Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Watching the briefing live.

Jesus fuccking christ America is fuccked, this is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

It really is depressing knowing 10's of thousands, even hundreds of thousands, of people will die because of his ineptitude and inability to lead with an effective federal government response. It's like watching an approaching tsunami.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Feel so sorry for America. At a time when they needed real leadership, someone with experience and a modicum of education, they end up with a narcissistic game show host

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Drinking game:

Do a shot every time Trump says "Billions" and two when he says "China"

You'll be banjaxed within an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Trump is on a rambling tirade against Schumer and the Dems, he's not standing there to battle the Pandemic, he's got his eyes on the November elections only.... Unreal to think he's the leader of the U.S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Trump just said at the latest briefing.. you guys should probably wear masks but I wont be wearing a mask..at what stage does this go beyond a black comedy, 1500 dead in the last 24 hours and this is what he has to say for himself..Jesus Christ
    I watch his press conference every night. It would be comedy gold if the subject was not so serious. Here he is giving some fine medical advice the other night...

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1246941175027658752

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

What time is he speaking at tonight?

any minute now...

Just watching The Five on Fox as I'm waiting. They're going on about how they've turned a corner and see light at the end of the tunnel and how they're right on target to resume normal life by 1st May. USA has >1800 deaths so far today with several states still to submit their numbers. What on earth leads them to believe they've turned a corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

^^
    The stock market

• Advertisement

GetWithIt wrote: »
    ^^
    The stock market
    I don't understand the stock market, bonds, etc, etc, but with 6.5 million out of work, the economy shut down, oil at an all time low, why is stock going up? I thought it would have been on the floor by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Trump seems a little off, not as much fire in him tonight, hopefully some reporters can stoke him up.

Scotty # wrote: »
    why is stock going up?

Trump and Co are propping it up

I really can't fathom where they're getting the Billions (maybe now over a Trillion?) of dollars to do this anymore though

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Their death rate per million is better than Ireland, 38 v 43

Dark comedy gold https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

He's on now

M

Yes but New York has 280.

Trump seems a little off, not as much fire in him tonight, hopefully some reporters can stoke him up.

He seems so deflated... We need more tremendous, beautiful, never been done before.
    Still bitchy about the governor's though

Aren't they way behind on the curve by comparison?

CDC has predicted 500,000 (best case) to 1.5 million (worst case) dead in America from this

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

It sort of funny how everyone derides trump for not listening to experts yet it looks like the experts in the Whitehouse have been flying blind using models that have been completely useless. The Ferguson and imhe models have been terrible and they are still using them.

M

I think he's about to have a run now, he's mentioned them having the best tests in the world.

• Advertisement

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Aren't they way behind on the curve by comparison?

CDC has predicted 500,000 (best case) to 1.5 million (worst case) dead in America from this

They had a good start thanks to Trump shutting down travel early to China and Europe against the backlash from WHO and MSM.

he's mentioned them having the best tests in the world.
    Those Abbott tests he goes on about every night were developed in Ireland. He keeps referring to them a 5 minute tests but they're actually 15 minute test and each machine can only do one test at a time so max output of 4 tests/hr.

WHO getting bashed

I think he's right here. WHO are looking/are like a complete mouthpiece for China

M

The currency is under pressure with a poor oil price.

Trump says WHO is very China centric and they will look into the funding of them. He’s right there.

Also says dollar has got stronger through this while currencies in other countries have weakened. Good vote of confidence for his handling of this thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I wish the Orange Buffoon would stop giving out medical advice!

He's a miracle worker don't ya know. Another voter converted for him. Laughable if he didn't have a pandemic rampant in his country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Scotty # wrote: »
    Just watching The Five on Fox as I'm waiting. They're going on about how they've turned a corner and see light at the end of the tunnel and how they're right on target to resume normal life by 1st May. USA has >1800 deaths so far today with several states still to submit their numbers. What on earth leads them to believe they've turned a corner?

Noy watching the press conference but its because the models are predicting something like 60k total deaths now as opposed to the 150-200k of a couple of weeks ago. Social distancing measures seem to be working to flatten the curve, but its nothing to do with Trump. More the governers and citizens of the states who have taken action without him. It is working though so why not be optimistic?

Don't know about "normal life" resuming May 1st though, more like June I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The flu is nothing to sneeze at. - Trump

This is gold already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

His press conferences are the best thing on TV at the moment. Especially the Q&A. Seriously.

Advertisement