Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

ForestFire wrote: »
    Why are the UK reporting numbers very specific to hospitals (or at least the way they are wording it)

"Total number of deaths in UK hospitals from coronavirus rises to 7,097"

Is there more deaths outside hospitals?
    Are deaths outside hospitals, sent to hospitals anyway and still recorded in these figures?

Because the uk has a large,elderly isolated population

They'll be finding bodies in 6 months time from this

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Should have got 6 months

Working in a morgue with covid victims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I put a link up earlier today about a woman who was due in court for coughing at a Garda and saying Coronavirus. Loitering around and drinking with others which is why the Garda were there.

Rachel Conway, 28 years old, mother of 3 Sentenced to 28 days.

Good enough for the b1tch.

Just saw that. Not long enough though. Coughing into someone's face like that is just so wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

May not be Covid deaths. Linked article below relates to a massive drop in admissions for heart attacks in high impact areas such Lombardy, Madrid and New York. No firm conclusion is made but maybe in a lot of cases people with early heart attack symptoms are so afraid to go to the hospital that they ignore it, and in some cases then die as a result. Will really only know when data is analysed afterwards.
    https://www.tctmd.com/news/mystery-missing-stemis-during-covid-19-pandemic

Yeah, I would imagine that that would account for some of the increase, but you would also have a decrease in other aspects due to factors due to a lockdown (road traffic accidents, for example). As you say, we will only be able to tell when the data is crunched afterwards, but interesting nonetheless.

Should have got 6 months

Whilst I would have been happier with 6 months, I think the 28 days was a great call by the judge.

Wouldn’t have the bleeding hearts pleading her case as a poor mammy. No parole in half the time to annoy the rest of us. Just has to do all those days and I hope every one of them feels like a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

DubInMeath wrote: »
    You've said this in nearly every post, I'd love to know what site you work in.

National park down south. I'm probably more vocal about this since I am one of 6 lads that are permanent so I am there a lot and I have 8 years experience in it so for some reason my corporate overlords think I need to be there 24/7. I doubt I am the only tourism worker who is experiencing this and yes, I realise how lucky I am to be even working at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

your welcome mate

Ok...?

rm212 wrote: »
    That would be a great explanation if we weren’t in lockdown and a “major road” shouldn’t be needed for getting food and supplies...

I have no idea what you mean by that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

I think you missed the point mate, he doesn't pay his taxes here like the rest of us

How do you know, are you his accountant?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

fullstop wrote: »
    You seem very touchy about him. Fair play for donating €10m, great gesture.

I agree it's a nice gesture but I don't agree with tax avoidance. Theres too many wealthy philanthropists who try their best to avoid pay tax but still put a lot of pressure on government's to support their cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Any kind of immunity test won't work either.

Why - are you a medical expert?

This article details the issues regarding critical level of antibodies

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3078840/coronavirus-low-antibody-levels-raise-questions-about?__twitter_impression=true

froog wrote: »
    the 1918 second wave was due to a heavily mutated influenza virus. from what i've read coronavirus is much less likely to undergo such a mutation as it's an RNA virus. current thinking is if you gain immunity you should be pretty safe, at least for a few years.

See the article. The problem is - younger people especially appear not to be producing antibodies in large enough numbers ie the antibodies which are needed to provide immunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

easypazz wrote: »
    Can you ask your wife what taxes U2 are evading at the moment

I know the difference between evading and avoiding, thank you anyway.

Doctors and nurses and cleaners and supermarket staff are all waiting in line at the roadblocks like everyone else.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Should have got 6 months

3 years, minimum

threeball wrote: »
    Apparently they don't pay tax so thats no advantage to them.

They can't take it with them. We'll get it in the end;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

easypazz wrote: »
    We are not wide open.

Firstly very few arrivals now
    Secondly they are required to isolate
    Thirdly we are all isolating from each other anyway.

As soon as we start to get ahead of this you can be sure arrivals will jump through serious hoops to get in.

Not good enough especially for those flying from London or New York. We can only assume that everyone flying from those two locations are covid infected. They need to be put in masks and gloves and bused to a hotel where they are kept in rooms for 2 weeks, with room service. Then tested and let back into community when negative.

At present they are allowed home to families and flatmates where they can easily spread the virus and then it can spread to community. Sure look at how the backpackers were greeted on return from south america, hugs and kisses all around. If a parent brought a covid 19 passenger home they would also be infected.

This is basic 101 of containing a second wave. That the CMO and Harris don't get this demonstrates very poor judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Whilst I would have been happier with 6 months, I think the 28 days was a great call by the judge.

Wouldn’t have the bleeding hearts pleading her case as a poor mammy. No parole in half the time to annoy the rest of us. Just has to do all those days and I hope every one of them feels like a year.

Great to see how swifty this was dealt with.

Arrested yesterday, taken to court today, found guilty and handed down a justified custody sentence.

In the clink tonight and for the next 27 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Did that Togher cretin from cork get get any jail time or just a slap on the wrist?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

As much as I agree that some people are idiots, that road is still not near as busy as a normal day here are the actual stats for just past Bray compared to normal levels at a random week in Feb. And had the same level of traffic some days last week. Checkpoints caused the bottle neck and its right that they did, proper order that they set them up

Not near as busy as normal, but busier than last week.
    N5GlBuh.jpg

Who knew you could measure selfishness...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

gozunda wrote: »
    Why - are you a medical expert?

This article details the issues regarding critical level of antibodies

https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3078840/coronavirus-low-antibody-levels-raise-questions-about?__twitter_impression=true

The tests detect antibodies. If someone has low levels of antibodies, the tests may not work.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Just saw that. Not long enough though. Coughing into someone's face like that is just so wrong.

She should have got 50 lashes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Not good enough especially for those flying from London or New York. We can only assume that everyone flying from those two locations are covid infected. They need to be put in masks and gloves and bused to a hotel where they are kept in rooms for 2 weeks, with room service. Then tested and let back into community when negative.

At present they are allowed home to families and flatmates where they can easily spread the virus and then it can spread to community. Sure look at how the backpackers were greeted on return from south america, hugs and kisses all around. If a parent brought a covid 19 passenger home they would also be infected.

This is basic 101 of containing a second wave. That the CMO and Harris don't get this demonstrates very poor judgement.

**** that

Everyone entering Ireland's airports should have to have a minimum of two weeks worth of sandwiches on their person

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Did that Togher cretin from cork get get any jail time or just a slap on the wrist?

He hasn't been sentenced yet, just charged. He was due back in court on April 1st but nothing in the news about it.

The uk was doing this weeks ago with people coming back from china and seemed v.effective

We need to do this....but have we capacity....or maybe could kit out old army barracks??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Donald T has commenced his daily broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

I put a link up earlier today about a woman who was due in court for coughing at a Garda and saying Coronavirus. Loitering around and drinking with others which is why the Garda were there.

Rachel Conway, 28 years old, mother of 3 Sentenced to 28 days.

Good enough for the b1tch.

Hope a responsible person will look after the three kids

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

The Trump comedy show has started !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

In relation to the IT article yesterday stating the peak had probably passed, and we would see 400 deaths by August? Is this rubbish reporting considering the increase in deaths over the past 2 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

9_123.jpg?resize=900x900

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement