Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That was his advice

So what do, stay at home and die

Ring 999 and request an ambulance. If you are in respiratory distress they'll dispatch one right away.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Trump

''The Flu is nothing to sneeze at ''

iimG16n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Trump now saying how the postal system should be run.

Like a postal system is normally run ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

He is leading by example. Fair play to him.

By doing one session ( 4 hours ) a week?
    It’s called optics..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Thread starting to be taken over with Trump commentators, even though there's already a Trump thread. I'm out for tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Like a postal system is normally run ?

His advice was good but there's a time and place for it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Witcher wrote: »
    Do we really need a blow by blow of what Trump is saying on a thread about Ireland?

Erm, yes.

US tech and pharma in Ireland I think warrants it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Sorry I didn't realise you were in control of the thread..get a life:pac:

What? You're trying to direct posters to not post about Trump's COVID19 brief in a COVID19 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I'll say it.
    I don't like that.
    I was born in the 1960s, have always had an interest in history, and though I know we are in a relatively difficult period right now, I do not like the fact that I can be arrested tomorrow for walking more than 2km from my home.

Argue all you like but I feel very uncomfortable about that.

What the Gardai are doing is taking a lethal weapon out of stupid peoples hands. If you want to put yourself in harms way, be my guest.
    But it's the putting other people in harms way thing that the Gardai and most of the population have a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

AllForIt wrote: »
    Erm, yes.

US tech and pharma in Ireland I think warrants it.

We don't need a blow by blow of his quotes. A summary of what he said and how it affects us would do. People repeating him is blocking up the thread with shoite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Speaking during a visit to McKee Barracks in Dublin today, Mr Vardakar said: "Whether it is people self-isolating for 14 days or obeying the rules around social distancing, I am proud that we as a country have been able to do that by consent.

"We have regulations on the table that are ready to sign if we need to bring in the kind of enforcement powers that exist in other countries.

“I don't want to be in a position where we are criminalising people for going more than two kilometres from their house without an adequate excuse.

“The last thing I want is people to come out of this emergency with fines and prison sentences and criminal convictions.

"I know that is the approach in other countries - I don't think that is our way. I think we can achieve what needs to be achieved by consent and the public being on board.

“That has been the case in the vast majority of scenarios. We can bring in tougher laws and they are ready to be signed if we need to.

“I don't want to do that just yet unless the Garda Commissioner feels it is absolutely necessary."

Obviously the Commissioner is in charge. Leo might as well be a doctor 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

It sounds silly to say that the mechanic guy down the street would make a better US president

But I'm referring to Scotty Kilmer

And I'm not joking, he'd make a great US president !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Hahaha see trump there with the fella asking about the oil

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

His advice was good but there's a time and place for it :D.

Wonders will never cease. Anyway I won't be commenting on trump because like the virus you need to keep it from spreading and the good people of this thread don't need that rubbish littering this place.

Trump now saying how the postal system should be run.

They've got a fantastic postal system, best in world, Best postal system ever. Doing a tremendous job, tremendous people, tremendous work they do. It will be even more tremendous when Trump tweaks it, more tremendous then ever before. It will be so tremendous the'll have to come up a word that is more tremendous than tremendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Reporter: I want to talk to you about oil.

Trump: What's the price today?

Reporter: I don't know.

Trum: OK, who's next?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Ok i had to laugh at that. A journalist asking Trump about the price of oil and he hadn't a clue himself. Top journalism there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭growleaves

Obviously the Commissioner is in charge. Leo might as well be a doctor 24/7

Its just a part of his soft sell. One step back, two steps forwards, repeat - molding people's minds to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Wow the reporter in the blue dress there is stunning and trump knows it, "Oh yeaah" he says

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wonders will never cease. Anyway I won't be commenting on trump because like the virus you need to keep it from spreading and the good people of this thread don't need that rubbish littering this place.

Was listening to Liveline earlier, apparently Old Moores Almanac predicted the virus this year and also predicted Trump won't get a 2nd term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭kyote00

quality and prep of some of the journo's is terrible....

Lundstram wrote: »
    Reporter: I want to talk to you about oil.

Trump: What's the price today?

Reporter: I don't know.

Trum: OK, who's next?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Genuinely looking forward to the comedy that will be Gemma O’Doherty’s reaction to this.

Surely she will be one of the first to be locked up. Her behaviour the last few days has been appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Thread starting to be taken over with Trump commentators, even though there's already a Trump thread. I'm out for tonight.
    and replies to comments over 3000 posts earlier
    digzy wrote: »
    By doing one session ( 4 hours ) a week?
    It’s called optics..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

That was his advice

I wouldn't be going to the GP, they wouldn't be dressed in the full PPE gear to see patients. A&E/hospital would probably be better equipped with dealing with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

and replies to comments over 3000 posts earlier

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

That was his advice

An emergency is still an emergency ring 999 ambulance service and explain situation. let them make decision. Some people with covid may rapidly decline . ring while you can still speak. ring if you cant speak and follow operators instructions if so.
    stokes heartattacks respiratory failure etc. all still 999 emergencys. So ring gp. no answer. ring out of hours no answer. ring 999. if they tell you go to a and e ring AHEAD or wait for ambulance.

go straight to 999 if one of the above.
    My humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭boardise

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    It's great to see more restrictions in place, but in reality; how can this be really policed?

The manpower just isn't there

Not only that -prisoners have been released already on overcrowding/safety grounds ...so prison is effectively an empty threat.

We don't need a blow by blow of his quotes. A summary of what he said and how it affects us would do. People repeating him is blocking up the thread with shoite.

Well you have a point but I'm not really sure what this particular thread is about, I thought is was just general commentary about anything to do with Covid. This is a sub forum with sub threads, where if one wishes to keep it specific, that could be done on a specific sub thread. Perhaps your right and there should be a "US response to Covid' thread, like the UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

So where exactly is this law? I can't find it.

What is essential travel? To go food shopping.... pharmacy.... laundry? Where is this wrote down in our statute book?

How is the 2km measured? As the crow flys a 2km circle boundary from my house?

I'm shocked they've made this legally enforceable.

Other than contrarians I think most people get the drift.

And the necessity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

kyote00 wrote: »
    quality and prep of some of the journo's is terrible....

They're not really journalists in the historic traditional sense. Wheezy guy collecting clippings and quotes from a prize gig in the white house. Made an arse of himself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement