Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    100% agree

My mental health is absolutely fúcked from this.

I'm starting to resemble this guy more and more every day

https://bamfstyle.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/dude6-main.jpg

Get over it DUDE

• Registered Users Posts: 25,021 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

fritzelly wrote: »
    Agree with him about the WHO (China centric among many things)

It’s a UN agency which has and IS a major stakeholder in trying to sort this problem ... he’s nuts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I just cannot believe the gall of Paul Cullen.

In this article he says 'NPHET officials criticised new US research published on Tuesday which suggested Ireland had reached its peak, as unreliable.'

Published BY HIM!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-minister-to-sign-regulations-giving-garda%C3%AD-powers-to-enforce-lockdown-1.4223043

He's hilarious in the daily briefings, gets really stroppy

Managed to have a pop at both Tony and Cillian today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

My God Trump is an insufferable moron.

Waffle waffle waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,879 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

1000'S dying everyday, ''but but we have zero interest, zero ! Amazing. ''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Sorry, you said “2km zone for walking etc will be withdrawn for starters.”

And then linked to an article that said nothing about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭JRant

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Trump not happy with the WHO. Withdrawing funding.

He's dead right

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

growleaves wrote: »
    How is that hysterical? The guards have powers of arrest. The penalties for a conviction are a €2,500 fine and up to six months in prison.

That's literally what we're discussing.

Policing has always been lot "softer" here compared to many of our European neighbours,
    There seems to be a " ah sure what harm was I doing?" or "I was only having the bit of craic" mentality in certain quarters. The majority of people can be trusted to do the right thing. These powers are to deal with the idiots who can't be trusted to behave in as responsible manner in a time when we all need to put our shoulders to the wheel.

This sounds a lot like “I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Trump giving out about the WHO - putting a hold on all funds to them

WHO is on first, WHAT is on second!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Genuinely looking forward to the comedy that will be Gemma O’Doherty’s reaction to this.

I hope she will be first to get arrested and thrown into a cell for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Strumms wrote: »
    If they haven’t got the medical expertise and facts to back it up they should shût the fûck up... Twitter is basically just full of empty headed fûckwit attention seekers, best ignored.

Yeah it doesn't line up with the projection of positive cases in early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Trump is right what he said about Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This sounds a lot like “I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman”.

I suppose he could have got someone to read it for him and then technically he wouldn't have seen it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,385 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It’s a UN agency which has and IS a major stakeholder in trying to sort this problem ... he’s nuts.

They are a privately funded (by countries) organisation
    There is no oversight on them

They have screwed up on this from the start, praising China, believing everything they said, not doing any investigative work on their own (H2H doesn't exist for coronavirus), waiting til every country in the world was infected before declaring a pandemic (how are those pandemic funds looking). Tedros seemed more concerned with protecting Africa while saying they are the most prepared for it.
    The list goes on...

Money talks for them

Seamai wrote: »
    Policing has always been lot "softer" here compared to many of our European neighbours,
    There seems to be a " ah sure what harm was I doing?" or "I was only having the bit of craic" mentality in certain quarters. The majority of people can be trusted to do the right thing. These powers are to deal with the idiots who can't be trusted to behave in as responsible manner in a time when we all need to put our shoulders to the wheel.

100%... it’s to deal with the selfish fûcks who while are very much in the minority are still numerous enough to force casualties on our country if not dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,915 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Amirani wrote: »
    I used to work for HIQA, I know exactly what they do. It doesn't extend to sourcing or providing PPE to private nursing homes...

That's grand so, sure aren't they doing a great job.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

• Registered Users Posts: 85,752 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A guy on Claire Byrne Live, could have been a doctor or professor said if symptoms bad and still waiting on a test or results, just go to your GP or A&E, forget waiting on test or results, how many are afraid to go A&E when their own GP won't see them so potentially dying at home while waiting a test or results, the maximum wait should be 48 hours for test and 72 hours in total for result

ROI needs to get the testing and resulting sorted quick smart, seems to be too long a length waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Cody montana

statesaver wrote: »
    Trump is right what he said about Biden.

What he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

The WHO have not covered themselves in glory in all of this. They issued a number of confusing and in some cases idiotic directives which helped spread this around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭kyote00

Biden called him a racist ****
    What he say?

I suppose he could have got someone to read it for him and then technically he wouldn't have seen it :D

Bigly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Oh boy

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Fine Gael becoming more authoritarian by the day.
    In fairness they've always had that tendency, all that the Health Minister has done, albeit belatedly in my opinion, is to give effect to powers granted by the Oireachtas.

The danger signal will be if a FF/FG dominated coalition government ^seeks to ^ renew the powers beyond November '20 without overwhelming medical evidence supporting such an extension.

The Emergency Powers Act (1939) was introduced at beginning of WWII and the State of Emergency invoked Twas not rescinded till the late '70s. Under the Constitution a State of Emergency once declared remains in existence until officially rescinded by the Dáil.

They are a privately funded (by countries) organisation
    There is no oversight on them

They have screwed up on this from the start, praising China, believing everything they said, not doing any investigative work on their own (H2H doesn't exist for coronavirus), waiting til every country in the world was infected before declaring a pandemic (how are those pandemic funds looking). Tedros seemed more concerned with protecting Africa while saying they are the most prepared for it.
    The list goes on...

Money talks for them

They are funded by the 194 member states and indeed by private medical companies, GlaxoSmithKline being one...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

If there's no progress by August that's well over 100 days of controls not solving the problem, time to face the music, better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
    You do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A guy on Claire Byrne Live, could have been a doctor or professor said if symptoms bad and still waiting on a test or results, just go to your GP or A&E, forget waiting on test or results, how many are afraid to go A&E when their own GP won't see them so potentially dying at home while waiting a test or results, the maximum wait should be 48 hours for test and 72 hours in total for result

ROI needs to get the testing and resulting sorted quick smart, seems to be too long a length waiting

You should never ever go to your GP or A&E if potentially suffering from covid19. This is the wrong advice. You risk infecting everyone there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭boardise

Still havent received that Covid booklet from the government - anyone else waiting?
    How am I supposed to know what to do...

Check in to the highly informative and helpful Covid 19 thread on Boards..........

.....oh wait !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement