody day. This is the sort of person who wears a mask, but doesn’t cover his nose with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,139 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Time for a quick walk and then breakfast. The grass is looming.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Grandeeod wrote:
    Time for a quick walk and then breakfast. The grass is looming.

Just back from a walk, brekkie now & then deskside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchenside now with tea. I was writing, but somehow I've found myself online and... things keep falling into my online shopping cart...the ginger whinger is currently sleeping on my shoulder, but he made me buy all the things. He said "if you don't buy it, I'll sink my fangs into your jugular". https://ibb.co/n7JQdDs

https://ibb.co/ZmRYPwY

Beautiful cat 😍 thanks for sharing

Bedside with a cupan Tae and toast with honey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Very frustrating day yesterday, one of my colleagues thought that because we are tested weekly, it was perfectly OK to break up our little teams and work with any of our colleagues. When I put a stop to it, he bitched and moaned all bloody day. This is the sort of person who wears a mask, but doesn’t cover his nose with it :)

Wow, mensa material there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning lovely Wherers!

Just in from a beautiful walk … it’s looking like another lovely day. Was on the go for most of yesterday but downed tools for a very lazy (extended) lunch in the garden … ‘twas only gorgeous and the plan is to do the same again this afternoon. About to head out to do the parent's big shop. Much needed coffee beside me as I go over Mam’s list. It’s all over the shop but really cute … she calls many items by different names (e.g. porridge is flakemeal) and included is “a treat for yourself”! Brings back sweet memories of growing up on the farm. Mam used to go to town a lot (bank, mill, cornershop etc.) She wouldn’t have left the driveway when we would all tear out like the clappers to the garden and sit on the wall awaiting her return. After “hours” we’d spot the car and race to meet her. As there were so many of us, our treat was a packet of taytos cut in half. I think I know what I’ll be treating myself to today! Wishing Wherers everywhere a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Morena whanau! Hope you are all well, with at least one coffee in hand and some baking in the other <3 I have a cat on my lap and a coffee within reach - just!

Today is a funny day. Woke up to a lot of anger on Socials, targeting those that are going to their holiday home. Turned on the news and all that's there is sensationalist headline after sensationalist headline. In summary of today's headlines, ''everyone is going to the beach, your tax money is spent on microphones, everyone is dumping rubbish in Dublin, half a billion will be pushed into poverty - the world is ending and we must all look out for ourselves and ourselves only''. The same publication also publishes a wellness column.

Are we gone so far past the point of compassion and humanity that we turn against our neighbours and buy into the media hype? I don't believe people are going to their holiday homes, i think it's all rumour. But it's getting people angry and more pent up.

Can we abolish the news for one day please powers that be? Maybe a year? Yeah, a year.

K thanks love you bye x

Kitchenside now with tea. I was writing, but somehow I've found myself online and... things keep falling into my online shopping cart...the ginger whinger is currently sleeping on my shoulder, but he made me buy all the things. He said "if you don't buy it, I'll sink my fangs into your jugular". https://ibb.co/n7JQdDs

https://ibb.co/ZmRYPwY

THE GINGER WHINGER MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD MY OWN CAT WOKE UP WITH A LOOK OF DISGUST AT ME FOR WAKING HER FROM HER SLUMBER!!:pac::pac::pac::pac:

This. This for me wins the internet today. Widder, that quote is everything. Thank you! *Goes to wipe laugh-tears from eyeballs*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

supermouse wrote: »
    Morena whanau! Hope you are all well, with at least one coffee in hand and some baking in the other <3 I have a cat on my lap and a coffee within reach - just!

Today is a funny day. Woke up to a lot of anger on Socials, targeting those that are going to their holiday home. Turned on the news and all that's there is sensationalist headline after sensationalist headline. In summary of today's headlines, ''everyone is going to the beach, your tax money is spent on microphones, everyone is dumping rubbish in Dublin, half a billion will be pushed into poverty - the world is ending and we must all look out for ourselves and ourselves only''. The same publication also publishes a wellness column.

Are we gone so far past the point of compassion and humanity that we turn against our neighbours and buy into the media hype? I don't believe people are going to their holiday homes, i think it's all rumour. But it's getting people angry and more pent up.

Can we abolish the news for one day please powers that be? Maybe a year? Yeah, a year.

K thanks love you bye x

Where the coffee cakes at like?

• Advertisement

Where the coffee cakes at like?

In my belly?
    Thats a lie.
    In a recipe book.
    That's the truth ;)

supermouse wrote: »
    In my belly?
    Thats a lie.
    In a recipe book.
    That's the truth ;)

Hmmmm cheeky! 😏

Hmmmm cheeky! ðŸ˜

I do feel like baking today to be fair .... maybe it’s your lucky day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Feeling a lot better today after a few wobbly days. Last day of work before a nice spring weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Bright and sunny here so I think it's a day for the garden even if it is to read a book in it :)

Kitchenside contemplating breakfast :)

Deskside with the sweet stuff

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Kitchen, getting breakfast, silently raging at DPD because the one time in literally years I sleep after 8am they send a delivery time and attempt delivery of my new blue metallic Docs before I surfaced just before 9am...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Still in bed trying to read but my stomach is making so much noise I am just going to have to get up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

About to clean, sand and varnish my outside doors....I hate this kind of work :D

About to clean, sand and varnish my outside doors....I hate this kind of work :D

HHEEEYYYY PK... When you're done with that would you mind coming round and doing my interior doors and skirtings? Since you'll be a dab hand by then? I would, but I'm busy baking you see....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside, booting through the day. Not a lot going on in work so doing a bit of DJ Dave and listening to some weeeeird stuff I have in my iTunes, haven't listened to iTunes in forever since started stream on Spotify/ Tidal... Had tremndous leg strecher before work. Snap supplied :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Deskside, booting through the day. Not a lot going on in work so doing a bit of DJ Dave and listening to some weeeeird stuff I have in my iTunes, haven't listened to iTunes in forever since started stream on Spotify/ Tidal... Had tremndous leg strecher before work. Snap supplied :D

Stunning photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,139 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Front garden cut and weeded. Back garden next. I hate cutting grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Wonderful photo MetalDave.
    Still hungry, still haven't eaten. Went for a long walk instead. It's a beautiful day out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's a cracking day out there all right. But am still locked away in the home office while my two housemates enjoy reveling in the sunshine.
    Am wearing shorts today (calm yourself ladies) and my pale winter legs need serious exposure to the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Back door & window frame done..
    Now to tackle the front...my painting trakkie bottoms is a bit loose and it kinds slips down . So am wondering is the "deserted street / bottoms falling" ratio worth the risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Back door & window frame done..
    Now to tackle the front...my painting trakkie bottoms is a bit loose and it kinds slips down . So am wondering is the deserted street / bottoms falling ratio worth the risk!

*looking up and down the road to see how near a neighbor panda is* ( no sinister motive or snything)

Feeling a bit blue today, so I think I'll take a long walk down the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Absolutely gorgeous out , had a ramble up the road , could feel someone's eyes on me through the hedge .......
    Dammit pic won't load :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement