Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

There are such very different responses from people to the extension. I was relieved to hear it. Until we know more we must be cautious. The economy will wait. Plus I enjoy the quietness. Then my oldest phones me as I am 2 minutes into pondering that, and they are effing and blinding and saying how they will go off their bleeding rocker with the extension. :D:D Don't mean to laugh at them, but it is what it is. The caution of age versus the irrepressible energy of youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Baseball72

Doing some painting etc around the house/garden during this period would be a good use of one's time and would help with our mental health, provided the hardware stores put the appropriate procedures on social distancing in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

BanditLuke wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to hear that, honestly.

I get emotional when i deliver food to my own parents every week and all i can do is see them through the sliding door glass. They look all at sea and lost and they miss their grandkids desperately. Never thought i'd see times like this. :(

Honestly, at what point is living a sh1tty life of fear worth it.

The medicine is becoming worse that the disease.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

There is usually a briefing on Fridays, or am I mistaken?

Don`t forget today is Good Friday which even if things were normal would still have been a day off for the public service including the Dept. of Health.
    Anyway whatever about today there won`t be one on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Has the press conference started already? :P
    Hmm? Just looking at worldometers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Honestly, at what point is living a sh1tty life of fear worth it.

The medicine is becoming worse that the disease.

I hope you don't make a career out of trying to cheer people up. The empathy is strong in this one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Don`t forget today is Good Friday which even if things were normal would still have been a day off for the public service.

Were they all not giving a conference an hour ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Do you understand the difference between those who run an organisation and those who work on the frontline? Clearly you don't!

Healthcare workers have been let down more than anyone by HSE and government mistakes.

I do actually which is why when I'm talking about the health service I make a point of saying which part I'm talking about. I never say the HSE as a blanket term unlike you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    We are all arguing amoung ourselves.. That's a good sign. Not the huge surge ogg body's building up.
    By May what is going to happen economically?
    Not just to Ireland but Europe too,

Well food will be a problem. All the cheap labour that is used to pick all the veg in spain can’t cross the border.

I know it’s hard to think 2 months in advance but we could be back to meat and 2 veg. If hardware store was open I wouldn’t be painting , I’d be planting my zuccinis and other foreign veg which won’t be available in supermarkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

I welcome the government being honest about the lockdown extension. It is long but it's just what is required. The UK government know it'll be ages yet but are being coy. I think people feel less anxious when they have a concrete date. I'm aware that it could be extended beyond May 5th but at least you can plan that it won't be before that.

They haven't been honest once in this entire shambles. The whole thing has been an exercise in communication management.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ficheall wrote: »
    100k deaths milestone passed..

and that's just those officially recorded. Who knows what the real figure is

• Registered Users Posts: 37,884 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote:
    I do actually which is why when I'm talking about the health service I make a point of saying which part I'm talking about. I never say the HSE as a blanket term unlike you did.
    You didn't make it very clear, tbh I don't believe you. I think your backtracking now after being put on your place.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Source ?

Figures presented based on testing that we subsequently discovered couldn't have taken place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Beasty

ECDC has us at 7393 cases after inclusion of tests sent to German laboratories not included in the total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

polesheep wrote: »
    They haven't been honest once in this entire shambles. The whole thing has been an exercise in communication management.

I haven't been following much as UK based but what have they been dishonest about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

easypazz wrote: »
    Were they all not giving a conference an hour ago?

Yes which is another reason why there might not be another briefing this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Fcuk off george with your conveyor belt of misery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hard copy

BBC finally speaking truth to power

509051.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

eagle eye wrote: »
    You didn't make it very clear, tbh I don't believe you. I think your backtracking now after being put on your place.

Put in my place ? By who exactly ? Fair enough don't believe me.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I've been saying from the get go, that "normal" life wasn't resume until the vaccine become available.

Normal being we can get on a plane and go anywhere in the world.

That's true. We will most likely require a vaccination cert to travel internationally. That doesn't mean, however, that we cannot get back to 'some sort' of normality.

New Home wrote: »
    I hope you don't make a career of trying to cheer people up. The empathy is strong in this one. :rolleyes:

You're getting in the way of "economic progress" with that attitude.

*Sarcasm mode disabled*

You'd swear the sky was falling in for some people with extension of restrictions. While the numbers diagnosed with Covid-19 are still rising. Impatience and selfishness are not the highest virtues.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

polesheep wrote: »

What do you suggest genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Glenomra wrote: »
    544 new cases only in Sweden, two times our population, during the last day. An exemplar in how to manage affairs without imposing a draconian lockdown like we did.

Um approaching 1000 deaths btw, more importantly. Their cases are low because what is the point in testing large numbers if the goal is herd immunity, testing is just for the purpose of contact tracing and slowing spread, which Sweden have no interest in doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I haven't been following much as UK based but what have they been dishonest about?

They're obfuscating on the number of cases and the number of tests completed.

It's very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

UK going to be above china by Sunday at this rate for confirmed cases (yes I know I know about the numbers)

They gave figures based on testing that hadn't actually taken place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,320 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Watching the Angelus just there : lovely touch to put portrait pics of Irish healthcare workers instead of the usual material

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Some areas of alarming growth in the last 48 hours are:
    Belarus +1000 cases
    Singapore 500
    Ecudaor 3000
    Russia 3200
    Turkey 10,000
    Brazil 2200
    Peru +1500
    Japan almost 1000 cases in the last 48 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Will there be a daily case update today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement