Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric hair trimmer

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

How much is the Hair clippers going to cost you?

Consider how long lockdown will be for the second wave?

It could be well worth it for what you are going to pay for another year without a barbers cut. Sensible forward looking decision.

Going to give these ago for the time being.
    https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=wahl+homecut&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How much is the Hair clippers going to cost you?

Consider how long lockdown will be for the second wave?

It could be well worth it for what you are going to pay for another year without a barbers cut. Sensible forward looking decision.

And its actually pretty easy to cut your own hair, im not going back to the barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Out if stock unfortunately in Argos (Remington quick cut),but will hang on for the Remington.

Yes hold on. The user ability of this machine is amazing. If it was 200 I’d still buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

I forgot about the other cheap wahl, it is colour coded to easily distinguish the blades, but it also has a all blades 1 to 8, the other cheap one has 1 to 6. the 8" is 1inch long and looks like a close scissors cut on top.

The coloured one comes with a cape and neck brush too, in addition to the other items.

If you just want a close cut all over there is no real need for the 7 & 8

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=WAHL+COLOUR&authToken=372604536%252CQ28KB7bkCXLIEvmG6w%252FyU%252Br%252Bj%252F8%253D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

bush wrote: »
    , im not going back to the barbers.

I wouldnt say that either because there is value in a good cut but I am not going around the place looking scruffy. It will pay for itself twice over a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

rubadub wrote: »
    I forgot about the other cheap wahl, it is colour coded to easily distinguish the blades, but it also has a all blades 1 to 8, the other cheap one has 1 to 6. the 8" is 1inch long and looks like a close scissors cut on top.

The coloured one comes with a cape and neck brush too, in addition to the other items.

If you just want a close cut all over there is no real need for the 7 & 8

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=WAHL+COLOUR&authToken=372604536%252CQ28KB7bkCXLIEvmG6w%252FyU%252Br%252Bj%252F8%253D
    Doesn't seem to be in stock that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I have cut my own twice now. Scissor on top and clippers on side.

Plus my two boys twice.

I can honestly say.

Im done with paying 15 euro to a barber every month..

It really is an easy job, which for years I thought was impossible to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I went with this one a few months back when it was on offer :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078Q2KQNR/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_Xmp5EbZK9BH4P

That plus a decent sized handheld mirror and I've been managing fine. Not perfect but good enough in the current situation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bought beard trimmer from Harvey Normans for €25 plus €5 delivery. Did perfect jjob on self and three boys. Already in profit

I have cut my own twice now. Scissor on top and clippers on side.

Plus my two boys twice.

I can honestly say.

Im done with paying 15 euro to a barber every month..

It really is an easy job, which for years I thought was impossible to do.

5 minute video on youtube and you are a qualified barber. Good to know you are in profit already its going to be a year before I break even on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

5 minute video on youtube and you are a qualified barber. Good to know you are in profit already its going to be a year before I break even on mine.

In fairness the beard trimmer forced into hair cutting mightened last a year. Doing the job for now now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Anyone know any shops in Dublin with clippers in stock?

Too impatient to wait for an online delivery but if I have to I have to.

steve_r wrote: »
    Anyone know any shops in Dublin with clippers in stock?

Either Argos or Amazon. The second wave is on the way found in China yesterday, could be a cheap investment for the next year.
    Prepare for hard times.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

There's few popping up in Argos.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8541444.htm

One available in Ilac.

Picked a Philips one last week from Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

I got the Wahl Super Taper in April and it was working well but I let it fall and now the Blades no longer cut. One of the screw threads inside the machine has snapped and the parts are now loose.

I'm thinking of getting either the Kemi 2600, Remington Quick Cut or the Babybliss XTP which were all recommended earlier to replace it.

Can any of the above blades be zero gapped to give a bald shave?

Which one if those would give the closest cut. I usually use anything between 0 and 2 so are any of those suitable?

Thanks

Edit:
    Btw for anyone considering the Super Taper it is a good clipper but has 1 drawback that I only realised the other day. If you need to remove the blades to clean them it is quite difficult to reset them accurately.

It is also a heavy clipper but that could be a plus for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I got the Wahl Super Taper in April and it was working well but I let it fall and now the Blades no longer cut. One of the screw threads inside the machine has snapped and the parts are now loose.

I'm thinking of getting either the Kemi 2600, Remington Quick Cut or the Babybliss XTP which were all recommended earlier to replace it.

Can any of the above blades be zero gapped to give a bald shave?

Which one if those would give the closest cut. I usually use anything between 0 and 2 so are any of those suitable?

Thanks

Edit:
    Btw for anyone considering the Super Taper it is a good clipper but has 1 drawback that I only realised the other day. If you need to remove the blades to clean them it is quite difficult to reset them accurately.

It is also a heavy clipper but that could be a plus for some.

Parts are available for the Super Taper... I'd just fix that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Parts are available for the Super Taper... I'd just fix that
    +1,
    it could be under warranty, and I think wahl are pretty good. if they refuse it still might be possible to salvage, if you post photos of what is wrong you might get help. e.g the screws are a certain size, if they are totally ruined it might be possible to drill it out and rethread and use a bigger screw. I hate seeing stuff scrapped!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

rubadub wrote: »
    +1,
    it could be under warranty, and I think wahl are pretty good. if they refuse it still might be possible to salvage, if you post photos of what is wrong you might get help. e.g the screws are a certain size, if they are totally ruined it might be possible to drill it out and rethread and use a bigger screw. I hate seeing stuff scrapped!

The screw itself is not snapped. The casing that houses the thread that the screw goes into has snapped.

This screw is used to keep the electro magnet in place.

I don't think glueing it would work.

For what it might cost to get a new casing I might be better getting a new clippers like the Kemei for €30.

I don't think I sent awatly any guarantee form or registered it to avail if a guarantee.

I bought the Taper from Terrisales. Would they deal with the warranty or would I have to contact Wahl?

Advertisement